Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

Not talking about goals scored though is he, he's talking about pace.

Are baines and Pienaar quicker than De laet? They tore him apart on saturday.

Over 50 metres De laet would beat them both comfortably...At this level the speed of thought is far more effective than speed of the legs.

or as good

Correct.

McCormack had a good goal scoring season but he's not outstanding at anything, just like ings...put him in the prem he will struggle. In the prem you need to have outstanding attribute(s)

Vardy - pace & work rate

Ulloa - height and strength

That's why they will be valuable.

Deeney doesn't really have an outstanding attribute either, he's pretty good at everything but i wouldn't say he had certain strengths that are world class.

Nugent - urgh, I hate repeating it because I actually like the guy but just don't think he's good enough to be a premiership striker. Yes he scores the odd wonder goal... But so do I every now and again.

Are baines and Pienaar quicker than De laet? They tore him apart on saturday.

Over 50 metres De laet would beat them both comfortably...At this level the speed of thought is far more effective than speed of the legs.

I would say Pienaar and Baines are close to De Laets pace. Also they never really outpaced him anyways just those two work so well together they've turned many a right back inside out. Vardy is lightning quick, and compared to three of those defenders, when he's deciding where to run and they have to react, they'll find it hard to contain him.

Correct.

McCormack had a good goal scoring season but he's not outstanding at anything, just like ings...put him in the prem he will struggle. In the prem you need to have outstanding attribute(s)

Vardy - pace & work rate

Ulloa - height and strength

That's why they will be valuable.

Deeney doesn't really have an outstanding attribute either, he's pretty good at everything but it would say he had certain strengths that are world class.

Nugent - urgh, I hate repeating it because I actually like the guy but just don't think he's good enough to be a premiership striker. Yes he scores the odd wonder goal... But so do I every now and again.

Ings is a top player. And he's what 23? "put him in the prem and he will struggle"... It's his first game in the top flight today, and it's against one if the favourites to win the league. Not only that, he's not playing up front he's in that supporting role ala Nugent.

Some of you look at this with tinted Leicester glasses on.

You don't need pace to be a top player.

Vardy's a good player but his speed and ability is getting more overrated every week he doesn't play.

Based on what I've seen, Ings is a better player. That doesn't mean that Vardy isn't a good player or hugely important to us. He'll cause some good teams big problems.

I wish people stop labelling Nugent as a goalscorer. I know it sounds bizarre but he's more of a number 10 player or like an inferior Özil in the sense that he tends to find opportunities for other players to get in the danger zone and open up a chance to slot the ball in the net. We have others in the squad that are capable of scoring as their main attribute.

Dyche has been very naive thinking they could just resume how they played in the championship going into the premiership. The good majority of teams will just rip through them if they play that midfield.

We did the same thing against everton though.....

Ings is a top player. And he's what 23? It's his first game in the top flight today, and it's against one if the favourites to win the league.

Some of you look at this with tinted Leicester glasses on.

We will see.

I don't have tinted Leicester glasses. Ings is better than Nugent. Leicester glasses are smothered in Nugents spunk because we can win penos and he's pretty good at taking them and then chipping in with the odd goal.

Ings is a decent player, not premiership though. He had a very good season and better than expected.

The premiership is a league where you need to play to your strengths and if a certain players strengths are average and he is a player with no real strength and is just "good" at everything. He won't have a very successful season.

I would say Pienaar and Baines are close to De Laets pace. Also they never really outpaced him anyways just those two work so well together they've turned many a right back inside out. Vardy is lightning quick, and compared to three of those defenders, when he's deciding where to run and they have to react, they'll find it hard to contain him.

Baines really isn't quick, mahrez was outpacing him at times.

Also, over 50-60 yards De laet is the quickest player at the club, it was confirmed in pre-season that he was actually quicker than Dyer and schlupp over that distance.

i wouldn't swap jamie vardy for anyone outside the top 4 of messi, ronaldo, bale and suarez. 

What about Tony Hibbert? Because if he was fit on Saturday Everton would have won by at least 6 clear goals.

Vardy's a good player but his speed and ability is getting more overrated every week he doesn't play.

Based on what I've seen, Ings is a better player. That doesn't mean that Vardy isn't a good player or hugely important to us. He'll cause some good teams big problems.

Don't think many are really saying Vardy is better, just his pace will cause slower defenders problems. Ings is a different type of striker. Both can create something from nothing, Ings with is movement and ball control, Vardy with his pace and work rate. IMO it's going to be harder for Ings in a team like Burnley to get chance to utilise that ability than it will for Vardy to do so.

We will see.

I don't have tinted Leicester glasses. Ings is better than Nugent. Leicester glasses are smothered in Nugents spunk because we can win penos and he's pretty good at taking them and then chipping in with the odd goal.

Ings is a decent player, not premiership though. He had a very good season and better than expected.

The premiership is a league where you need to play to your strengths and if a certain players strengths are average and he is an overall striker he won't have a very successful season.

Nugent contributed a lot to Vardy's improvement. 14 assists, was it? I remember 'Boro away first game of last season - Nugent changed the game when he came in, with his movement alone, something that continued all season. His movement is still the best of our forwards. All this goes unnoticed.

Ings had one good season, yeah, better than expected. Same as Vardy. You can't say he isn't a premier league player after 50 minutes of football. He's a natural finisher, he'll bag a few.

Baines really isn't quick, mahrez was outpacing him at times.

Also, over 50-60 yards De laet is the quickest player at the club, it was confirmed in pre-season that he was actually quicker than Dyer and schlupp over that distance.

And when did they race him over 50/60 yards? Any time he was beaten it was over a few yards after they'd turned him.

Don't think many are really saying Vardy is better, just his pace will cause slower defenders problems. Ings is a different type of striker. Both can create something from nothing, Ings with is movement and ball control, Vardy with his pace and work rate. IMO it's going to be harder for Ings in a team like Burnley to get chance to utilise that ability than it will for Vardy to do so.

Ings is quick.

He's getting really underrated by a lot on here. I can see him getting 10 league goals for Burnley this season. Whether that will be enough remains to be seen.

Nugent contributed a lot to Vardy's improvement. 14 assists, was it? I remember 'Boro away first game of last season - Nugent changed the game when he came in, with his movement alone, something that continued all season. His movement is still the best of our forwards. All this goes unnoticed.

Ings had one good season, yeah, better than expected. Same as Vardy. You can't say he isn't a premier league player after 50 minutes of football. He's a natural finisher, he'll bag a few.

All goal scoring strikers at this level should be natural finishers.

He doesn't have anything that stands out for me like Vardy & Ulloa

But who knows, he may keep Burnley up. Just seen a strike from ings straight after kick off... Didn't look that natural!

Archived