Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Pre-Season Training News & Titbits (not Chebs)

My mistake, I'm a tired man.

ALL LOOK THE SAME DO THEY SILVERDAZ

Oooops schollboy error sorry chaps didnt mean to cause any offense I just thought it was as I didnt realise some of the development team went to Austria as well. My apologies iif I caused an offence genuine mistake

The Leicester City squad settled quickly into work on Monday morning, following their arrival at their Austrian pre-season training camp.

Having touched down at Graz airport on Sunday, Nigel Pearson’s men made the brief transfer to Bad Radkersburg –their training base for the week in the south-eastern state of Styria and familiar territory for several members of the group.
It is the third summer in succession that the Foxes have visited the highly-regarded training centre near the Slovenian border, which offers the perfect environment for six days of team bonding and intensive conditioning ahead of the new Barclays Premier League season.
Upon their arrival on Sunday afternoon, the main group were joined by goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel, who travelled direct from Copenhagen having been afforded a later pre-season report date due to international commitments at the end of last term.
Following a short bike ride to shake off the effects of the afternoon flight, the players and staff enjoyed dinner before settling in to watch Sunday’s World Cup Final between Germany and Argentina.
Monday started with a morning bike ride to the nearby training facilities – an activity those that have previously travelled to Bad Radkersburg have become well accustomed to – before the first of two training sessions got under way.
schmeichel-480280-1758390.jpg
The group, which includes first team regulars as well as several members of the Club’s Under-21 Development Squad, was in fine spirits as they were put through their paces by Nigel Pearson and his backroom team, while Schmeichel got his first chance to train with new team-mate Ben Hamer as well as a more familiar training partner in Conrad Logan.
The squad will continue to train in Bad Radkersburg this week before returning to the UK on Friday, as focus begins to move towards the first pre-season friendlies of the summer. Steve Beaglehole’s Under-21 squad travels to Loughborough Dynamo on Monday 21 July, while the first team head to Ilkeston on Tuesday 22.

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/140714-work-begins-in-styria-for-city-squad-1758391.aspx#wPSmDj7vtwSfV0Da.99

Archived