Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Pre-Season Training News & Titbits (not Chebs)

Is Conrad with them/still with us? I thought he was contracted til next summer but he's not in any of the photos, seems like the GK's are Schmeichel, Hamer and Smith. Has Logan taken his 'loyalty' one step further by not even training anymore?

Is Conrad with them/still with us? I thought he was contracted til next summer but he's not in any of the photos, seems like the GK's are Schmeichel, Hamer and Smith. Has Logan taken his 'loyalty' one step further by not even training anymore?

If you have a look on Schmeichel's overhead kick video, you see in the background just beyond Kasper.

Sorry if I've missed it but is Jack Barmby with the squad? Interesting to see what the plans are with him will be this season

Quite a few of the development squad are there.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/170714-phillips-strikers-looking-sharp-1764951.aspx

City’s strikers are well on their way to tip-top form according to former Leicester star Kevin Phillips, who has been putting them through their paces in Austria.

In the almost 30 degree heat, Phillips took his first-ever coaching session with the lads, and was delighted with their attitude and application as he prepares them to make an impact on the Barclays Premier League next season. 

Phillips retired from his long and successful playing career at the end of the 2013/14 campaign after claiming a fifth promotion to the Premier League, and is now fully focused on helping Nigel Pearson’s side stay there for the long-term. 

Speaking exclusively to LCFC.com, Phillips said: “I’ve put on my first training session and it was a bit strange not joining in. I was tempted to, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and I hope the lads enjoyed it. Now that that one is out of the way, hopefully there are many more to come. 

“I’m here to work with the strikers and I really enjoyed our first session, it was very sharp. All I want is hard work from the lads and to listen. They’ve done that for me. 

“We’re looking very good. I think all the coaching staff, the medical department and the sports science department are really pleased with the way the lads have reported back, and that’s to be expected. 

“It’s an exciting time, and the majority of players here have never experienced the Premier League. So naturally they’re going to want to impress by getting fit and staying fit.” 

Having scored 30 times for Sunderland in his debut Premier League season, Phillips certainly knows a thing or two about what it takes to succeed at the top level, and from a coaching standpoint, he’s looking to pass on that expertise to the current crop of City stars. 

He added: “Over my career I’ve worked under 21 managers and taken part in thousands of sessions. I’ve thought about it over the summer, and being a striker I want to put on sessions that are relevant to a match situation. 

“I want to put stuff on that they enjoy, and I know what they enjoy and don’t enjoy. But the ones that you don’t enjoy, you’ve got to try and make it a bit different, and if you do that you’ll get a good session. 

“There are loads of things going through my head and it’s totally different to turning up as a player, doing your job and going home. It’s hard work, but I’m enjoying it. 

“Now it’s about getting our strikers in tip top condition with the campaign coming up. Hopefully they can be the difference between winning and losing games.”

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/170714-phillips-strikers-looking-sharp-1764951.aspx#GQvZmBmHF7LMPoOc.99

Archived