Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bagworthblue

Time to expand the KP?

Am I the only 1 feeling like its going to be very tough getting decent tickets next season?

it's going to be tough getting ANY tickets next season. 22k = ST + 3-5 k away allocation = 6k ish on general sale will be snapped up for a lot of games, especially weekend games

it's going to be tough getting ANY tickets next season. 22k = ST + 3-5 k away allocation = 6k ish on general sale will be snapped up for a lot of games, especially weekend games

Exactly

• 2 weeks later...

I can't post a picture at the minute so this link will take you to the Bluemoon forum where they have a pic of Cardiff's expansion.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=299783&start=1580

It doesn't look good at all!

Agreed looks terrible especially the mixture of blue and red seats. From a archetectural view it doesn't look like its taken much consideration into the original stands with the stand either with the design

Agreed looks terrible especially the mixture of blue and red seats. From a archetectural view it doesn't look like its taken much consideration into the original stands with the stand either with the design

Do you reckon Vincent Tan is going to swap all the blue seats in time?

Do you reckon Vincent Tan is going to swap all the blue seats in time?

You would think so otherwise it does look really crap even the exterior has blue panelling like ours, would have just been much easier to stay blue or buy a football team that plays in red IMO

Cardiff-City-Stadium_2326477.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I say build it now. We could easy fill an extra 5000 seats this season next season who knows but it wouldn't do any harm having the extra seats. I would increase the road side stand of the stadium the family stand and the two corners and make the stadium as a whole able to host concerts. The stadium would look larger from outside hold more and a stage could be erected for gigs at the cop end more tickets at gigs too. We have missed out on extra revenue for long enough the tigers have a gig on this weekend which could easily been hosted at the KP.

As fans generally I think we must lack ambition. It's a no brainer that we expand whilst the demand is there NOW. 3000 spare fooking tickets for every game next season for members etc is clearly not enough, need to expand by at least 5'000 if not 8'000 taking us up to 40'000 capacity. Strike whilst the iron is hot please City

As fans generally I think we must lack ambition. It's a no brainer that we expand whilst the demand is there NOW. 3000 spare fooking tickets for every game next season for members etc is clearly not enough, need to expand by at least 5'000 if not 8'000 taking us up to 40'000 capacity. Strike whilst the iron is hot please City

Punters moan about a half empty stand if we are relegated,but you did not see Leeds and Sheff Wed decreasing there capacity on there grounds when they were relegated..and there capacitys are 38,000 for Leeds and 40,000 for Sheff Wed,so puts things in perspective really.

Punters moan about a half empty stand if we are relegated,but you did not see Leeds and Sheff Wed decreasing there capacity on there grounds when they were relegated..and there capacitys are 38,000 for Leeds and 40,000 for Sheff Wed,so puts things in perspective really.

Sheffield and Leeds are both bigger cities than Leicester but I really do think we should be trying to better ourselves and make the most of our potential so yes I think it's time to push the boat out and expand the capacity

Only extensions, I would like to see, are Balti pie shop, thai restaurant, Argentinian theme pub, and a danish smoegasbord cafe.

And a RSPCA dog care home, that take in wild dogs beaten up by Pearson.

I cannot see how with our matchday pricing structure we will ever average even 35,000. Even if we sustain ourselves, the novelty will die off in the end (providing we do a say... Stoke) and there's no way people will pay those kind of prices for Leicester v Hull.

It's a shame as our season ticket prices are very reasonable this year, but matchday ones will make this a pointless exercise in the long-term.

I cannot see how with our matchday pricing structure we will ever average even 35,000. Even if we sustain ourselves, the novelty will die off in the end (providing we do a say... Stoke) and there's no way people will pay those kind of prices for Leicester v Hull.

It's a shame as our season ticket prices are very reasonable this year, but matchday ones will make this a pointless exercise in the long-term.

Perhaps expanding would make the prices more reasonable? I hope im not in cloud cuckoo land saying that lol

If we stay up I think we will have to expand the stadium. Im sure the owners will already have potential plans in place. The fact we've sold 22,000, or whatever the figure is, of season tickets, just shows we will need a bigger stadium. There are many people like myself, that can't get a season ticket so to be able to give everyone a chance of watching Leicester, we will need a bigger stadium.

It would have to go through the planning process and then hope to avoid those 'offside' mob that successfully blocked both the Bead Island option and the Filbert Street expansion.

Totally agree. We might have an odd game sell out, but I dont see city fans being hardcore, that will give a

32 k consistent turnout, even if we were chasing a top 10 place.

Plus any investment value has to be weighed up over 2-3 seasons.

Not forgetting even our hardcore fans, wont be turning up every sat, mons, sats, tues, sundays, on the bounce.

Totally agree. We might have an odd game sell out, but I dont see city fans being hardcore, that will give a

32 k consistent turnout, even if we were chasing a top 10 place.

Plus any investment value has to be weighed up over 2-3 seasons.

Not forgetting even our hardcore fans, wont be turning up every sat, mons, sats, tues, sundays, on the bounce.

Build it and they will come.....................

Archived