Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

Watched Olympiakos V Bayern last night.  Estoban may regret moving there..... and he has had to wear shirt number 91 (or may be their Club Shop got the numbers the wrong way around).   Hard to judge him against such good opposition. Very nice sun tan though.

Then Nugent booked and Mills subbed off, replaced by Jack Hobbs.

Seeing the Forest squad always makes me smile. O' Grady, Mills, Hobbs. It looks like Dougie is continuing on from his Bolton project: 'Nowhere near good enough for Leicester rejects XI'

Edited by Finnaldo

Former Derby County and Leicester City defender Zak Whitbread has rejected a contract offer from Sky Bet League One side Blackpool, according to the Blackpool Gazette

The former Liverpool academy graduate has been out of contract since the start of the summer having been released by Derby, after spending two years at the club, and making 15 appearances for the Rams.

Former United States Under-23 international Whitbread has played his trade in the Football League throughout his career, including spells at Millwall, where he made 119 appearances and scored three goals, and Norwich City, where he made 44 appearances and scored once.

Whitbread would provide Tangerines' boss Neil McDonald with another viable option at the back, and he would bring a wealth of experience to the recently-relegated League One side, who find themselves bottom of the table following a 1-1 draw at home to Barnsley yesterday.

McDonald has stated that he is looking to strengthen his squad, telling the Blackpool Gazette: 'We are always looking to try and strengthen the squad and we’ll see how that develops.'

Is Lloyd Dyer still rotting at Watford? I know he isn't the best technical player ever but I could imagine he would be a right handful if playing in our system at the moment.

He's also 33 and wouldn't get near our team now. Good servant but that ship has sailed.
  • Like 1

Uwe Rosler has admitted to Sky Sports' FL72 Podcast that he was surprised Leeds United were able to complete a deal for Chris Wood over the summer.

Leeds brought in Wood from Leicester City for a fee The Sun report to be around £2.5 million, and Rosler was shocked that his side were able to match such a valuation. 

The German boss is delighted that the Whites were able to show such ambition in the transfer window, though, and says that Wood has impressed him greatly since arriving at Elland Road. 

"I wasn't sure we could attract a player of that sort of transfer value to our football club, but Mr. Cellino surprised me," he explained. "I think Chris Wood is absolutely suiting our structure of the club. He's an experienced player in the Championship, but he needed to find a home. He needed to find a club where he was the number one striker, where he has a coach who believes in him and will try and help him through difficult periods.

"Chris has absolutely lived up to his responsibilities and from being a squad player at other clubs, he has now become a 40-game plus player for us." 

Wood has led the line well for Leeds over the early part of the season, with his robust style roughing up defences across the division. 

The 23-year-old has already showcased his quality at Championship level, and it has been a long time since Leeds have had a goalscoring striker that they can rely on. 

SEE ALSO: Download the brand new HITC Sport Live App: An essential live scores and news companion

Wood has already racked up four goals in his first nine appearances, and seems to be going from strength to strength as the season progresses and he fully acclimatises to new surroundings. 

The powerful striker has scored different types of goals as well, including a screamer against Derby County, and he should be in confident mood heading into Leeds' game against Middlesbrough on Sunday. 

Were you surprised to see Leeds sign Chris Wood?

Uwe Rosler has admitted to Sky Sports' FL72 Podcast that he was surprised Leeds United were able to complete a deal for Chris Wood over the summer.

Leeds brought in Wood from Leicester City for a fee The Sun report to be around £2.5 million, and Rosler was shocked that his side were able to match such a valuation. 

The German boss is delighted that the Whites were able to show such ambition in the transfer window, though, and says that Wood has impressed him greatly since arriving at Elland Road. 

"I wasn't sure we could attract a player of that sort of transfer value to our football club, but Mr. Cellino surprised me," he explained. "I think Chris Wood is absolutely suiting our structure of the club. He's an experienced player in the Championship, but he needed to find a home. He needed to find a club where he was the number one striker, where he has a coach who believes in him and will try and help him through difficult periods.

"Chris has absolutely lived up to his responsibilities and from being a squad player at other clubs, he has now become a 40-game plus player for us." 

Wood has led the line well for Leeds over the early part of the season, with his robust style roughing up defences across the division. 

The 23-year-old has already showcased his quality at Championship level, and it has been a long time since Leeds have had a goalscoring striker that they can rely on. 

SEE ALSO: Download the brand new HITC Sport Live App: An essential live scores and news companion

Wood has already racked up four goals in his first nine appearances, and seems to be going from strength to strength as the season progresses and he fully acclimatises to new surroundings. 

The powerful striker has scored different types of goals as well, including a screamer against Derby County, and he should be in confident mood heading into Leeds' game against Middlesbrough on Sunday. 

Were you surprised to see Leeds sign Chris Wood?

glad to see he's doing well there, wonder if we could call in a favour back and get a nice deal on sam byram