Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

He could cross, shoot from distance and had a run of scoring goals - he sounds like a pretty good player based on that assessment.

Struggled at times to actually beat his man in the 1 on 1 situations to get the cross in. Suffered from head down syndrome.

Very similar to Gallagher really.

Another player who was highly over-rated on this forum. So much so, quite a few likened him favourably, in one thread, to Tom Ince.

Marshall is decent with a dead ball but had no pace or real composure. One of Pearson's rare poor signings if truth ve told. The best part about him was the chant.

I know someone who works at the club and he says it doesn't happen very often but Pearson made a mistake by signing him.

The one thing he always looks for in players is attitude and apparently Ben Marshall had a terrible one. One time he pulled up in the training ground opened his door & chucked a load of McDonald's rubbish onto the floor. Someone told him to pick it up, his reply was "it's not my job too"

His attitude was wrong, I heard the same. He didn't fit in with the rest of the group. And as you know with Pearson, it is all about the group.

Shame really as he had some qualities.

I recall a tweet he did once, something like "everything always goes wrong for me" very negative at a time that it shouldn't have been.

Decent footballer, but not right for our set up

Can't understand the mentality of footballers like Marshall, with the right attitude he clearly has the potential to be a top Championship/ Lower Prem player and decides to be a complete arsehole.

A bad signing that won't live long in the memory for me to be honest.

Great player, terrible attitude. That time he signed up to Foxestalk and started crying to us because he didn't like something to do with the noticeboard and Pearson bit odd

Would love to read that thread. Is it still on the boards?

So we are three/four weeks till the start of the season, St Ledger finds himself without a club and pissing about in Dublin.

What a professional.

Wasn't he working for the Irish FA handing grants out to grass roots football clubs?

If say all credit to him, and before you all say well he got paid.

All the Irish internationals give their match and appearance fees to charity.

That's common knowledge in Ireland.

I think we as Leic fans are getting a bit above ourselves now we are in the Prem, this time next years we could all be licking our wounds.

Our signings for this season have been poor, and handing out 3-4 year contracts to unproven players spells disaster to me.

Pearson to be sacked by Late Dec is my prediction.

Yawn Kenn......or should I say Sean....

Still awaiting for Billy Davies to be that tactical genius you predicted.

You'll find all English players do the same as well. It's not well publicised as the charities could get annoyed at not being included.

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Wasn't he working for the Irish FA handing grants out to grass roots football clubs?

I think we as Leic fans are getting a bit above ourselves now we are in the Prem, this time next years we could all be licking our wounds.

Our signings for this season have been poor, and handing out 3-4 year contracts to unproven players spells disaster to me.

Are you ever positive? 

Deep down I swear you want us to fail so that you can say this and that about Pearson, the man who has guided us to the Premier League for the first time in ten years. "This signing isn't good", "that signing isn't good", shut up. We're going to have to dig in this season - and everybody needs to be behind the staff, the players, the club - just like clubs around us.

I wouldn't put it past Pearson to keep us in the division. Then I'll be looking forward to another one of your great predictions this time next year. What were you saying this time last season? "Bottom half, relegation, Nigel isn't good enough?"

Yeah, your prediction of 7th place and Pearson sacked last season went so well didn't it?

King Billy.