Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

next England captain

Maybe we should just rotate the captaincy like Italy do, but that won't happen we give far too much credence to the captaincy.

I've never really understood why it's such a big deal. It's not like cricket where the captain is integral to how the team play/are positioned throughout the match.

Guest MattP

Fcuking hell, imagine wanting to go for a chat with your captain and having to explain your problems to an overgrown illiterate chimp?

Maybe the FA and ECB are having a captain off to see who can wind up the press and fans more.

Maybe we should just rotate the captaincy like Italy do, but that won't happen we give far too much credence to the captaincy.

On the nail. I agree

Hodgson should go out, and say Hes going to leave it open until the Europen championship qualification has been confirmed, and then see further.

Neither in Football nor cricket, do you play individually good or bad because who you captain is.

In cricket, the bowlers may be more reliant on a descision of the day.

Footballer couldnt give a toss, (rightly so).!!!

How does it actually work in Italy then?

I could be wrong, but doesn't it just simply go to the most capped player? It's just an armband after all. The Italian view is that they are all professionals and should be capable of leading on the pitch in their own ways.

I could be wrong, but doesn't it just simply go to the most capped player? It's just an armband after all. The Italian view is that they are all professionals and should be capable of leading on the pitch in their own ways.

Fair enough, that would be Rooney then, but then it eliminates the whole undroppable aspect of the captain. The only reason Hart is being mentioned is that he is probably the most likely to be an ever present.

Guest MattP

Has another country ever appointed as big an oaf as this to the national captaincy?

Here's another thing we do wrong that Spain, Italy, Holland, Germany etc don't.

Guest ttfn

Most people choose their most capped player as the captain...everyone says we should copy them.

That'll be Rooney then. The person no one wants.

Or Shilton.

Archived