Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bramhall Fox

Family Membership

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I cannot understand why I cannot get a "proper" family membership.  I can get a Fox membership for one adult and one child. I want to get something for myself and my 2 sons (both under 18) i.e. 1 adult and 2 children, but the only way of doing that is to buy 2 of the Fox memberships i.e. 2 adults and 2 children.  I don't go with another adult. 

How can we have a "family membership" for the family stand when it is only 1 child per 1 adult?

Anyone help me out here?  Have I missed something?  Ticket office are telling me this is the only way to do it.

No - a family can be anything.  If I went with my full family, it would be the 2 adults and 3 children - how would that work then?  As it happens, my other half or daughter don't want to come regularly.  What about the families with 4 or 5 children?  I often see dads with 2, 3 or 4 children in the family stand, but they will now have the same issue as me.

I see your point but it's the same anywhere. If you go to the zoo a family ticket is 2 adults/2 kids (generally). If you have three kids then you have to buy an extra ticket. If you only have one adult then you have to buy the individual tickets.

heh.

I'll say again (when it cmes to these types of things).

I know there are families with 1 adult, 5 children etc, but when it comes to tickets etc, usually to gain a family style discount there needs to be 2 full paying adults and 2 children.

Don't understand what's too hard to understand about that really. Makes pefect sense to me, it's just unlucky for you, I do feel for you.

It used to be like that Stripey Fox, many years ago.  However, everywhere we go now, we can get various themes on a family ticket.  For example, last school holiday we went to Blackpool Pleasure Beach and got a 2 adult, 3 children family ticket.  Tomorrow we're going to Alton Towers and have a 1 adult, 3 children family ticket.  Our pals up here (we live in Manchester) have a 1 adult, 3 children family season ticket at Manchester City.  It is so short-sighted to think famlies now are just 2 + 2.

It is so short-sighted to think famlies now are just 2 + 2.

Yes, I think blueonyou is still living in the 70's with his 'don't understand what's too hard to understand' comment.

If every family was just 2 adults and 2 children why are 4 and even 5 bedroom houses so common now?

Yes, precisely Promised Land.  Anyway, I've had no choice but to buy 2 Fox Memberships, which is a complete waste as I'll only use 3 tickets each match, but that's all I can do. 

This doesn't help the club either, as they are only selling a certain number of these Fox memberships, so there may be others who have to do what I did, whereas there could have been more memberships/tickets available for others if we were allowed to buy only the number we'll use.

Anyway, done now so bring on the new season!

Archived