Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Exciting Changes To 2014/15 Fox Travel

woods-640x480280-1777336_478x359.jpeg
Supporters using Fox Travel for the 2014/15 Barclays Premier League season can now do so from as little as £10 per game for every league fixture as part of some exciting changes for the new campaign.
The Club has teamed up with Official Fox Travel partners The Stewart Group & Woods Coaches to help the Blue Army support their team up and down the country – a journey that will see them travel an incredible 4,440 miles this season. 

And those committed supporters using Fox Travel will now benefit from subsidised travel for those away league trips in 2014/15, with seats on the first 10 Fox Travel coaches costing just £10 per game for EVERY league fixture

This comes as part of the Club’s drive to provide it’s fantastic supporters with cost-effective travel to and from every Premier League game in 2014/15, regardless of the opposition. 

After the first 10 coaches have been filled for each game, seats on the next set of coaches will be charged at a rate that will determined upon the distance. 

Coaches depart from King Power Stadium prior to every away league fixture and the first places on Fox Travel coaches will go on sale on Friday 25 July for the trip to Chelsea on Saturday 23 August. 

So with seats on the first 10 Fox Travel coaches for this game priced at just £10 each, supporters are urged to get in quick!

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/230714-exciting-changes-to-201415-fox-travel-1777340.aspx#ZUZtcMOz4fhHXM1O.99

I'd rather the £200k (if this is being funded by the £200k) went towards subsidising the outrageous away ticket prices. Not everyone travels to away games from Leicester (I'm based in Oxfordshire), and some like to make a weekend of it, so coach travel is not an option for them. This will only benefit a few travelling fans.

Just so people know, £200k is the minimum spend. Nothing stops them from spending more.

There are negotiations ongoing with other clubs to arrange mutual ticket prices and there are other plans for free pie & pint, scarf etc. It won't just be subsidised travel.

Just so people know, £200k is the minimum spend. Nothing stops them from spending more.

There are negotiations ongoing with other clubs to arrange mutual ticket prices and there are other plans for free pie & pint, scarf etc. It won't just be subsidised travel.

Nooooooooooo!!!

The melt down if the pie and pint isn't for season ticket holders lol.

Would be fantastic if they thrashed out mutual ticket price details. A massive step in the right direction.

As some have indicated above this initiative comes as part of the Premier League Away Fans' Fund which came about as a result of the FSF £20 is plenty campaign, clubs have used the fund in a number of different ways more details here

http://fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/p...away-fans-fund

As some have indicated above this initiative comes as part of the Premier League Away Fans' Fund which came about as a result of the FSF £20 is plenty campaign, clubs have used the fund in a number of different ways more details here

Who on earth are those quotes from pretending to be Richard Scudamore? :blink::o

If that's the case, why is no mention made of this in the article that appeared on the OS?

Are the club trying to pretend they're subsidising coach travel, when in fact it's money coming from the Premier League?

Horrible way of doing aways. Done it once when a desperate teenager who couldn't drive. I vowed never again. I've stuck to this ever since. Train all day long to aways.

Train is fine if you're a student with a railcard, start paying full adult fares and the smoke is around £57 for an anytime return off peak.

Yes you can get cheap one ways but then as someone else says 'you're not travelling at your own leisure' because you can only use that train at that time.

Why pay near on £60 when the same journey can be done for a tenner?

Ok train is faster and more room on board, but coach takes you right to the turnstiles 90% of the time.

I've done both and driven and don't mind any really but I'll always go by the cheapest method unless situations change.

Also get stuck on a line where some muppet has decided to stand infront of a train in full flow, then tell me the train is the best route.

Yes the same could be said for a RTA and you're stuck in miles of stationary cars but those jams aren't as bad as a line stopped for hours and not moving at all.

It comes down to personal preference and opinions will always vary.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For home game travel:

I found this amazing website where you can book your parking at the Welford Road - NCP for just £6 for games until the end of Jan.

I just booked my parking for the Villa and Stoke games!

Let's hope we can build on our 2nd half performance vs Liverpool and win the next two games!

Here is the link to book your parking: http://bit.ly/1AqfYVG

Archived