Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Lewis Holtby

It may well be bull but it is the best bit of bull we've heard all summer bar Cardozo.

Nigel - get this done!

I'd take Holtby over ten Cardozos.

I'd ****ing love this to be true. Would be a tidy marquee signing.

Can't see it being within our wage budget, though.

Why?

He's not a player that's on my radar but from what I do Know he hasn't made the cut in the Prem particularly.

In his first year at spurs he looked decent in a deeper holding role - he was outstanding away at Basel in the Europa league - but he is versatile enough to play in more advanced midfield role too, making him a flexible addition to the squad. Also given his 5 years top flight experience in Germany and England and his international call ups I'd say he could be a good addition.

In his first year at spurs he looked decent in a deeper holding role - he was outstanding away at Basel in the Europa league - but he is versatile enough to play in more advanced midfield role too, making him a flexible addition to the squad. Also given his 5 years top flight experience in Germany and England and his international call ups I'd say he could be a good addition.

Fair enough, all I know is that he came to Spurs for little money, didn't make many appearances (although he is relatively young) and then went to Fulham and played in the side that got relegated - which doesn't make him a bad player though it appears Spurs have been trying to offload him during this transfer window.

Fair enough, all I know is that he came to Spurs for little money, didn't make many appearances (although he is relatively young) and then went to Fulham and played in the side that got relegated - which doesn't make him a bad player though it appears Spurs have been trying to offload him during this transfer window.

Spurs was a big step and he didn't really get opportunities, Fulham were absolutely dross.

I think in a side like ours, young, vibrant and energetic he'd thrive. He's not Gotze or Reus but he's still got bags of talent and would comfortably improve our options.

Still think he might be a bit beyond us though. Unless Spurs want him specifically to play premier league football I could see him as better for his career going back to any number of Bundesliga clubs that would surely snap him up to be honest?

Holtby would make all my dreams come true and leave me with spuff on my boat race just like Gelson Fernandes did in 2011. He has unbelievable amounts of ability and is exactly the sort of player we need, I would go all out and break every wage cap and principles we have in place to get him.

Would be very happy with this IF true. Would do well in our midfield I think.

IF it is true then do you think LH coming in might open up the possibility of King being used as a makeweight to get Deeney?

Rumours are that Spurs will offer him on loan to Aston Vanilla to help secure the signing of the dutch defender Spurs are chasing.

It's been said on here a couple of times recently and it's fairly accurate, how often do swap deals ever really come off? They're always rumoured and they never really happen.

It's been said on here a couple of times recently and it's fairly accurate, how often do swap deals ever really come off? They're always rumoured and they never really happen.

Spurs have just straight swapped Glyfi Sigurdsson for Ben Davies so you never know.

Said when he went to Fulham that I didn't think he was all that and he didn't do much when he was there.

Really don't think he's that great. He doesn't play in a position that we need to strengthen in IMO.

Get a left back and a CDM in and maybe a centre half and we'll  be fine.

Rose, Fer and Zouma or Ake on loan.

Archived