Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluearmy 316

Won't be betting with Ladbrokes again

"Likewise, Napoli’s Goran Pandev who has also run out for Lazio and Inter Milan in Serie A.  Almost 100 goals in Italy’s top flight are not to be sniffed at and while older he could have also represented better value than Pearson’s new charge."

I think this article may have been written by an actual spastic.

You might think someone is mentally incompetent and unworthy of respect just because they have a partial paralysis.  You're wrong on both counts - cerebral palsy does not make a person mentally disabled, and even if it did, dishing out abuse of the mentally handicapped is wrong.

Our club will prefer to spend on transfer fees rather than wages as we have a wage cap to maintain squad harmony.

e.g. if we have given kasper, drinkwater, nugent etc. 40k a week and then sign a new unproven boy on 80k a week what will happen? its not how pearson has setup the squad.

Only time will tell if pearson's approach will work, but it got us promoted and he has earned the shot at making it work.

Who cares. Some bell end gets paid a tiny amount to write a fluff piece for a betting website and you're acting like you're offended. We shouldn't be getting pissy when someone writes something bad about us.

We're big league, now. We better get used to it.

Its not that harsh, 8 million is a joke, everyone of my mates who support other teams and some leicester mates all think its hilarious we have spent that much on someone so unproven.

Would love to be proved totally wrong.

The author's title says it all - "marketing communications content editor". He's only doing his job.

Personally, I'm looking forward to more stuff like this! It's good to be talked about. Like Danizen said, we're on people's radar now - so expect more "media scrutiny".

Our club will prefer to spend on transfer fees rather than wages as we have a wage cap to maintain squad harmony. e.g. if we have given kasper, drinkwater, nugent etc. 40k a week and then sign a new unproven boy on 80k a week what will happen? its not how pearson has setup the squad. Only time will tell if pearson's approach will work, but it got us promoted and he has earned the shot at making it work.

Not just for harmony, but selling him on too, should we want to rid of a player it is much easier to get rid of a player on a lower wage and not have them hanging around picking up their wage and not playing. (Paul Gallagher I'm looking at you.)

Really transfer fees mean fvck all, if playing in the prem is worth around £100m, if you identify the player that will keep us there then £8m is nothing, added to the good business done on free transfers earlier then we are well within budget for this window with plenty left to further strengthen.

Wages on the other hand can cripple a club, we've seen it a number of times, Portsmouth, Wolves, QPR where relegated clubs can't shift their big earners as nobody wants to match their ridiculous wages.

If we're honest with ourselves, if someone else signed a player like Ulloa for £8m we'd all be saying the same thing. The difference is we all know it's a large sum of money but we're confident in the recruitment policy based on 90% of the previous signings under this management.

The fact of the matter is no one, including us, has a clue before we've even played a competitive game.

It's only ridiculous if he doesn't score.

yep. but on the face of it right now it is a ridiculous sum. less than 1 in 2 in the championship and we've paid 8 million for him. hopefully it'll end up being worth it but we can all easily see why someone outside this board/a non lcfc fan would be laughing at that price tag. 

You might think someone is mentally incompetent and unworthy of respect just because they have a partial paralysis.  You're wrong on both counts - cerebral palsy does not make a person mentally disabled, and even if it did, dishing out abuse of the mentally handicapped is wrong.

Get a grip.

The term used clearly is being used as an overarching term of offence yes - but not one that is used towards CP sufferers in this day and age. That may be where the word originated, and there were doubtless many instances of abuse in the past down to this word, but nobody uses it to describe anybody with any real ailment any more. Language changes and your reaction is determined to find offence based on offences that were caused 20 years ago.

Get a grip.

The term used clearly is being used as an overarching term of offence yes - but not one that is used towards CP sufferers in this day and age. That may be where the word originated, and there were doubtless many instances of abuse in the past down to this word, but nobody uses it to describe anybody with any real ailment any more. Language changes and your reaction is determined to find offence based on offences that were caused 20 years ago.

No offence.. But how the fook do you know?

A number of people on this forum use the term 'Lunatic'.. Which derived primarily in the UK The Lunacy Act....so well over 100 years ago. But the phrase is still used, shows someone's complete bloody ignorance and yes, causes offence.

When I hear people frequently use such a phrase, or 'spastic' or 'retard', it makes me consider them either to be a child, or lacking an education...

Oh, and disabled... There's another one.

None of it needed... Surely people can talk and write without using these terms?

No offence.. But how the fook do you know?

A number of people on this forum use the term 'Lunatic'.. Which derived primarily in the UK The Lunacy Act....so well over 100 years ago. But the phrase is still used, shows someone's complete bloody ignorance and yes, causes offence.

When I hear people frequently use such a phrase, or 'spastic' or 'retard', it makes me consider them either to be a child, or lacking an education...

Oh, and disabled... There's another one.

None of it needed... Surely people can talk and write without using these terms?

You're offended by someone being called a lunatic?

Regarding the title of this thread: If Ladbrokes's odds for Leicester matches and props reflect this writer's opinion, and you wholeheartedly disagree with him, wouldn't you want to bet with Ladbrokes?

(To be fair, I haven't compared the odds Ladbrokes are offering on City to avoid relegation to other bookies; I'm just writing hypotheticals here.)

Archived