Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Ulloa's Strike Partner?

Haha, there are some deluded clowns on the Watford forum..being posted that we have offered Vardy, King and 4mil for Deeney!!.. And if that's not possible, then they can choose ANY player other than Ulloa, Drinky or Kasper!... They're saying Matty James would be favorable!!.... THIS IS WATFORD WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!!.. You know the one with the ramshackled stadium and half a loanee team!!.... Talk about deluded!!!

I doubt we'll go for Deeney as well. Surely it was one or the other. They're both generally the same type of player. I'd go with Nugent or Vardy alongside Ulloa against Everton, whoever Nige thinks is right, but the following week at Chelsea I'd go with only Ulloa up top.

Dont want him anywhere near our squad.

We have a nice vibe at the moment...this little thug will cause trouble.

I'm thinking that. I'm also thinking now that the squad has an effective guard dog in Wasyl, if we were to bring Troy Deeney and he tried anything Wise-esque, Wasyl would tear him up like a Rottweiler with a newspaper. 

I think Nige will be looking at a 4231 formation, with Ulloa at the top, and the 3 made up from Knocky, Vardy, Mahrez, Nugent and Albrighton, these 3 will do the closing down off the ball and provide the ammo for Ulloa, and get forward quickly to support him. If he is as good at holding the ball up and playing in others as we hope then I can see that be a tactic, especially away from home.

Keep Ulloa up field and look to get the ball to him quickly, not aimlessly hoof, but look to him as an outlet to relieve pressure, hold the ball up and play in the 3 whose job it will be get up quickly to support and run off Ulloa. We need to get more cheap goals, corners, set-pieces, fast breaks, prem defences will be much harder to break down and I think Ulloa could be key to that.

The only reason to sign Deeney would be if Ulloa gets injured, but hopefully we will be able to mould Wood into that sort of player as cover, so I can't see us going for Deeney, he was most like an alternative if we didn't get Ulloa.

What are the comments about him being a thug based on?

For me the strength of defences in the PL suggest players of the type of Vardy these days struggle to be a success in the top division. Unless you're world class of course (Owen springs to mind for me).

You just don't often see goals in the PL scored from a simple through ball anymore, allowing players like Vardy to run off the shoulder in behind. Of course a top quality pass from midfield may allow for this.

Physicality up front is key in my view, Hull got this bang on with Jelavic partnering Long up front supported by Boyd last season.

Vardy is a super player to have in the squad but I don't think we need to sign a back up to Vardy in terms of that type of player, Nugent is worthy of that.

I would rather we signed another 'physical presence' up top to back up Ulloa. With Mahrez/Knocky/Albrighton on the flanks then crosses into the box to the big man will be a part of our game plan. Holtby on loan would be an excellent acquisition as I believe he could play in the hole behind Ulloa for the tough away games when we start one up front.

If we landed Deeney or a similar player then I would bet Chris Wood will be sold.

I'm sure we'll find out more in the friendlies.

Judging by his comments (and how much he wanted Leonardo), Pearson clearly has an idea of how he wants to play Ulloa and with whom - now it's a case of seeing whether it works or not.

Hello Leicester City fans, 

I can't post a new topic but I'm going to write in here instead if that's ok?! We have a website and we are looking for Leicester City fans to blog for us occasionally as we have a sporting / blogging website. If it is ok with the administrators, I was wondering if I could take an email for anyone that is interested?! Alternatively, I could send you our email address. 

Thank you

I personally think Wood is out of favours with Pearson, so can see him definitely going, on loan or perm.

That doesn't leave enough strikers at all, we for sure need another.

I can't stand the thought of Deeney and was so shocked to hear we were going for him, as I initially thought he's the exact type of character we wouldn't want in the dressing room. However, I have a funny feeling Pearson has a penchant for reformed bad boys, I reckon Pearson was a scrapper in his time too, I think he can see the good in people and so long as they are showing the right attitude now, I think he's the kind of person to give these "reformed" characters a run of things

Hello Leicester City fans, 

I can't post a new topic but I'm going to write in here instead if that's ok?! We have a website and we are looking for Leicester City fans to blog for us occasionally as we have a sporting / blogging website. If it is ok with the administrators, I was wondering if I could take an email for anyone that is interested?! Alternatively, I could send you our email address. 

Thank you

Just ask the administrators rather than interrupting a thread :thumbup:

...........................KS...............................

...........Moore.....Wes......Upson.............

De Laet...................................Schlupp

.......................Drinky............................

..........Albrighton............Mahrez.........

.......................................................................................Knocky/King/Vardy................ could be inserted here to bolster midfield if playing lone striker.

Vardy/Deeney................Ulloa/Nuge....

...........................KS...............................

...........Moore.....Wes......Upson.............

De Laet...................................Schlupp

.......................Drinky............................

..........Albrighton............Mahrez.........

.......................................................................................Knocky/King/Vardy................ could be inserted here to bolster midfield if playing lone striker.

Vardy/Deeney................Ulloa/Nuge....

Where's James? That midfield would get run ragged in every match this season! 

Name: Troy Deeney

Last 4 seasons: Played 177. Scored 60. Goals per game - 0.3389

How much Watford want: 7-10 million

Name: (blank)

Last 4 seasons: Played 160. Scored 54. Goals per game - 0.3375

How much would he cost us: Nothing.

Both these players were in the Championship last season. Both have averaged about 1 goal every 3 games over the last 4 years.

Any ideas who the second guy is? His name gets so easily dismissed by most of us.

Where's James? That midfield would get run ragged in every match this season! 

I know, but but that'd make 12 and there's nobody else I want to leave out.

Being new to the division surely we could play 12 men for the first few games at least?

I know, but but that'd make 12 and there's nobody else I want to leave out.

Being new to the division surely we could play 12 men for the first few games at least?

Haa! 

Yeah i think we should be allowed to be honest! Only Fair 

Both these players were in the Championship last season. Both have averaged about 1 goal every 3 games over the last 4 years.

Any ideas who the second guy is? His name gets so easily dismissed by most of us.

The suspense is killing me 

Chris Wood. I know I keep going on about it but spending 7+ million on Deeney is utterly pointless.

Pretty obvious we want to bring in another striker, and then offload Wood.

Who that striker may be haven't a clue but it could be someone with attributes of both pace and power something we are lacking upfront.

I think Nige will be looking at a 4231 formation, with Ulloa at the top, and the 3 made up from Knocky, Vardy, Mahrez, Nugent and Albrighton, these 3 will do the closing down off the ball and provide the ammo for Ulloa, and get forward quickly to support him. If he is as good at holding the ball up and playing in others as we hope then I can see that be a tactic, especially away from home.

Keep Ulloa up field and look to get the ball to him quickly, not aimlessly hoof, but look to him as an outlet to relieve pressure, hold the ball up and play in the 3 whose job it will be get up quickly to support and run off Ulloa. We need to get more cheap goals, corners, set-pieces, fast breaks, prem defences will be much harder to break down and I think Ulloa could be key to that.

The only reason to sign Deeney would be if Ulloa gets injured, but hopefully we will be able to mould Wood into that sort of player as cover, so I can't see us going for Deeney, he was most like an alternative if we didn't get Ulloa.

What are the comments about him being a thug based on?

he did 10 months bird for an affray which left four students injured. See http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/9780737.Deeney_sentenced_to_ten_months_in_prison/

Archived