Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox123

Soccer AM

Didn't they introduce that godawful Easy! Easy! with the associated twattish clapping hands above the head into football grounds in this country?

They did a wrestling skit in which the wrestlers mimicked 80's wrestling in this country.... not sure they take the blame for people choosing to use it in grounds. :D

They did a wrestling skit in which the wrestlers mimicked 80's wrestling in this country.... not sure they take the blame for people choosing to use it in grounds. :D

Ah yes, that was it, I thought it was football based. I'll blame them anyway ;)

Guest ttfn

Every time somebody mentions Soccer AM it's the same old lines:

"Can't believe it's still going"

"It stopped being funny when Tim Lovejoy left"

I don't see why people can't just take it for what it is - it's something different that Sky do that's a bit light-hearted - they show all the goals, have inane chat with nobodies and the odd decent player from the early 90s and the odd feature.

A lot of it is absolute crap, but if you wake up on a Saturday morning feeling worse for wear with a few minutes to kill you can do worse than watch something light-hearted which takes absolutely no effort and has the week's goals thrown in.

Regarding the comment about the jokes being pathetic and desperate - that is literally the point of the jokes - they're bad jokes told badly to get a cheap giggle. It may not exactly be QI but it's harmless fun.

Watching two hours start-to-finish would certainly be a challenge though.

I went on with a load of my mates a few years ago. We were absolutely steaming and were swigging neat vodka with Jack Whitehall before we went on, they were a little nervous of the whole gig to be honest. Then they dropped us off in Bermondsey in full kit as we were away at Millwall, that was horrible.

I went on with a load of my mates a few years ago. We were absolutely steaming and were swigging neat vodka with Jack Whitehall before we went on, they were a little nervous of the whole gig to be honest. Then they dropped us off in Bermondsey in full kit as we were away at Millwall, that was horrible.

I think I may well remember this episode as I went to Millwall on the day, were you part of the "I just called to say Yakubu?" bunch? If so, you're owed many pints by many people.

I hate it when people say it went shite when Lovejoy left. Lovejoy is a total dickwad, no self-respecting football fan should give him the time of day. His arrogance is astounding for someone who knows nothing about football. Rushden is a far better presenter and much more relatable.

The star of the show when it was good was Fenners. And the old features like Boston goals were much funnier. I haven't watched it in years - it's too many interviews (especially with bands I don't know/like and other celebrities who end up saying they don't like football, why the hell are they on then?) and not enough jokes.

I hate it when people say it went shite when Lovejoy left. Lovejoy is a total dickwad, no self-respecting football fan should give him the time of day. His arrogance is astounding for someone who knows nothing about football. Rushden is a far better presenter and much more relatable.

The star of the show when it was good was Fenners. And the old features like Boston goals were much funnier. I haven't watched it in years - it's too many interviews (especially with bands I don't know/like and other celebrities who end up saying they don't like football, why the hell are they on then?) and not enough jokes.

Lovejoy was an integral part of the production too though, I think dickwad is a bit harsh on him, I think he has a lot more charisma than Rushden. But yes Fenners was the man. 

If I'm awake and Leicester are at home I'll watch it.

It's not amazing viewing and has had it's better days, but it's certainly nowhere near as bad as people making out like they didn't know it was still running.

I think I may well remember this episode as I went to Millwall on the day, were you part of the "I just called to say Yakubu?" bunch? If so, you're owed many pints by many people.

Hahahaaaa yeah that was me who made that up mate.

I just called to say Yakubu, I just called to say Frank Sinclair. I just called to say Yakubu and I mean it from the bottom of Knockaert.

Archived