Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Will there be any more deals?

I expect he's trying but the way the market is this year negotiations wil be horrible. The money is there should he want to spend, but the right player for the right money is almost impossible given the inflated prices started by Mcormack.

Probably a loan or two now and not much else I'd say.

I think there will be a midfielder and a striker - I wouldn't be especially surprised to see two midfielders signed/loaned to us, say a Nick Powell as competition for King and a defensive/holding playmaking midfielder.

Defensively it'll be interesting - as we get closer to the window closing it'll depend on the form and confidence Nige has in the back line - I could see him going for a last minute defensive utility player who can play left back and left centre half, though I think this might be a mistake as we'll end up with three people who are not quite up to the left-back role. Hopefully we will sign an out and out left back from some foreign land with position, pace, tackling, vision and a first-touch!

EDIT: NOT THAT I AM SUGGESTING WE NEED ONE 

3 in and 1 out. A defender, a defensive midfielder and a striker. Then I think we'll shift Bakayogo either permanently or on loan. That should comfortably give us enough strength in depth to be really competitive next year.

All gone quiet on this front. Do we think Big Nige is ready to stick?

Or will there be another twist?

Personally think we could use another defender. Miquel on a free when he gets released?

At least 2 more probably 3 is my opinion before the close of the window.

i suspect another striker will be coming in before the close of the window and possibly one of two loan signings possibly left back/centre back. I really hope they bring in a left back this window as i feel it was a weakness last season. I think schlupp will be a good left back but needs a bit more time before he's ready to hold down a place at this level. hopefully to the calm before the storm...

Sky Sports said he is planning further additions, I say we need three more. 

But it's been fairly quiet on transfer front for a lot of teams this week, apart from this Southampton debacle. 

Archived