Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbo17J2

Do we actually need a big name player?

I was having an argument with my dad earlier about if we need a big name signing. He said that the players we have now are not good enough to stay up etc. So i hit him with the old "I wonder why you're not the manager, oh yeah, you know nothing". Then i carried on saying about what happened to QPR trying to sign too many big players, i don't think we need a Marquee Signing, but do we?

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_327 using Tapatalk

No... The terms "average" and "star" are very misleading, in some ways. You don't need a team of star's to win stuff. Yes you obviously need ability but other factors - including confidence, morale, hard work - come into practice.

I'd rather not have a "big name player" and leave that circus to another club. We go about things quietly under Nigel, always have done and always will do, but who can argue when he's successful. 

I was having an argument with my dad earlier about if we need a big name signing. He said that the players we have now are not good enough to stay up etc. So i hit him with the old "I wonder why you're not the manager, oh yeah, you know nothing". Then i carried on saying about what happened to QPR trying to sign too many big players, i don't think we need a Marquee Signing, but do we?

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_327 using Tapatalk

Did he smash the shit out of you for being so insolent?.

I think we've been stung one already with the big name route and as a result we are happy with the current approach.

Fans who have done experienced heart ache due to the 'big name' route often have the same opinion..... It's not a garunteed way of being successful.

I work with a few QPR fans and they all seem to dislike Harrys approach. They were all pretty cheesed off with the Rio signing and don't want most of the names they are linked with.

Plus there's

Taylor-Fletcher - 14

Wasilewski - 10

Konchesky - 9

Schmeichel - 10

Drinkwater - 10

Knockaert - 9

So we've got loads.

And people say Pearson can't handle big name players....

Taylor - Fletcher is double barrelled so therefore he's not a big name player.

He, however, remains a huge player.

some weak stuff in here, where is kingfox when we need him

Sorry not played Football Manager for over 10 years. 

Probably looking at Carly Baker's instagram...

Went to take the dog, will have a look at her instagram now though.

good_wank_gif.gif

The only big named player I would have signed is Messi. As he's clearly out of reach I prefer Nigels approach of finding up and coming talent.

I'm old enough to remember the emergence of Best, Dalglish, Keegan etc .Even our own Banks, Shilton,Clark. Someone took a chance on them at some point.

All we need is Nigel to find us the next big star. It's much more exciting doing it our way. 

The only big named player I would have signed is Messi. As he's clearly out of reach I prefer Nigels approach of finding up and coming talent.

I'm old enough to remember the emergence of Best, Dalglish, Keegan etc .Even our own Banks, Shilton,Clark. Someone took a chance on them at some point.

All we need is Nigel to find us the next big star. It's much more exciting doing it our way.What

Not that clever then Mr Clever Fox

I couldn't imagine Nigel wanting to bring in a "big name signing", we had a lot of big ego players during the Sven era and looked want happened there. Ideally we should be looking at what Southampton have done before they sold there top players, they didn't need any big name signings to keep them in the premier league.

Not that clever then Mr Clever Fox

So you think the Mercenary approach of the likes of Man City where the players have no affinity with the Club or Fans is the way to go.

Remember we tried that with both Taylor and Sven didn't work for us then, did it. There's more pleasure and achievement in developing

and finding you're own stars.

Look what Lineker and Hesky has done for the Club because they had a real affinity with the Club and more importantly the Fans.

Do you think the like of Ya Ya Toure or Negrado would do the same forMan City if needed. I don't think so maybe Hart might but that's all. 

When Nigel is managing England as I think he's destined to. Once again it'll be great to say he was our manager and Moore plays for us.

Like we did in the Banks, Shilton ,Clark Nish, Lineker Hesky Days.

Sure we didn't win every game but it's the fervent hope and anticipation that made them great times for those of us who remember.

Archived