Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

City player ratings v Walsall ?

hamer 6

konchesky 7

morgan 9

pearson 6

hammond 7

king 7

albrighton 8

mahrez 8

nugent 9

wood 7

de laet 8

drinkwater 9

james 8

schlupp 7

moore 8

GTF 8

ulloa 7

knockaert 7

wasilewski 8

vardy 9

all in my opinion, vardy was very lively when came on, ulloa didnt impress me but i believe he will in a couple more games :)

Hamer - 5

Made quite a few big errors and was arguably at fault for their 1st goal.

Pearson - 4

Very poor. Very frequently found out of position, pulled out of a few challenges/headers and literally no positives. Might be harsh but I'm going to say now I can't see him making the first team.

Konch - 7

Solid. Good distribution and looked fit.

Morgan - 9

Didn't do much wrong at all and weighed in with a goal. Couldn't really tell how much support he gave youngsters Hopper and Pearson (my only attempt at a negative).

Hopper - 7

He looked solid and comfortable on the ball. 

Hammond - 7

Should play a similar role to last season, only coming on when we need the game seeing out. Effective at this but doesn't offer too much else.

King 7

King looked sharp when on the ball but he didn't get it enough.

Albrighton - 7

He can beat a player and looks quite tricky. Expected a little more from his crosses which on the whole weren't great. Definitely looks useful though and seems to work hard.

Mahrez - 7.5

Can beat a player everytime just by dropping his shoulder. Think he'll be a real threat in the prem once he gets his sharpness.

Nugent - 9

Probably my MOTM. Looks in very good shape, involved in most our dangerous attacks, beautiful finish for his goal and didn't stop running. He's hungry!

Wood - 6

He should be so much more effective than he is. Nothing seems to drop for him and doesn't seem to get particularly good service which isn't his fault, though he still isn't mobile enough for me. 

De Laet - 7

Did fine. Few good runs forward and fairly solid defensively.

Drinkwater - 9

We instantly looked more dangerous when he came on and our play was more fluid and forward thinking. Cracking finish for the winner. 

James - 8

He's either put on weight or he's been asked to beef up for the prem? Still, looked effective and did little wrong. As with Drinky, we looked miles better with those two in midfield.

Schlupp - 7

Didn't have much to do defensively but looked good going forward.

Moore - 7

Made some very good last ditch challenges.

GTF - 8

He was everywhere when he came on! Some nice touches and forward passes. Still looks amusingly overwieght but he's effective. He won't play much but I'm more than happy him coming on. Very composed. 

Ulloa - 5

Barely saw him touch it and gave it away twice. Looking forward to seeing him play 90mins though and seeing what he can actually do.

Knocky - 6

Bit of a headless chicken at times but we all know what he's good at. Showed glimpses of it.

Wasilewski - 6

Gave it away a few times from the back needlessely. Can't be doing that in the prem. Again we know his strengths and weaknesses. 

Vardy - 7.5

Was played out wide which although he looked quick, sharp and was a real nuisance, he won't be as dangerous out there. Will be a shame to see him put out there if that's where he's going to play.

Archived