Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DangerFox

Are we strong enough?

I was wrong last year when I said Pearson should be given the sack after the Watford play off fiasco, I don't mind admitting, however......

do we need anymore signings?

I trust Nigel after getting it wrong last time and so I'm happy that he might feel we have strong enough side but I think we still need a couple of signings?

A left back and centre back to say the least but another centre midfielder possibly too.

Just my opinion and I know others might have theories, so please air them with me.

We will 100 per cent sign at least one more player.

However at the moment I would like to see one more defender and one more centre mid come in.

So much will depend on how players make the step up, and we won't know the answer to that until the season actually starts.

The general consensus is that we need both a left back and a centre mid, I would agree. We are very weak in the centre of the park and feel we may get bullied off the ball and get beat in the air.

A tall, strong, ball winner in the middle is a must for me but I suppose every team would want one of those, right?

I don't think we will be after another left-back. He is happy with Konch/Schlupp.

Definitely after a striker and probably a midfielder/winger.

Strange that he'd be happy with our weakest area yet still be strengthening our strongest

Yep, I think the general consensus is correct, left back is our weakest position and we need somebody. Brighton are looking like they might take Konchesky off our hands which could pace the wave for someone new.

I do think we need a sit and hold centre midfielder, would have loved a Gareth Barry type player.

And I still think centre back, we need some strength and quality. I worry after the amount of set pieces we suffered with last year.

As for striker, I think we can survive with what we have and if they struggle, then we can dip into the January window.

I don't think we are. As much as I would love to place 100% trust into Nige, I am worried that come 31st August we might be forced to make some rash, big money signings.

WE NEED THAT MARQUEE SIGNING! Ulloa, great, but he's not going to play them off the park.

I fear the GTF is going to be our star player.

Left back, centre back and centre mid for me.

Left back is urgent, I prefer Schlupp as a winger and Konch can be good but against people like Sterling or Walcott, he'll get absolutely rinsed. We need someone else.

My thoughts exactly!

Archived