Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Doctor

Lampard Joins Man City On Loan Til January

More to the point, why not sign for Man City then go on loan to New York?

Man City own New York City. Obviously just playing for man city till January to keep up his fitness & to be honest he won't be bad to have in the team.

Then when he goes over to America he'll be fit and ready for the MLS season to start.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28616101

Joining man city on loan until January because his mls team don't start the season until next March.

Why, if he thinks he can still hack it in the Prem, has he moved to the us?

Manchester or New York? Come on.

He's acheived (nigh on) everything there is to acheive on the domestic and European stages, I don't hink anybody should begrudge him a move to the MLS which is hardly a terrible level to play at in any case.

Man City own New York City. Obviously just playing for man city till January to keep up his fitness & to be honest he won't be bad to have in the team.

Then when he goes over to America he'll be fit and ready for the MLS season to start.

Yeah but he could have also gone to Melbourne City (formerly Melbourne Heart) in the A League, another club that Man City.

That's what they did with David Villa, he signed for New York City but got loaned out to Melbourne City.

Although I believe their season doesn't start till October?

I know where i'd go out of New York, Melbourne and Manchester.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28616101

Joining man city on loan until January because his mls team don't start the season until next March.

Why, if he thinks he can still hack it in the Prem, has he moved to the us?

'I can't imagine playing for anyone else after being 12 years at Chelsea. I've got a lot of respect for a lot of other Premier League clubs, particularly the top ones, but I'm not sure I could of done that' - Frank Lampard 2013

$$$

Yeah but he could have also gone to Melbourne City (formerly Melbourne Heart) in the A League, another club that Man City.

That's what they did with David Villa, he signed for New York City but got loaned out to Melbourne City.

Not a great choice, and why is it about the city?  Surely you would want to see your career out at the highest level possible.

Not a great choice, and why is it about the city?  Surely you would want to see your career out at the highest level possible.

Personally in his position i'd just be milking the end of my career, milking the money, living a great life, and seeing abit of the world, something different to where you've been all your life/career.

Something as a fan I hate but put in that situation I think it's fair to say if it's their on a plate you'd take it.

He's been given the exit from England and he's returned, it doesn't really matter anyway because I haven't seen Melbourne City linked with him, but if I were him i'd have tried to engineer a move there.

Seeing your career out at the highest level possible? Right so that's why he went to the MLS then :unsure:

Personally in his position i'd just be milking the end of my career, milking the money, living a great life, and seeing abit of the world, something different to where you've been all your life/career.

Something as a fan I hate but put in that situation I think it's fair to say if it's their on a plate you'd take it.

He's been given the exit from England and he's returned, it doesn't really matter anyway because I haven't seen Melbourne City linked with him, but if I were him i'd have tried to engineer a move there.

Seeing your career out at the highest level possible? Right so that's why he went to the MLS then :unsure:

That's my point, why go to the MLS?  or the A League.  It's a Cop out no more.

That's my point, why go to the MLS? or the A League. It's a Cop out no more.

**** off Ronnie. I hate Lamps and I agree with a lot of your posts but you're being daft now.

He's got sod all to prove and has the opportunity to go and live and work in another country, experience something a bit different and see some of the world.

New York is one of the world's leading cities. He's obviously going for his life over his career and what's wrong with that? I personally care way more about my life than my career, don't you?

Can't knock him for signing for an MLS side, I think Gerrard will do it after two more seasons as well, he was hinting at it the other day when asked about Lampard. 

Strange decision I think signing for City for a few months. 

**** off Ronnie. I hate Lamps and I agree with a lot of your posts but you're being daft now.

He's got sod all to prove and has the opportunity to go and live and work in another country, experience something a bit different and see some of the world.

New York is one of the world's leading cities. He's obviously going for his life over his career and what's wrong with that? I personally care way more about my life than my career, don't you?

lol   I simply meant from a footballing point of view, I have no doubt he could have gone to another top club in europe and finished near the top, once retired you can experience what you want when you want.  He could move to a different city every year if he wanted to with all the dosh he has.

Ron might be the oldest hipster on the planet.

I'm not old at all thanks very much....or a hipster. :D

the loan to man city is the crazy decision, not the move to the mls. 

"soccer" is on the rise, you get to live in new york (which is apparently amazing, never been but take everyone's word for it), get as much money as you can, get to face a new challenge, be the star of the club etc etc, i can't work out why anyone who'd achieved everything possible in europe wouldn't want to see out their last 2 or 3 years in the mls. 

the move to man city on loan is just strange. he's a chelsea legend, he's won everything in the premier league, he won't gain anything from a short term loan at man city except maybe a few sub appearances and better training facilities. i'd rather just have a longer break. 

the loan to man city is the crazy decision, not the move to the mls. 

"soccer" is on the rise, you get to live in new york (which is apparently amazing, never been but take everyone's word for it), get as much money as you can, get to face a new challenge, be the star of the club etc etc, i can't work out why anyone who'd achieved everything possible in europe wouldn't want to see out their last 2 or 3 years in the mls. 

the move to man city on loan is just strange. he's a chelsea legend, he's won everything in the premier league, he won't gain anything from a short term loan at man city except maybe a few sub appearances and better training facilities. i'd rather just have a longer break. 

It's simply because Man city own the new york club, this means they can say he was a man city player it's all marketing, sad but true.

$$$

Top work detective. I don't get why people have a problem with footballers moving for money. Do you get jealous of people getting earning as much as they can in other walks of life?

:thumbup:

Top work detective. I don't get why people have a problem with footballers moving for money. Do you get jealous of people getting earning as much as they can in other walks of life?

Not jealous at all, dunno what you're picking up on that insinuates that, why is Frank joining the MLS? For the money, obviously, just stating a fact.

Archived