Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfclee

Ulloa

He hasn't done anything so far to prove that he is a starter put it that way, but he might not be 100% fit plus getting used to our style of play etc! I'm not going to judge him until the end of the season

I'm not going to judge him until the end of preseason...

I was dubious about signing him, and nothing in the friendlies he has played in has put those worries to rest but i'm not gonna slag him off, I'll wait till a few games in till I make a judgement.

This is the thing though - negative posters, positive posters - Friendlies do not matter, Ulloa hasn't done anything to ease my worries, however even if he'd played out his skin in the friendlies i'd be more positive about him but I still wouldn't be waxing lyrical about him, either way I wait till competative matches are here and we can give proper judgement.

There is no middle ground on here sometimes, either you're super-critical or delusionally positive.

On another note, Nuge has been on fire in pre-season and the arrival of Ulloa may be a factor in his form which can only be a good thing.for the team 

I would be more concerned about Ulloa not starting well, if our none of the other forwards weren't showing much.

I think we will still bring in another forward before the end of the transfer window.

I do hope Ulloa scores sooner rather than later to get that monkey off his back.

I watched him closely yesterday looking for positives. He struggled to get involved but was decent at times with his back to goal and is clever with movement inside the box but the ball rarely came to him. Only one occasion when the shot was blocked.

Both Nuge and wood missed good heading opportunities towards the end, would have been nice to see ulloa on the end of them.

Hope to see him get a full 90 on Monday or Tuesday.

On another note, Nuge has been on fire in pre-season and the arrival of Ulloa may be a factor in his form which can only be a good thing.for the team

I would be more concerned about Ulloa not starting well, if our none of the other forwards weren't showing much.

I think we will still bring in another forward before the end of the transfer window.

I do hope Ulloa scores sooner rather than later to get that monkey off his back.

Good post, it's great to see nugent playing well, he says he has something to prove in the prem, and that can only be good for us.

I think people have been over critical of people showing concerns of ulloa's early showings, but your right, he's not played with the complete starting 11, fitness might be an issue at present, and I hope he does get that monkey off his back, and scores the goals we need.

To be fair since his arrival GTF has looked really good, and people seem to overlook his performances.

I just wonder if we had signed Ulloa and he had come straight from River Plate whether people would have been creaming over the signing of an £8 million striker from the Argentine. People were wanting Vietto based on a few Youtube videos. At least we know Ulloa has had relative success in English football. Give the bloke a chance - he certainly is a decent header of the ball, which we have seriously lacked over the last few seasons.

I just wonder if we had signed Ulloa and he had come straight from River Plate whether people would have been creaming over the signing of an £8 million striker from the Argentine. People were wanting Vietto based on a few Youtube videos. At least we know Ulloa has had relative success in English football. Give the bloke a chance - he certainly is a decent header of the ball, which we have seriously lacked over the last few seasons.

Yes, people would have. But because we signed him from little Brighton we have to put up with all these "unproven" comments, despite him actually playing in Liga BBVA. In which, he scored against Real Madrid so he must be good, eh Lloyd Dyer fans?

Leicester fans will hate him because he's not a headless chicken.

This. Hate the whole 'he'll run his socks off' comments which some people see as some sort of gauge for how useful a player is. Its not just us, happens everywhere in English football and its cringe as ****.

Mo Farah runs his socks off, doesnt mean he'd be a decent player!

He arrived without shinpads and went down sports soccer to buy a cheap pair. Got the feeling he is laid back and probably won't be affected by criticism like some might be.

I just hope the pressure doesn't build like it did on akinbadbi. The national media roasted him for months and he literally exploded out of shirt when he finally ended his goal drought.

Playing in the prem really puts you under the microscope, especially with a large transfer fee.

Archived