Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfclee

Ulloa

People have to stop fixating on the price tag, we could have got Frazier Campbell for a 10th of the price, that doesn't make him a 10th of the player, it was just the contract he had allowed him to go.

Same with Remy at the same price, transfer fees are fvcked up at the moment, what is clear is exactly what Nige sees in him, an aerial and physical presence in both boxes, a good work rate and attitude and not too shabby with his feet. He wanted him because he has qualities that our other strikers lack, and we need someone like that.

We broke the bank to get him, not because he was worth that money, and not even because Nige thinks he is worth that money, but because it was the only way to get our target, we could have got someone else cheaper, they may even have been better, but this was Nigel's priority target.

It is a fraction of the £63m guaranteed we will get this season, so really it isn't that important, and the good business we did on a free before we signed him also made it possible as we strengthened our squad on the cheap thus freeing up the rest of our budget to pursue other targets.

As for his return, I don't care how many goals he scores as long as we stay up and his team play and work ethic will contribute to that as much as his goals.

Ah OK so in your dream team you'd play Cantona in the No. 10 role and Adam Le Fondre as your 'out-and-out' striker.

Wow that's a partnership you can only dream about...... "Cantona... brilliant.... gives it to Le Fondre.... WHAT A GOOOOAL"

Who have you got in your Dreamteam midfield? Cattermole and Geoff Thomas?

Well your looking dead clever at the minute. 

* you're

Yeah lol, getting back to football (so you can leave now)

I'm not fixated on his price tag as such Cap it's just that we need goals from somewhere and I can't see them coming from all over the pitch  quite as much in this division, our midfielders aren't going to have as many opportunities and our defenders are never good for more than a goal or two each a season anyway thus far. The the fact all three goals have come strikers so far backs this theory up. I worry about Nugent's ability to get even 8 at this level. Wood's not going to feature often enough to score the goals we need and whether Vardy is going to be able to find the net consistently at this level remains to be seen. We do carry a goal threat from the wing but we're going to need him to score goals or we're going to be in trouble and given we've paid a lot for him I don't see that as unreasonable. 

I'm not fixated on his price tag as such Cap it's just that we need goals from somewhere and I can't see them coming from all over the pitch  quite as much in this division, our midfielders aren't going to have as many opportunities and our defenders are never good for more than a goal or two each a season anyway thus far. The the fact all three goals have come strikers so far backs this theory up. I worry about Nugent's ability to get even 8 at this level. Wood's not going to feature often enough to score the goals we need and whether Vardy is going to be able to find the net consistently at this level remains to be seen. We do carry a goal threat from the wing but we're going to need him to score goals or we're going to be in trouble and given we've paid a lot for him I don't see that as unreasonable. 

It's not unreasonable to expect our strikers to score us goals, but I expect Vardy and Nuge to contribute as much as Ulloa, just because he cost £8m doesn't mean he should outscore them.

He is also someone who thrives on good service, his goal scoring return will depend more on the service he gets, so I won't consider him a failure if he doesn't score in a game where he gets no service.

as for goals from all over the pitch, I think it is too early to tell, once we have our best midfield out and we aren't playing a top 5 team we might see a bit more end product and adventure from our midfield.

Ulloa has proven he is our target man already now we  have to work out how to feed him better (like Schlupp did yesterday) on a regular basis

we need to get wide and cross to him running in from the far post (he says this himself on lcfc.com)

so maybe we need to give our wingers some feedback - GET WIDE !

Albrighton was good at this at Villa, Mahrez could play wider and get crosses in

work on this boys !

Anyone see him directing the defence from set plays when the ball came back out? He was a genuine leader today at the back! And obviously one good finish one poor one (made the chance well), held the ball up very well and competed aerially. Top performance. 

Yeah I noticed, cleared no end of corners and crosses as well.

You know if you have absolutely nothing constructive to say can you just for once , get a life move away from your key board and say nothing ? :rolleyes:  

Well pardon me for agreeing with someone and adding to the point that he also cleared lots of corners.

I shall in future check with you just so I know what I can or can't post.

I'm not fixated on his price tag as such Cap it's just that we need goals from somewhere and I can't see them coming from all over the pitch quite as much in this division, our midfielders aren't going to have as many opportunities and our defenders are never good for more than a goal or two each a season anyway thus far. The the fact all three goals have come strikers so far backs this theory up. I worry about Nugent's ability to get even 8 at this level. Wood's not going to feature often enough to score the goals we need and whether Vardy is going to be able to find the net consistently at this level remains to be seen. We do carry a goal threat from the wing but we're going to need him to score goals or we're going to be in trouble and given we've paid a lot for him I don't see that as unreasonable.

Without getting involved to much, as I get accused of not liking players, I understand your concerns, and the points your making,we have what we have now and hope the produce the goods, my points on ulloa have been cut down on here, I stick by what I said, but his performance Saturday was encouraging.

As for the rest, I agree can't see nugent scoring enough, and we are yet to see how vardy gets on, I hope he creates the chances I think he will.

I have only seen the games on TV but so far I think he has been excellent.

For a hour against Chelsea I thought he was close to being our best player, he has an all round game that makes him easily our most 'complete' striker. 

Just 3 Premier league games against tough opposition, 2 goals and involved in pretty much everything, good defending, fantastic attitude and workrate and, as he adapts to this level, the possibility of getting even better.

Archived