Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfclee

Ulloa

This. Hate the whole 'he'll run his socks off' comments which some people see as some sort of gauge for how useful a player is. Its not just us, happens everywhere in English football and its cringe as ****.

Mo Farah runs his socks off, doesnt mean he'd be a decent player!

Depends on how what they do fits into the team.

Vardy, for example, is a vital player for us because he runs his socks off. His harrying from centre forward set the tone for the rest of the team last year, obviously notwithstanding the fact that he his finishing and movement seemed hugely improved. Vardy could have scored 2 goals last year and still been a hugely important player for us.

Not working hard shouldn't automatically be used as a stick to beat somebody with but having a great work rate as your main attribute doesn't make you a poor player either. There were times last year when Vardy would trap it further than I could kick it but he'd be straight after the ball again, looking to put the opposition under pressure if he's given them the ball.

It's a high-risk game being a "lazy" player because even when the likes of Vardy are playing poorly from a technical perspective they bring a lot to the team in energy, enthusiasm and work rate, freeing up space for others. If you're a class act who doesn't facking ran abaaat a bit and you're having a poor game that will be massively detrimental to your team.

I was dubious about signing him, and nothing in the friendlies he has played in has put those worries to rest but i'm not gonna slag him off, I'll wait till a few games in till I make a judgement.

This is the thing though - negative posters, positive posters - Friendlies do not matter, Ulloa hasn't done anything to ease my worries, however even if he'd played out his skin in the friendlies i'd be more positive about him but I still wouldn't be waxing lyrical about him, either way I wait till competative matches are here and we can give proper judgement.

There is no middle ground on here sometimes, either you're super-critical or delusionally positive.

I swear in every post you make you repeat yourself like three times

He arrived without shinpads and went down sports soccer to buy a cheap pair. Got the feeling he is laid back and probably won't be affected by criticism like some might be.

I just hope the pressure doesn't build like it did on akinbadbi. The national media roasted him for months and he literally exploded out of shirt when he finally ended his goal drought.

Playing in the prem really puts you under the microscope, especially with a large transfer fee.

:wes:

He's struggled so far and hasn't even come close to scoring, but I really do hope people don't get on his back before we've even kicked off.

The fee is always going to go against him if he doesn't succeed. I'd love him to bag the winner against Everton because he looks a little lost so far.

We signed Ulloa  2 weeks ago .He has flown to Thailand and back,been acquainting himself with team mates and the way they play,and vice versa.

It might be wise to wait a few weeks before jumping to conclusions.

We signed Ulloa  2 weeks ago .He has flown to Thailand and back,been acquainting himself with team mates and the way they play,and vice versa.

It might be wise to wait a few weeks months before jumping to conclusions.

Agreed.

Give the lad a chance to settle in before rushing to judgement. He definitely needs to get his fitness up but I'm sure the medics are working on that.

I've seen players before who won't break a sweat in friendly's but are a different animal in a competitive match. South Americans are a bit like that.

We should know by around November if he's the player Nigel thought he bought, or else a lemon. 

For now though my monies on Nigel and Ulloa to deliver.

I've been out of the country for 3 weeks how has he looked I know he hasn't scored but has anybody noticed how he's linking up with the rest of the side

where did you go did you have a nice time three weeks is a nice long break away youre right he hasn't scored some people seem worried but we overpaid in the first instance we'll have to wait and see when the season starts if hes any good this no full stop game is most enjoyable im having a blast here

where did you go did you have a nice time three weeks is a nice long break away youre right he hasn't scored some people seem worried but we overpaid in the first instance we'll have to wait and see when the season starts if hes any good this no full stop game is most enjoyable im having a blast here

you're not kidding!!

He'll be banging them in once he has weaned his wife onto the shit morrisons 3 for 2 tapas deal. It takes time. If there's one thing Leicester fans are great at it's being patient with new players. I mean none of us started spitting on Akinbiyi till the 1-4 defeat against Liverpool. Second to none

Agree give the lad time! This is why it worries me that we have had such a poor transfer window because any new faces will take time to settle and adapt to our style. I think the fault lies not with NP but with Robinson. If it is true that the club have a strict wage cap then i think we will struggle to bring in the players we want and in the long run it could cost a great deal more

Archived