Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Micky

Atmosphere

SK1 was excellent. I'd really like to than Union FS for what they've done, outstanding difference to what is was before and they've only been going a few games.

There were a few periods (e.g. first 15) where it was non-stop singing at a good volume too.

Yes was in there with my son ( s.t.h ) Glad i made the move to sk1 great atmosphere . Well done to all concerned. :thumbup:

Think the atmosphere is good. Pockets of fans at the back all around the stadium are getting involved. Compared to 2 years ago I'd say it's 2x better.

Of course you can rarely hear the opposite stand because of the acoustics and at the end of the day they are only pockets. But for those sitting in and around the pockets and L1/SK1 it will sound good.

We ****ing seriously need to drop 'the poznan' and WLY though by the time Palace and Man City visit as they will embarrass us again.

Be original. Oh and slow down the Chris Wood song. I'm ****ing sure nobody actually knows the middle part of that song as everyone quickly mumbles through it.

I think a lot of clubs have suffered atmosphere issues with the ever changing demographic of people now attending football matches. That said, I thought we were great yesterday.

Loud from the start and lots of encouragement to the players for trying things, even if it didn't quite come off. Great reaction after conceding too. It seemed to pick the lads back up and we hit straight back. Was great too see.

For a short while after Drinkwater went off we did seem to be silenced. He is such a key player for us I think everyone expected the worst when he'd gone. Ultimately we responded in the second half though and the goal celebrations were excellent.

If that's what home games are going to be like this season and then I'll be very happy.

There was a delay in kicking off after their second goal where we were silent and it seemed to go on forever, just the sound of the away fans.

Atmosphere was very good I thought, hope it continues.

Think the atmosphere is good. Pockets of fans at the back all around the stadium are getting involved. Compared to 2 years ago I'd say it's 2x better.

Of course you can rarely hear the opposite stand because of the acoustics and at the end of the day they are only pockets. But for those sitting in and around the pockets and L1/SK1 it will sound good.

We ****ing seriously need to drop 'the poznan' and WLY though by the time Palace and Man City visit as they will embarrass us again.

Be original. Oh and slow down the Chris Wood song. I'm ****ing sure nobody actually knows the middle part of that song as everyone quickly mumbles through it.

He wears the number 39

Upfront with nuge and he'll be fine

why do people care so much what other fans think?

Status is important. People pretend it isn't, but how we are viewed by the footballing world is very important.

Reputations can stick with you forever and can make you ashamed, look at Millwall.

I do not want us to be viewed as those fans that 'do the poznan' and who are a small time bunch of tools.

If we want to be a great fanbase and be known as one we need to cut stuff like this out.

Just abit of a shock after spending 5 years living in Glasgow and being a active member of the Union Bears movement and helping organise some of the best displays to be seen in the UK. To move back down here and have to sit through such terrible songs and lack of creativity. I got the understanding the Union FS wanted to get noticed and took influences from a lot of Ultra groups, obviously not. You lads are missing the point when I said I wasn't singing it was because there was nothing to sing. Same drivel for 90 minutes. I'll be moving to as near to L1 as possible for the next match,

Complaining that SK1 was full of kids, then saying you're moving to L1 lol

Must be a troll

Hideous. Ultras? More like a Youth Club. Moving my ticket first thing Monday morning.

Why do we have a few Rangers ****** at city ? I don't get the connection at all. I'd never go to a Rangers game because wtf have they got to do with Leicester ? I saw some Leicester fans went to the Rangers Derby game the other week. Is this anothrr new alliance ? Do we get more pin badges ?

Guest LCFC_World

It's such a shame that the Union FS put in so much effort and they're getting criticised. As a group, they have not been around too long and possibly need more time.

Of course, it has not reached its full potential, but it's the potential that counts. It was great to see the majority of the fans joining in on songs, and Oli, if you joined in with the chants it only would have made it a better atmosphere! ;)

I honestly hope that you stay in SK1 to see how it progresses, but it's your choice at the end of the day and your opinions, and we should all respect that.

Why do we have a few Rangers ****** at city ? I don't get the connection at all. I'd never go to a Rangers game because wtf have they got to do with Leicester ? I saw some Leicester fans went to the Rangers Derby game the other week. Is this anothrr new alliance ? Do we get more pin badges ?

Agreed.

Don't understand this 'following more than one team' rubbish.

Don't get me wrong, I love football and so therefore enjoy watching any and all games, but I support Leicester.

Rangers? f##k 'em,

and if you're a Rangers supporter? by all means come and watch City but keep your opinions to your own bigoted forums where you and Celtic fans crack on about historical rubbish that very few of you actually understand.

Looking forward to a good atmosphere against Arsenal.

Tbh I don't even notice it

Me either.

Let's face it the acoustics in the ground are terrible.

The noise from the kop alone will never carry to L1/Away fans.

You are never going to totally transform SK1 into a ultras only section, it just has a mix of pensioners, families etc in there.

Personally I'll join in if it gets gojng and I know it and I don't think it's crap (Mahrez/Knockaert song!!), I'm old school.

What I always thought would be a good idea for a really slow rendition of When you're smiling, towards the end of each game, like Liverpool with YNWA, everyone remains seated until the final Yoooooouuu when everyone stands and does the wavy hands.

One thing that really bugs me is when people label every group like this that starts up as a 'bunch of kids'. In comparison to what? The West Stand? If you want to ignore the fact there's a huge spread of ages involved in SK1 (of which a majority are mid-20s), surely it's a good thing that a bunch of young lads who are going to be the future of our support are actively trying to change things for the better. People seem to forget that football fans have a life cycle where families become more important - do you really think that groups across Europe (that some people are bizarrely making a link with) are solely made up of 30 year old blokes who've been round the block a few times?

Changing people's mentality - particularly those on the fringes of involvement - is definitely Union FS' biggest challenge and it might take years. Fortunately the lads running it are committed to doing so, no matter what it takes.

Clearly constructive comments are welcome but criticising them for being a bunch of kids (which is fvcking bollocks anyway) is utterly lunatic. It's the equivalent of those idiots that find fault with the team's display after a 5-0 win.

If it was a bunch of 40 year olds there'd just be "hooligans that are stuck in the past" type comments, you can't win. There will always be detractors of anything Leicester fans do.

I appreciate that, but people hyping up Sk1 like it's the best thing since sliced bread ain't gonna help, people need to realise it needs work and singing the same songs over and over for 10/15 mins ain't what you need.

thank your lucky charms you have been in scotland for 10 years. cuz if you think yesterday was shit. then you would have slit your wrists over the last decade.

but rather than dragging up the fact you are clearly top boy in glasgow and the ultras term. which no one down here has tried to claim.

why not join the group, attending some meetings and offer some input. rather than run off to l1 to assist banging a drum, dancing around with your back to goal and twirling a scarf around your head. if that's what floats your boat.

for the record that's not a dig at l1. but it seems that we are determined to drive a wedge between all corners of our support by slagging everything we do.

I meant L1 in general, not you personally.

And where were you sat? One thing that immediately stood out was how we continued to sing even after McGeady had scored... (albeit only briefly until Ulloa scored)

Usually agree with you Ashley but not on this. L1 was buzzing today. The roar before the game, when Everton fans actually made a bit of racket, we completely drowned them out and continued to outsing them for the full 90 minutes. The place was buzzing and there absolute scenes when UIloa and Wood both bagged, haven't seen bodies fly like that since Forest 3-0 game.

And where were you sat? One thing that immediately stood out was how we continued to sing even after McGeady had scored... (albeit only briefly until Ulloa scored)

Usually agree with you Ashley but not on this. L1 was buzzing today. The roar before the game, when Everton fans actually made a bit of racket, we completely drowned them out and continued to outsing them for the full 90 minutes. The place was buzzing and there absolute scenes when UIloa and Wood both bagged, haven't seen bodies fly like that since Forest 3-0 game.

I sit in SK2. Between 60th minute - when we scored, you didn't sing at all. Not saying the rest of the ground did, but as you lot post about being loud I didn't hear it during that period in particular.

There were scenes everywhere in the ground when both goals went in.

I sit in SK2. Between 60th minute - when we scored, you didn't sing at all. Not saying the rest of the ground did, but as you lot post about being loud I didn't hear it during that period in particular.

There were scenes everywhere in the ground when both goals went in.

Yes, SK2 so you're opinion on L1 is invalid... just as mine would be on SK1/SK2. You're spouting shit.

Yes, SK2 so you're opinion on L1 is invalid... just as mine would be on SK1/SK2. You're spouting shit.

Firstly, my opinion isn't invalid at all. This is a forum, I can agree and/or disagree with you. So grow up.

Then re-read my post(s). In which I stated about the Kop taking stick. Which is why I was going to ignore your reply, because of your immature response now.

Open your eyes a bit more. You can criticise where you sit, as I do a lot. I'm not saying the Kop is great, it's not, but don't bang on as though L1 were brilliant all game because you weren't.

As long as you wind up the away fans though, I guess everything's good?

At Filbert Street, long before before social media, we didn't give two shits what other fans thought of us. There was a freedom about Saturday afternoons, you could sit/stand where you wanted, and contribute to the atmosphere as much as you wanted.  No-one was judging each other.  Songs were tried out, some worked and others didn't.  No big deal.  The idea of being "embarrassed" to be a Leicester City fan never crossed my mind once.  

Now there seems to be some huge pent-up paranoia amongst some people about how we come across as a fan base.  There's also a lot of pathetic infighting between our own fans, based on what we should and shouldn't do as fans and this is making matchdays a much less pleasant experience than they were in the past.  A few people need to loosen up and lose some of the insecurity.  The atmosphere at the KP would be better for it.

Archived