Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AndWhat?

Leicester City and VfL Bochum - Blue and White Friendship

As a Dortmund fan, any alliance thoughts with Bochum should be thrown straight into the soar or even the Ruhr.with their scarves and banners still connected to their fans.

Well some of them, at the moment they are drowning deep down in the depths anyway, poor Bochum.

Would really be up for this but it would involve a sicky being pulled from work. I work in a school so couldnt book the day off.

Do it mate! There's already 16 of us going!

What is there form like last 3 games? I may be interested in supporting them...

1 point better than our last 3 games! Currently in 8th place 3 points from the play offs. 

They smashed a team 5 nil the same weekend we beat United and have been shit since!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Julian from Bochum here. First of all, I'm glad to see that the Leicester/Bochum friendship seem to get more attention. A few words about me: I'm one of the founding members of the Bochum Foxes fan club. As you can clearly see by looking at my profile pic, our fan club is all about the Blue and White Friendship that started back in 2007 (the Leicester/Anderlecht alliance was founded in 2013, by the way).

We support both LCFC and VfL Bochum for some good reasons. In our opinion, LCFC and VfL are pretty much the same team, just from different countries. We share the same colours and most of all the same attitude. Both clubs are yo-yo teams with nearby rivals, but both LCFC and VfL supporters keep their head up high and never let their club go down the drain. 

A little FAQ:

Is there really an interest in LCFC in Bochum?

- Yes, there is. The interest increased over the years and is going through the roof over here, especially since early 2014. I admit that there weren't that many Bochum supporters coming over to Leicester home or away games, but there are more and more people who take a closer look on the Premier League. VfL Bochum is allied with Bayern München since 1972, but I estimate that at least 30% aren't very happy with that. The growing alliance with LCFC make these supporters proud, even if there are only a small but growing group of VfL supporters in Leicester.

What do you do to support Leicester City FC in Germany?

- As you walk through Bochum (or towns where we had away games), you notice a lot of LCFC and LCFC-VfL stickers (Germans are obsessed with them!). We had LCFC flags hanging in our beloved Ruhrstadion (which nowadays goes by the name of Rewirpowerstadion in another interesting similarity) and we're thinking of LCFC-VfL scarves and a Bochum Foxes flag.

Who are you people anyway? 

- The organised LCFC/VfL supporters are students, mechanics, chemists, salesmen, morticians, landlords, lawyers, (...) aged 20 to 50 united in our love for football and the blue and white colours. Some LCFC supports got to know us the last time we came over to Leicester, one Leicester mate said "they were top lads". And yes, we sure enjoy a good pint and a nice day out with our friends.

Okay, you got my interest. How can I get in contact with you to organise a visit?

- Just hit me up here or on Facebook (www.facebook.com/blueandwhitefriendship or www.facebook.com/julian.kruse). Another possibility is to talk to our friends from Union FS.

We do you no harm. :pearson:

Thank you for your attention,

Julian

• Like 4