Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countesthorpe Fox 1884

Poznan

Poznan  

353 members have voted

1. 1. Should we get rid of the Poznan?

:nigel:  ****in Nora, this has to stop.  If people want to sing, cheer, jump about backwards, do handstands, cartwheels, somersaults, wave scarfs about, clap or even wave their flasks in delight while supporting their team then what in Greek buggery is the problem exactly?  Anybody? 

Obviously not because a lot of people appear to want to do it. When people no longer find it fun they'll stop.

Who are "you" or "we" to "get rid" of it, exactly? Is someone going to ban it?

And why stop? If it's because other fans are taking the piss then definitely not. I personally have never done it, I think it's pointless and I don't think it contributes to the atmosphere.

But it isn't harming anyone and who am I to tell THOUSANDS of people what they should be doing?

Stopping because you don't like being judged by rival fans is infinitely more embarrassing than doing it. Have some self respect.

Totally agree with your points here.

Personally not bothered either way, but I am definitely not bothered what other teams supporters think,

Loads of people on here claim to be refuse to sit down back of L1ers, which happens to be the area that poznans.

Who defines embarrassing, do people really care what opposition fans moan about on twitter?

I thought us doing it came about when Andy King equalised against Man City in the fa cup and we did it to mock them. We were a small championship club punching above our weight against the best team in the country, so what if it's stuck around, it's not half as embarrassing as birch saying how good it is to be back in the "premiership"

The way I see it some people want to do the Poznan, sing 'we love you' and enjoy the drum, some think that anything introduced since all seater stadiums is cringeworthy and only want to sing old school songs. Some people want to go with their kids and not feel intimidated and some just want to watch football. If only there was some sort of way to compartmentalise the stadium and allocate certain areas to certain types of people.

Any thoughts?

When we did it against Man City in the league cup back in December was really embarrassing.

They took the pi55 out of us when they started singing "shall we show you how it's done" and within a matter of seconds they had their joke end doing it.

Again.

Why are we bothered what others think.

F##k 'em

F## k 'em all, F## k 'em all,

United, West Ham and Millwall.

Coz we are the Leicester and we are the best,

We are the Leicester so F##k all the rest.

If your that bothered pretend we're being ironic, mind you that will go straight over their heads.

:nigel: ****in Nora, this has to stop. If people want to sing, cheer, jump about backwards, do handstands, cartwheels, somersaults, wave scarfs about, clap or even wave their flasks in delight while supporting their team then what in Greek buggery is the problem exactly? Anybody?

Best post in this topic. Do what ya want when you've paid your money, who cares as long as you enjoy yourself and contribute to the atmosphere. Away fans will always ridicule, that's football.

This topic is more embarrassing than the Poznan.. Why worry about it? As for jobber and his drum I stand right next to it and it was so loud yesterday with the singing I could hardly hear it. I can't for the life of me understand why we Leicester fans get on at each other about being plastic, doing embarrassing goal celebrations or moaning about a drum.. Don't we all go down the King Power to do the same thing? Support the team we love and as we are all different we enjoy supporting our club in our own way. So I say stop winging an d enjoy watching your club play in the premier league for the first time in 10 years any way you want..  :appl:  :appl:  :lei1:  :nigel:  :vardy:

It's just became part of a forced routine and that's why I don't like it. Whilst we don't support our club to impress other fans it's good to receive compliments about our support and I feel the Poznan makes us look small time.

It looks good en masse, mind.

I think some people are missing the point here.

There are a fair few people for whom the game is ruined because they are cringing at what our fans are doing/thinking/singing and what the other fans might be thinking.

Won't somebody please think about the cringers?!?!

We should stop it ASAP!!

Were a laughing joke at it, this club has no identity anymore with chants or traditions.

Why do we do the Poznan, cause we've played Man City! Surely every team in england should be doing it!

I fully understand why Man City do it and that's their thing to do in games now but we have no reason!

Last season we 'attempting' the Poznan against Man City and made ourselves look like tw@'s only for the Man City fans to basically laugh at us and show us how it's done!

Please stop this now!!

Archived