Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countesthorpe Fox 1884

Poznan

Poznan  

353 members have voted

1. 1. Should we get rid of the Poznan?

lol lol

It's at the wrong number either way in my opinion. There's not enough for it to look that good, but there's too many for it to be completely stopped. I'm not too fussed actually as long as we deliver on the whole - which on Saturday we did in my opinion. One of the best atmospheres I've heard in that ground.

cause they've played Lech Poznan...

I know that lol didn't think I needed to make it obvious lol

I was suggesting that The Poznan comes from Lech Poznan and cause Man City played them I can see why they do it.

Why do we feel the need to do this just because we've played Man City and think they've passed the tradition onto us?

I think we should do this....

Fantastic, seriously this would be brilliant.

not a disco fan myself, was one of those originally into punk back in 1976.

But a few hundred people doing this while doing the tune chanting...

da, da, da, da, da, da, da, da, da, da

Now that WOULD be original and very funny.

Really need a large group ( 20 or so in L1 or in SK1) to start it off so that it can grow.

Need someone in the group to shout "DO THE HUSTLE" to start it off.

I've got the big gob, but I only go with a small group (8 of us) and most importantly, I certainly can't dance.

Obviously not because a lot of people appear to want to do it. When people no longer find it fun they'll stop.

Who are "you" or "we" to "get rid" of it, exactly? Is someone going to ban it?

And why stop? If it's because other fans are taking the piss then definitely not. I personally have never done it, I think it's pointless and I don't think it contributes to the atmosphere.

But it isn't harming anyone and who am I to tell THOUSANDS of people what they should be doing?

Stopping because you don't like being judged by rival fans is infinitely more embarrassing than doing it. Have some self respect.

This is about right for me.

Those who want to do it, do it.

Those who don't, don't.

In my opinion, far too much time on this forum is spent telling each other how we should/shouldn't support our team.

Live and let live and all that...

This is about right for me.

Those who want to do it, do it.

Those who don't, don't.

In my opinion, far too much time on this forum is spent telling each other how we should/shouldn't support our team.

Live and let live and all that...

YEH!

Stop telling people what to ..... oh  :blush:

:blush:  :thumbup:

Loads of people on here claim to be refuse to sit down back of L1ers, which happens to be the area that poznans.

Who defines embarrassing, do people really care what opposition fans moan about on twitter?

I thought us doing it came about when Andy King equalised against Man City in the fa cup and we did it to mock them. We were a small championship club punching above our weight against the best team in the country, so what if it's stuck around, it's not half as embarrassing as birch saying how good it is to be back in the "premiership"

But we're not a ' small championship club punching above our weight', we're a Premier League club with a fanbase that should be acting as if it belongs.

The fact we do the Poznan says as much about our lack of pride as anything. Unfortunately, too many of our fans have too much respect for clubs like Man City, they see them as 'trendy' and think we need to copy what they do in an awful attempt to look 'cool'.

It's a laugh. If any body thinks removing Poznan, drum, and music when we score will make a better atmosphere is deluded.

Our support would then look embarrassing.

No I think you're the one who's deluded.

Goal music and Poznan don't improve the atmosphere at all (neither of them are actually crowd noise, think about it) and SK1 showed yesterday that we can create a good atmosphere without any of those 3 things.

The drum may help L/K but that's because the people in there are, on the whole, lazy and have the wrong attitude. Sorry, but that is why I moved from there, and I'm aware there are some exceptions.

The way I see it some people want to do the Poznan, sing 'we love you' and enjoy the drum, some think that anything introduced since all seater stadiums is cringeworthy and only want to sing old school songs. Some people want to go with their kids and not feel intimidated and some just want to watch football. If only there was some sort of way to compartmentalise the stadium and allocate certain areas to certain types of people.

Any thoughts?

I've been thinking about this a lot, and I think I have a solution:

How about all those that want to do the Poznan, sing we love you and sing along to the drum all sit together in, oh I don't know, L1.

Those that don't want to do the Poznan and sing old skool songs, sit in SK1.

Those that have young kids and want to watch in a safe environment, maybe we could make one of the stands a family stand.

Then everyone is happy.

I've been thinking about this a lot, and I think I have a solution:

How about all those that want to do the Poznan, sing we love you and sing along to the drum all sit together in, oh I don't know, L1.

Those that don't want to do the Poznan and sing old skool songs, sit in SK1.

Those that have young kids and want to watch in a safe environment, maybe we could make one of the stands a family stand.

Then everyone is happy.

That sounds fine but I don't think the families should be made to sit by the away fans as they're often quite vocally offensive.

I think it would be better if we swapped it with another similar stand in the ground.

Archived