Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

Chelsea Pre-Match Thread

Injury news today. Albrighton and Vardy in training. Drinwater and James out of the game. Maybe a couple of players signed by the time of the game.

Pre-match lineups, predictions etc....

I'd go for 

Schmeichel

De Laet

Moore

Morgan

Konchesky

Hammond

King

Mahrez

Nugent

Albrighton

Ulloa

Bench: Hamer, Wood, Schlupp, Vardy, Wasilewski, Taylor-Fletcher, Knockaert

If by some miracle Cambiasso signs then I'd put him instead of Hammond and take Taylor-Fletcher off the bench. If we sign Fanni then he'd have to be on the bench as defensive cover, unless he's not fit. Then I wouldn't know who to remove from the bench.

Prediction: 2-0 Chelsea

I think Albrighton will offer more defensively, so I would definitely consider him if fit. Not sure whether I'd go two up top, maybe Ulloa as a lone striker with Mahrez and Albrighton in behind perhaps? King has to start after Saturday, wouldn't be surprised to see a 3 man centre midfield if we were to bring another in.

Fully expecting our unbeaten run to come to an end. Nothing to be ashamed about but lets try to keep the score below 4.

Schmeichel

RDL

Was

Morgan

Moore

Schlupp

Hammond

King

Mahrez

Ulloa

Albrighton

Going in with 10 men against them is brave.

will be interesting to see how burnley try and cope with them tonight. obviously different circumstances being home/away and we're a lot better than burnley, but mainly interested to see how they deal with costa. normally a newly promoted team up against a new, expensive foreign forward i'd have wasyl nailed on to start purely to boot the shit out of him but pretty sure costa will give as good as he gets, as well as being an infuriating little blurt. 

fully expecting a loss, as i did on opening day mind, so maybe i'll be surprised again? 

Chelsea away would have been one of the games I would have been tempted to play 3 in midfield and 1 up top but our injuries mean we don't have the personnel.

I guess we will see how Chelsea get on tonight, if they play with one up front with Costa then we will have to cut off the supply to him as I have no doubt Moore and Morgan can deal with Costa after how they dealt with Lukaku.

The danger will be from the likes of Fabregas, Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle, Willian, breaking from midfield.

Christ that is a terrifying prospect.

Fully fit I would play James screening the back 4, then Drinky King Albrighton and Mahrez with Ulloa up front.

Kasper

RDL Moore Morgan Konch

James

Mahrez King Drinky Albrighton

Ulloa

With our injuries I would be very tempted to play the same back 4 then

Hammond King

Mahrez Knocky Albrighton

Ulloa

Knocky will improve with another week's training under his belt, and his work rate off the ball is under rated he would chase down the Chelsea defenders and play in the hole linking up with Ulloa Albrighton and Mahrez and hope we can hit them on the break.

Of course Saturday may end up with us being turned over, and there would be no shame in that, but I'm quite sure Nige will have them remembering to play the game not the occasion. We can gain something even if we lose ie showing that we're fearless, incredibly hard working, and have no little skill

4-4-1-1

Kasper

RDL

Moore

Morgan

Konch

King

Hammond

Mahrez

Schlupp

Nugent

Ulloa

Schlupp in for Knocky is my controversial decision.

I’m actually starting to think that Schlupp is a better winger than Knockaert, never mind his superior defensive abilities.

We're going to get battered, with our injuries. As long as we can lose by less than 2, then I wont be too upset. I'd feel a lot more confident if Drinkwater and James were in - while King did well against Everton, and Hammond wasn't too bad, I don't think they'll be good enough to keep Chelsea out for long. I think our flanks are probably our weakness though - Konchesky and De Laet vs. Hazard and Oscar is going to be worrying.

That being said, I don't think this is a game anyone expects a point from, so anything we can get will be a bonus.

With our injuries I would be very tempted to play the same back 4 then

Hammond King

Mahrez Knocky Albrighton

Ulloa

Knocky will improve with another week's training under his belt, and his work rate off the ball is under rated he would chase down the Chelsea defenders and play in the hole linking up with Ulloa Albrighton and Mahrez and hope we can hit them on the break.

I'd argue Nuge has better work rate and would chase down defenders more than Knockaert, he's also much better on the break as he's less selfish.

Having said all that though, I'd start Vardy if fit.

I guess we will see how Chelsea get on tonight, if they play with one up front with Costa then we will have to cut off the supply to him as I have no doubt Moore and Morgan can deal with Costa after how they dealt with Lukaku.

Costa is on another level to Lukaku (who has the first touch of Jermaine Beckford).

Red or cream kit here?

Think it'll be:

Kasper

RDL

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Knockaert

King

Hammond

Mahrez

Vardy

Ulloa/Nugent

Subs:

Ulloa/Nugent

Hamer

Schlupp

Wood

Wasilewski

GTF

Albrighton

We're fvcked if King or Hammond get injured.

4-4-1-1

Kasper

RDL

Moore

Morgan

Konch

King

Hammond

Mahrez

Schlupp

Nugent

Ulloa

Schlupp in for Knocky is my controversial decision.

I’m actually starting to think that Schlupp is a better winger than Knockaert, never mind his superior defensive abilities.

I'm still not sure about Schlupp defensively, do you think he would offer more cover for Konch? If so I would put him in with Albrighton on the flanks as really priority number 1 is not to get thrashed and to be solid for the first 45 minutes, then we can always unleash Vardy later on.

2 solid banks of 4 with either Mahrez or Knocky behind Ulloa.

Kasper

RDL Moore Morgan Konch

Albrighton King Hammond Schlupp

Knocky

Ulloa

Albrighton and Schlupp will hopefully offer more cover for our full backs, and Knocky will drop in and help out the centre mids, the problem is how fit Albrighton will be.

I guess we will see if Nige will be making big changes for the big games, or just go at every team in the same way and we start with the same team that started yesterday with Hammond in for the injured Drinky, which is what would have happened last season.

This game should be interesting. Really curious how much damage we can do on the counter attack if we play damage limitation tactics, which I'm sure we will.

That being said, we'll almost certainly be outclassed, especially given it's their first home game of the season - don't fancy us to be humiliated. 2-1 maybe?

Schmeichel

RDL Moore Morgan Konch

Mahrez Hammond King Schlupp/Albrighton

Ulloa Nugent

Archived