Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Foxestalk Football Trivia League-September Edition

In the July edition, the no.1 public enemy was Wookie for the suspected cheating, last month the spotlight turned on none more than the organiser The Blur for inconvenient kick off times which benefitted nobody apart from gleeful Facecloth. Questions to be answered this month will be- will an evening kick off allow title chasers The Doctor and Ross-Kemp close the gap? Will Wookie make a triumphant return from his ban to incur everyone’s wrath? Will Facecloth take another ‘holiday’ this month? Will anyone escape one point club this month? Will Bert be around to claim his annual point?

Questions this month will require just guesswork and luck more than usual so points are up for grabs for everyone rather than only for Facecloth even more so this month! Before we commence the questions, take a look at the league table below….

post-7978-0-05060600-1408555943.png

Questions

1. What makes the six goals Golden Boot winner Oleg Salenko scored at USA 94 special? They were his only international goals

2. What is the name of Northern Ireland Football League champions Cliftonville’s ground: Solidarity, Solemnity or Solitude? Solitude

3. Complete the sequence- Darren Bent,Ji Dong-Wan, Adam Johnson, ???????? Phil Bardsley- Scorers in Sunderland's successive 1-0 wins over Man City at Stadium of Light.

4. “I have not seen it,but it looks generous.” Which short signed manager said this? Arsene Wenger

5. Which League One ground can accommodate the highest proportion of its town’s residents? Barnsley

6. Complete the name: Aloysius Paulus ????? van Gaal- is it Maria,Helena or Claire? Maria

7. How many days did Mario Gotze last as Germany’s most expensive player, before being usurped by Mesut Ozil’s move to Arsenal last summer? 131 Days

8. Which two teams compete in Croatia’s Eternal Derby? Dinamo Zagerb and Hadjuk Split

9. Name the five keepers who have scored a PL goal. Scmeichel,Begovic,Howard,Robinson and Friedel

10. Guus Hiddink has never won the European Cup or Champions League-true or false? False-he won it with PSV in 1988

11. Sandwich chain Subway will be sponsoring which Scottish PL club this coming season? Inverness

12. Fulham’s current mascot is Billy the Badger but who did he replace? Sir Craven of Cottage

13. Who is the youngest player with a PL medal? Clichy in 2003-04 with Arsenal

14. What was noteworthy about Javier Mascherano’s debut for Argentina in 2003? He had not made a senior appearance at club level for River Plate

15. How many players did Aston Villa use to win 1980-81 Division One title? 14

16. Which club kept the most clean sheets in League Two last season? York City

17. Which Fernando scored more goals for Spain- Hierro or Morientes? Hierro

18. Southampton new boy Graziano Pelle played 66 games in all competition for Feyenoord across two seasons. How many goals did he score- 29,46 or 55? 55

19. Joe Payne holds the English league record for most goals in a game, for Luton against Bristol Rovers in 1936.Did he score 8,10 or 12? 10

20. Which club has reached the most FA Cup finals (4) without winning one? Leicester City :(

21. What European Cup or Champions League record does former Lazio keeper Marco Ballotta hold? The oldest player to play in Champions League

22. Who are the only team to have featured in two penalty shoot-outs in same World Cup and won both. Argentina in Italia 90

23. Which League Two side were originally Belmont FC? Tranmere

24. Which manager gave David Beckham his first England cap? Hoddle

4: Arsene Wenger

Correct

1. He scored 5 in one game and all his goals came in the group stages.

3. Phil Bardsley?

1. Nope but you are getting warm

3. Give over-how do you work that one out?

Correct. You are ruining this league lol

I think I've answered any I'm sure of I'll leave others to guess for a bit on the others.

Can't work out what more there is to number one. I know they went out at the group stage, so he played no more games. Is he the only player to win it that went out at the group stage?

20 is leicester isn't it?

Didn't realise there were so many multiple choice answers, that's a bit silly isn't it?

Already put Leicester a few posts up, sorry.

Facecloth, you did not already answered it so the point go to the Captain. I copied questions off 442 magazine so complain to them not me  :P

Archived