Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

Mahrez or Knockeart?

If one of the two is to be dropped, it's gotta be Knocky in my opinion.

He's fantastic, but he's just not quick enough for the prem. Put him on the bench and bring him on in the 70th minute once whoever we're against has tired a bit, and he'll be able to run rings around them, and his skills and tricks will be far more likely to come off.

Riyad is quicker and still has that same level of ability.

just because albrighton is back doesn't mean either will be dropped straight away having had a decent opening game. why is it obvious? i feel he will start on the bench on sat and make an appearance later on. i would rather start with mahrez and knockaert and probably 3 in the middle.

Knockaert didn't just have a bad game on Sat, he had a disastrous one, his brief appearance on the right saw Everton (Baines & Pienaar in particular) run rings around us. de Laet was left on his own and the goals came in

Knockaert has potential to be a match winner on his day, so does Mahrez - in spades

Mahrez's poor patches rarely dip to average, whereas Knockaert's... Well, we've seen

Mahrez offers everything Knockaert does, but with a fraction of the downsides.

And that's without mentioning his headless chicken red mist spells in games when the ref doesn't give him a decision

No brainer for me

Mind I'd pick someone out of the dev squad over Knockaert's performance on last Saturday

While I agree with many of comments here about knocky, I don't think I his lack of pace will be an issue that stops him being a very good premiership player over the next few years. Yes his pace is an issue, but he's got the ability in many other areas of his game to overcome that in my opinion.

Knockaert didn't just have a bad game on Sat, he had a disastrous one, his brief appearance on the right saw Everton (Baines & Pienaar in particular) run rings around us. de Laet was left on his own and the goals came in

Knockaert has potential to be a match winner on his day, so does Mahrez - in spades

Mahrez's poor patches rarely dip to average, whereas Knockaert's... Well, we've seen

Mahrez offers everything Knockaert does, but with a fraction of the downsides.

And that's without mentioning his headless chicken red mist spells in games when the ref doesn't give him a decision

No brainer for me

Mind I'd pick someone out of the dev squad over Knockaert's performance on last Saturday

You talk so much shit about Knockaert it's not even worth getting into but again I will say this:

Mahrez and Knockaert rotated between the wings on Saturday and Mahrez offered no better protection for de Laet than Knockaert did. The one goal (one) which came from open play down that side came with Knockaert very much in the picture, tracking back and helping de Laet, but he slipped at a critical moment.

There's no hiding from the fact that he didn't have a good game on Saturday but describing it as one so poor that you think you'd get a development player in ahead of him for Saturday smacks of something of an agenda.

Personally I'd play Mahrez on Saturday (I think we all would) but you are, yet again, going completely overboard in your criticism.

As somebody else said a couple of weeks ago it will be interesting to see if Mahrez is as successful in six months' time.

Just me who thought Knockaert did far more in the first half than Mahrez who barely touched it? This is also a player who was rushed back from injury. As much as I like Mahrez, lets not forget how good a player Knockaert is, and the fact he is younger.

I wasn't overly impressed with either first half, and the first time Mahrez ran with the ball he created Wood's goal. But I'm not sure Albrighton will be fit to play having come back from injury. Perhaps it'd be better to ease him into the game via subs bench.

I'd like to see Knockaert behind the striker, but I think Nugent plays that role well. He created many chances last season in that role.

Mahrez drifts out of games more than Knockaert, who is always looking for the ball. I remember the game against Yeovil at home where Knockaert almost single-handedly dragged us back into it. However, Knockaert also loses the ball far too often, doesn't have a right foot, is slow for a winger and doesn't have a brilliant cross on him like other Premier League wingers not blessed with pace.

Mahrez on the other hand is much more reliable on the ball, has a reasonable right foot and has the pace to beat players fairly regularly. For me Mahrez is much the better player and has a huge future. He was causing a quality team like Everton numerous problems, however he needs to get involved more, as evidenced by his fairly anonymous first half.

Very presumptuous. Knockaert still has the ability to be a regular, Albrighton hasn't proved anything yet.

At the moment Mahhrez would be first choice of the 3, Knockaert was poor on Saturday but let's not start writing him off after one game. The thing about him is he seems to force his way back into the manager's thoughts when he looks as if he's out of favour.

Archived