Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxInTheBirstallBox

Bernie on tour

Well he lives in Loughborough unless he has now moved over to Barrow and it is definitely not an act he is putting on as anyone local to Loughborough will state!

That was from the 70s though.

Picture could be him? (in his better days, obviously)

Well he lives in Loughborough unless he has now moved over to Barrow and it is definitely not an act he is putting on as anyone local to Loughborough will state!

"According to his wife, Keith Weller, Chris Garland, and Steve Kember are Bernie's favourite players from the present City line-up"

That would date the article at 1975/76 (if it's real).

He used to live in Quorn but sold his house 5/6 years ago. I thought I'd heard he was in a home now.

Surely if he was in a home he wouldn't be allowed to travel to Chelsea on his own without some kind of carer? And I'd imagine they would have to wash/clothe him?

Surely if he was in a home he wouldn't be allowed to travel to Chelsea on his own without some kind of carer? And I'd imagine they would have to wash/clothe him?

:dunno:

It's not a prison, they can't hold him against his will.

:dunno:

It's not a prison, they can't hold him against his will.

I know what you mean, I just thought that a third party would be able to detect the fact he has a problem one way or another, surely letting someone roam where they please is dangerous and can be considered neglect?

Thing I love about Bernie is (especially at away games) everyone starts screaming "AAAHHH" when he shows up and the police/stewards are looking round and checking to see if somethings kicking off, but really it's just Bernie and they don't have a clue! ha ha

I have a lot of respect for him, clearly he doesn't have much money but the money he gets he spends on City games!

I've always wondered though, is he homeless?

:lei1:  

I saw him on the Victoria line getting off before Victoria station in the old 2004 away shirt by himself

this guy obviously only lives for lcfc and prob has no family or wife might have passed away nobody knows but it seems he is lonely and leicester is part of his family where by once a week he can feel part of something and be someone .

prob spends all his money on tickets and travel and goes without during the week to pay for it . you may think no chance but i knew somebody who was the same but he lived for horse racing .

bernie gets around a lot and prob 50 per cent of the people on this forum see him at games

if 50 people on here donated a pound each and we picked a designated person who regulary sees bernie we could kit him out in some new trainers ,trackys and a leicester top from last season

Round of applause at half time?

Archived