Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sdb

RDL

RDL

Not nice to put a downer on a good performance and decent player, but this guy is not currently anywhere near Prem quality. We need a new RB ASAP. His pass completion this season (yes, yes, 2 games...) must be well below 50%, he looks nervous, unsure, low on belief. He never knows when to go to his man, track a run or stand his ground. I've not seen him sprint once this season and he's rapid! Don't bang on about lack of support from wingers, Konchesky has looked solid with the same sort of help. If we want to compete in this league we need to strengthen the weaker areas and this is the stand out area (along with CM if everyone's going to get crocked). Sorry, but the sad truth.

Not nice to put a downer on a good performance and decent player, but this guy is not currently anywhere near Prem quality. We need a new RB ASAP. His pass completion this season (yes, yes, 2 games...) must be well below 50%, he looks nervous, unsure, low on belief. He never knows when to go to his man, track a run or stand his ground. I've not seen him sprint once this season and he's rapid! Don't bang on about lack of support from wingers, Konchesky has looked solid with the same sort of help. If we want to compete in this league we need to strengthen the weaker areas and this is the stand out area (along with CM if everyone's going to get crocked). Sorry, but the sad truth.

I'd like to see you competing against Eden Hazard, Azpilicueta, Leighton Baines and Pienaar.

RDL

Bollocks.

I don't class myself as a Premier League RB so won't compare his performance today to how i'd fare against Eden Hazard, Jesus. He may well end up being one but he's not at the moment and we can't wait 6/7 months for him to improve sufficiently. His positioning is woeful and the number of times he passes the ball back to the opposition is suicidal. He's been at fault for two of the four we've conceded this week and whilst I do love the refreshing positivity regarding the team on this forum these days, he is a blatant weak link. I'll take the criticism on the chin and accept you're greater judgement. I fear you'll be saying the same soon if NP doesn't get that 2nd RB.

RDL

Disagree strongly! Let's see how other teams right backs deal with what he's had to deal with in the last two games! Sure, lets go and get a new one from Madrid, PSG or Barcelona, that's whats required and they'll be gagging to come for a pittance. For Christ's sake leave the bloke alone, here's a new one...try supporting your team and give a bit of encouragement to him!

Urgh, the only half decent responses here (please stop saying stuff like 'wum' unless you're under 14) are the ones highlighting the quality of opposition he's faced. I agree he's played against 2 of the top 4/5 right sided teams in the league, but that doesn't mean it's OK that he looks so out of his depth! We need a better RB and i'm absolutely sure of it. I wish I could share your blinded positivity but I can't on this one. 

Slightly o.t.t. first post and slightly o.t.t. reaction. We did look vulnerable down that side in the first two games. Ok let's not rush to judgement but it's no use this season saying "well he was up against the team that finished 2nd, 5th" etc etc.

Archived