Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sdb

RDL

Let's wait and see how he and the rest of the lads perform against the middle of the table/lower end of the table sides before we single out players as not good enough. My opinion on RDL is he is a confidence player...if he makes a mistake or a missed tackle in a game his head goes down and he does just the basics to get through the rest of the game, when we know one of his strengths is his pace and getting forward to support the counter attacks. One thing we need to be better at is finishing our chances...I know it's obvious but it will be the difference this season between a relegation scrap or finishing in mid-table.

Did he do much wrong? 

Can't remember any big chances coming through him. Could have backed up Albrighton a bit for the 2nd but the former did shit defending it regardless.

Running the ball out of play during the first half was pretty embarrassing, bambi-esque. Failing to close down for the second goal was very amateurish - he looked like a rabbit in headlights. And then there were the 10-12 occasions when he chose not to do the safe thing and knock the ball out of play with his back to goal, but to pass the ball back to a Chelsea player ready to start another attack - a regular feature of his game last week too. 

Talk me through how we're financing a right back than can mark Eden Hazard out of a game.

P.S Pass completion rate is well above 50%

Where did I say we sign someone to do that? 

And where did you find his pass completion stats 'cause i'd love to analyse them please. 

Thanks. 

I honestly think he didn't do much wrong today. For 35 minutes he managed to deal with Hazard like he was an average left winger, he did almost nothing in the first half. In the second half he struggled a bit more but the game was much more open and Chelsea were moving the ball much quicker than they were in the first half.  

First half he linked up well with Mahrez going forward as well, put in some very decent balls when he did get forward. 

Talk me through how we're financing a right back than can mark Eden Hazard out of a game.

P.S Pass completion rate is well above 50%

Manwell it kills me to do this but i've just found out that you're wrong, and that you lied to me - nasty man!!

This doesn't make great reading unfortunately, but don't let that stop you calling me a tosser etc! It's cracking me up. 

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2014/matches/755314/player-stats/46695/OVERALL_02#tabs-wrapper-anchor

I make that a pass rate of 35-40%

De Laet had a much better performance than last week but SDB's post is a massive knee-jerk reaction lol. There's no way we're just gonna get a replacement and shove RDL out. It's a learning curve for most of our players and I've no doubt RDL will improve. 

Manwell it kills me to do this but i've just found out that you're wrong, and that you lied to me - nasty man!!

This doesn't make great reading unfortunately, but don't let that stop you calling me a tosser etc! It's cracking me up. 

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2014/matches/755314/player-stats/46695/OVERALL_02#tabs-wrapper-anchor

I didn't call you a tosser,

and you said Everton and Chelsea, not just Chelsea.

thats was me btw so that just proves you cant see !

checking the stats that you yourself punblished proves this even more

defense :stats

5 successful clearances

3 successful tackles

3 interceptions

1 won foul

attack stats

2 aerial duels won

1 tackle lost

1 aerial duel lost

passing was not good but you have to have a man open to complete the pass so cant blame him for every bad pass 

so wtf are you goin on about 

stand by by previous comment

if you wann be my friend stop talking shite 

I was slightly concerned with his passing in both games. He doesn't look confident on the ball at all. However in the first half I felt he got up the field and supported Mahrez really well. Perhaps not the best defensively though.

thats was me btw so that just proves you cant see !

checking the stats that you yourself punblished proves this even more

defense :stats

5 successful clearances

3 successful tackles

3 interceptions

1 won foul

attack stats

2 aerial duels won

1 tackle lost

1 aerial duel lost

passing was not good but you have to have a man open to complete the pass so cant blame him for every bad pass 

so wtf are you goin on about 

stand by by previous comment

if you wann be my friend stop talking shite 

The stuff I mentioned in previous posts you absolute clown  lol

The clearance stats don't tell the whole story - most/all went straight back to the opposition and invited the pressure back on. Also, subjective though it may be, I would class his indecision for Chelsea's second as an error leading to goal. 

Anyway, it's good to know you can formulate an actual discussion to hold an argument. Better than your first post which was ridiculous. And I was well aware that it was you calling me a tosser - not something i'd be proud to own up to if I were you, however.

I thought Albrighton was more at fault for the goal, RDL didn't stick out as having a stinker; and as others have said, let's have a little perspective on whom he's been up against. Though I do think we need a right-back to compete with him and keep him on toes.

Knockaert miles behind defensive play last week & Albrighton shepherding Hazard towards goal this week does not make RDL a bit lacking.

Do need someone to cover him though & push him for his place

RDL

Not nice to put a downer on a good performance and decent player, but this guy is not currently anywhere near Prem quality. We need a new RB ASAP. His pass completion this season (yes, yes, 2 games...) must be well below 50%, he looks nervous, unsure, low on belief. He never knows when to go to his man, track a run or stand his ground. I've not seen him sprint once this season and he's rapid! Don't bang on about lack of support from wingers, Konchesky has looked solid with the same sort of help. If we want to compete in this league we need to strengthen the weaker areas and this is the stand out area (along with CM if everyone's going to get crocked). Sorry, but the sad truth.

Here we go, two games in, and the doom merchants are out

Beyond belief

Here we go, two games in, and the doom merchants are out

Beyond belief

This annoys me so much. I'm not a doom merchant. We have a weak link in the team and it needs addressing! I'm a big fan of our squad and I know we'll lose games this season (i've supported this club through plenty of shite years and far more than most on here), but it seems we can't discuss these things because it's being too negative, or it's a wind up. It's not. It's an observation that I'd love to pretend I didn't make, but I did. 

Nice to see some people enter a discussion but that's clearly beyond others.

I think it's very irrational to question anyone's place in the team after two games against Everton and Chelsea. De Laet is going to be a very important player for us over the course of this season, particularly against the sides around us. His overlapping play is so important in attack, and he has the surprise element of extraordinary pace which I don't think many opposition teams will be aware of. He got a lot better defensively over the course of last season too, just needs a bit more protection at times.

RDL

Not nice to put a downer on a good performance and decent player, but this guy is not currently anywhere near Prem quality. We need a new RB ASAP. His pass completion this season (yes, yes, 2 games...) must be well below 50%, he looks nervous, unsure, low on belief. He never knows when to go to his man, track a run or stand his ground. I've not seen him sprint once this season and he's rapid! Don't bang on about lack of support from wingers, Konchesky has looked solid with the same sort of help. If we want to compete in this league we need to strengthen the weaker areas and this is the stand out area (along with CM if everyone's going to get crocked). Sorry, but the sad truth.

Some of your points I've highlighted in bold I just can't fathom. If you had said, "this guy is not currently good enough to be in a side that's competing for a European place" then I'd probably agree based on his defensive abilities. However, he is part of our system that works, a system where we don't necessarily rely on pass completion but instead inter-changing (on and off the ball), getting rid of the ball to cut out individual errors and playing the ball into space. I don't think he looks nervous, unsure or low on belief at all, I really can't understand how you have came to the conclusion?? Finally, he has proved time and time again that he does know when to track, stand, or go to a man, its a bit more difficult against one the best left sides in the Premier League and one of the best in the World. Cover would be nice, every player needs to be able to work hard for their place, but because of his abilities and the system we play, RDL will rightly be our 1st choice right back for the rest of the season and your comments today may make you look rather silly come the end of the season.

Archived