Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EGBFitness

Mahrez

Will he play for Algeria? Can't imagine that he's fully match fit having not played for so long. He'll definitely be handing in a transfer request if it starts harming his international prospects. As ludicrous as it sounds I think there's a real chance we won't see him play for the club again.

there will be turnover for algeria because they are already qualified for the african Cup, however the coach loves him and made him a starter since he's in charge of the team.

He was late for the coach on Friday. Last man on and it left when he got on.

do you know he was late or do you just know he was the last one on? someone has to be last... 

i don't blame him anyway he was probably fully aware he'd see no pitch time and probably doesn't have a clue why, just like everyone else 

I blame him. That's unprofessional no matter the circumstances. Of course, that information's uncorroborated, but, if true, it's damning. 

As for his time with Algeria, it isn't certain he'll be playing much. Simply because Algeria have already qualified for the Africa Cup of Nations and have called up a few new players to test out. Expect him to play around 90/180 mins.

I blame him. That's unprofessional no matter the circumstances. Of course, that information's uncorroborated, but, if true, it's damning. 

As for his time with Algeria, it isn't certain he'll be playing much. Simply because Algeria have already qualified for the Africa Cup of Nations and have called up a few new players to test out. Expect him to play around 90/180 mins.

If that sort of thing is going on - and some of Pearson's comments suggest so - then the manager's absolutely right to deal with it forcefully. But, equally, there have been plenty of other lapses in discipline which he's forgiven in the past (Konchesky and Drinkwater insulting the fans, the whole team getting battered and being unable to perform against Brighton - and, some might argue, Palace this season - the various issues he had early on with St Ledger and so on.) So it's vital, especially when you consider that Mahrez has looked like a potential key player for us, that they are castigated and then ushered back into the fray as soon as possible.

Stuff that goes on at football clubs is usually kept in-house, which is the best way for it to be dealt with. However, with the advent of the internet (messageboards/social media etc) you now get conspiracy theories left, right and centre - and when these get repeated so often, people start to believe there must be truth in them.

It's completely laughable that he isn't getting in the team. We are absolutely devoid of flair (**** me I've even typed it in lower case that's how bad it's got) and creativity whilst someone who offers just that is sat on the bench.

I defended Pearson when he sacked off the likes of Mills, Danns and Beckford but Mahrez? Mahrez is easily a top half winger. It's a joke he isn't being played.

mahrez played 83 min for algeria today in a 3-1 win at home against ethiopia. mahrez had one assist for the equilizer and scored the second, he was again verry good as a left wing. in 7 games so far with algeria he has 2 goals and 6 assists !!

asked yesterday why he doesnt play with leicester, he said that the coach is confident on him and told him that he needs to try different systems and nothing against him.

asked also if he got any contact with other teams, he answered that he is happy with leicester, but some teams are interested in him without anything serious so far.

asked about the reaction of leicester coach about his participation in the african cup in january, he ansewred with laugh that this is probably the reason why his coach is not using him actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vc0eMru8Vw

mahrez played 83 min for algeria today in a 3-1 win at home against ethiopia. mahrez had one assist for the equilizer and scored the second, he was again verry good as a left wing. in 7 games so far with algeria he has 2 goals and 6 assists !!

asked yesterday why he doesnt play with leicester, he said that the coach is confident on him and told him that he needs to try different systems and nothing against him.

asked also if he got any contact with other teams, he answered that he is happy with leicester, but some teams are interested in him without anything serious so far.

asked about the reaction of leicester coach about his participation in the african cup in january, he ansewred with laugh that this is probably the reason why his coach is not using him actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vc0eMru8Vw

We should sign this kid

Absolutely sensational again today. Algeria's best player with Sofiane Feghouli. I think he's finally cemented a starting spot on this national team and has been improving with every game. 

I've watched all of Mahrez's matches with Leicester this season, and what he's producing with Algeria is another product. Surrounded by technical players, in a liberated role, he's free to express himself and we're reaping the rewards. I understand that Leicester doesn't have the 'luxury' of playing Malawi, Ethiopia, but I can't help but feel the calculated role Pearson wants him to fulfil massively hamstrings his technical ability. 

I wonder if his 'jokey' reply to the final question has any credence? Surely it can't have any justification but then again, why say it? sometimes we say things we shouldnt when we relax and joke about. Of course, the interview, having been done in Arabic could be badly translated.

It was crazy to leave him out of the last two games when he probably won't be fit enough to perform next Saturday. infact, forget crazy, more like negligent!

Will he play for Algeria? Can't imagine that he's fully match fit having not played for so long. He'll definitely be handing in a transfer request if it starts harming his international prospects. As ludicrous as it sounds I think there's a real chance we won't see him play for the club again.

Talk about over reacting

Seen the report on the LCFC OS, seems like he has been playing well for us  ;)  but obviously not well enough to merit a starting place.

"And for the second time in two games Mahrez scored for his nation, curling a stunning strike into the back of the net to give his side the lead before Yacine Brahimi added a third in the first half to wrap up the win.

Mahrez has featured strongly for the Foxes this season after appearing eight times in all competitions, scoring one and setting up another in the 2-2 Barclays Premier League draw at King Power Stadium in October.

After carrying his form onto the international stage,"

Not saying there's much chance of it happening in january but if we lost Mahrez for not playing him, that would be a travesty.

I think Pearson has always had a suspicion of flairy/creative/not overly consistent but capable of turning a game types throughout his time with us and Hull to an extent (Cameron Stewart never really got a decent chance with Pearson, but he was young). Max Gradel could have been an important player for us in League 1 and the first few Champ seasons, but Matt Oakley played ahead of him and was then sold on - not saying he would have been good enough now, but for that level, perfectly serviceable.  Paul Gallagher probably perfect example of Nige's "flair" player, just enough technical ability to do something creative every now again, but not enough intelligence to pull something unexpected and magical.

Edit - I assume it was his decision to bring Mahrez and Knocky to the club though, rather than the owners/Terry Robinson so who knows what he is playing at.

Archived