Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EGBFitness

Mahrez

Definitely shouldn't be dropped (who is suggesting that?!) but does need to be more profitable when getting in the area. Obviously it's great he's getting in those positions and he carved out some of our best opportunities. The through-ball for Nugent was perfect. He found a lot of space on the right hand side which he could have cut inside and shot from but didn't. 

He's going to be fantastic in the years to come. There's nothing like a season of Premier League football to sharpen your decision making. Not to mention he's been our most creative outlet in both games so far.

Ridiculous to even think about dropping him. He provides a direct threat with his dribbling and vision. He supports the strikers well and is rapid on the counter attack! Granted he squandered a few good chances today however it was brilliant defending. I also think his decision making and ruthlessness in those types of situations will definitely improve. Seeing as it was his second premier league game today, I think he did very well.

corner practice everyday this week laddy !

but he is still one of our stars, if he had scored that saved shot (first shot on goal in the game) no one would say squat

the turn and dribble were world class

he will be our star player this year 

stop with the moanin FFS

He never will in the Prem. Knockaert's lack of being of even average speed will see him in a lot of difficulty

IMO Mahrez is a more dangerous player than Knocky at this level, pace being the main reason.

But, how can a Premiership side be taking such appalling corners? This must be rectified. Not only do we have no hope of scoring from them, we also look prone to the counter attack from them. lol

#getthebasicsrightcity

IMO Mahrez is a more dangerous player than Knocky at this level, pace being the main reason.

But, how can a Premiership side be taking such appalling corners? This must be rectified. Not only do we have no hope of scoring from them, we also look prone to the counter attack from them. lol

#getthebasicsrightcity

Not being able to beat the first man everytime was woeful, surely Kingy could have done better

We obviously must have been coached on them going to the front post because in the middle Courtois, Terry, Cahill, Ivanovich would have caught/cleared everyone but I don't see why we persisted with that tactic

This isn't a dig but I did notice he was the only Leicester player not to clap the fans at the beginning on the match.

He was probably just really focused on the monumental task he had in front of him. I'm sure it was all he could think about and he didn't even register the team clapping the fans.

I was watching this match surrounded by Chelsea fans. When he turned the defenders, they couldn't believe it. He was great. Yes, he wasted a few and his corners were poor, but on the whole he did very well.

The Chelsea fans were going mental at Mahrez for the slow (Understatement) run ups to take the corners.

I doubt he has witnessed such loud aggression and rollicking from opposing supporters being as this was his first away game in such a league against, lets face it, 38000+ Chelsea fans.

I wonder if this kind of thing got in his head and affected his corner taking?

Unusual to have so many corners go awry in one game.

Just a thought!

He's a game changer.  He needs to practice crossing, if he's our best corner taker (with James out) then we have problems.  I'd still pick him whenever fit, and Knocky if he isn't.  They're both going to lose the ball because they take defenders on and most times the defender will win, but when they get through they create chances.  We need that in our team.

I thought Mahrez played well yesterday. Seemed to be asking plenty of questions of the Chelsea defence until they decided to stick three men on him every time he got the ball.

As most have mentioned his corners were abysmal. There really is no excuse for not beating the first man, so this needs some work and also emphasises how important James is to the team, as we don't really have another corner taker.

I also think Nigel needs to spend some time speaking with the players about decision making. This doesn't just apply to Mahrez, however I noticed yesterday that there were several occasions where Chelsea contained him with three player's and he had options to lay the ball off but chose the impossible of trying to beat the three guys around him consequently losing the ball.

As I say, Nigel really needs to work on the intelligence side of the players game. Technically we can compete but we need to be a bit sharper upstairs if we really want to challenge the better sides in this league.

Once or twice seemingly every game, he manages to pick a pass that completely splits the opposition in half. The sort of pass I'm not sure anyone else we have could make. Schlupp v Everton, Nugent v Chelsea. If anyone needs dropping it's the forwards who can't finish their dinner.

The lads been here 8 months, is still learning the game and getting use to the physicality of it. He's going to have flaws, but he's our one player with something a bit special in him (that has an end product).

The lads been here 8 months, is still learning the game and getting use to the physicality of it. He's going to have flaws, but he's our one player with something a bit special in him (that has an end product).

Well said Babylon, That sums it up nicely. No ones having a go at him, just pointing out his pluses and where he needs to improve.

it's refreshing to see a young lad have to confidence to take on Terry and Marcin.

He covered a lot of ground today also,His pass to put nugent through was sublime. He showed so often for the ball to relieve pressure on the defence. Knockaert can also learn from him.

He's only going to get better with time.

He's young, he's a player who will try ambitious passes, at times Hollywood passes and do too much, it's going to happen. But his twisting and turning is hurting and fooling top Premier League players and that is no mean feat two games in.

Once or twice seemingly every game, he manages to pick a pass that completely splits the opposition in half. The sort of pass I'm not sure anyone else we have could make. Schlupp v Everton, Nugent v Chelsea. If anyone needs dropping it's the forwards who can't finish their dinner.

seriously, the nugent pass? if anyone COULDN'T make that pass then they should hang up their boots. one defender and one attacker in open space, hmmm, let me see...

Thought he had a good game

People need to realise he can't dribble round defenders every single time he gets the ball. Particularly defenders of the quality that Chelsea have. Bar his corners, he had another good game yesterday. Still very young and will get better and better

I do think Knockaert has that in his game too.

Archived