Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EGBFitness

Mahrez

Think many were guilty of taking an extra second at times. Sometimes the early cross or shot is necessary. Always good to keep defences guessing too. Mahrez did get himself into some excellent positions though and looks to be out biggest midfield threat.

Should definitely be dropped for the next game with Albrighton taking his place. Knocky is also available. Had a mare yesterday. His job is to get up the wing and into space to receive a pass and whip dangerous crosses into the box. Yesterday he received that pass from the middle of the park King/Hammond/Jeff mainly and massively failed to deliver anything in the final third. Not even a poor cross... Pretty much a non-existent cross!

I've heard a few fans say he didn't have support or anyone to cross too - total rubbish there were players charging in and one particular moment when Mahrez had all the time in the world to roll the ball across the box to Ulloa for a simple finish and 1 goal lead. We were in behind the Chelski defence at the time.

He's still very young and I'm sure Pearson will be having a few polite words with him this week and try work on his decision making when in those wide areas in the final third. He will be dropped for the Arsenal game in my view - Knocky had a poor match last week and was instadropped. He and Albrighton will both be fully fit to start next Sunday (hopefully) and one of them will replace Mahrez, I'm 80% sure of that but we will have to wait and see.

Mahrez reminds me of Ronaldo when he first came to the prem.

Obviously no where near as good but he is good with the ball at his feet and always looks to take the man on. When Pearson sorts him out I'm sure he will be world class. He glides around the pitch with the ball at his feet and made world class players look below average at times.

Against weaker opposition he will be very dangerous and on the break against Arsenal he could be a threat.

Chelsea have the strongest defence in the premiership in my opinion and he did very well. Should not be dropped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should definitely be dropped for the next game with Albrighton taking his place. Knocky is also available. Had a mare yesterday. His job is to get up the wing and into space to receive a pass and whip dangerous crosses into the box. Yesterday he received that pass from the middle of the park King/Hammond/Jeff mainly and massively failed to deliver anything in the final third. Not even a poor cross... Pretty much a non-existent cross!

I've heard a few fans say he didn't have support or anyone to cross too - total rubbish there were players charging in and one particular moment when Mahrez had all the time in the world to roll the ball across the box to Ulloa for a simple finish and 1 goal lead. We were in behind the Chelski defence at the time.

He's still very young and I'm sure Pearson will be having a few polite words with him this week and try work on his decision making when in those wide areas in the final third. He will be dropped for the Arsenal game in my view - Knocky had a poor match last week and was instadropped. He and Albrighton will both be fully fit to start next Sunday (hopefully) and one of them will replace Mahrez, I'm 80% sure of that but we will have to wait and see.

:blink:

You'll get some strong negative reactions to this post but I'm in agreement to some extent. Pearson didn't haul him off yesterday because he was having a great game, he brought him off because he was being too selfish. We all know Pearson well enough to know he won't stand for that. Yes Mahrez can be brilliant and he did look a threat at times yesterday, but it's a team game and he's beating no team in this league on his own. Nigel will not hesitate to drop him if that's what it takes to nip this issue in the bud, just like he did with knocky when he was clearly our most creative player.

Agree with Moose. Against the top teams we need to be more efficient when going forward, and Albrighton's more precise crossing will be much more complimentary than Mahrez trying to weave in and out of the top defenders.

Saying that, he could be a useful sub to bring on and late and cause some chaos against tired legs.

I wouldn't want to drop our most creative and exciting player just like that. Unfortunately for him by the second half yesterday Chelsea were putting 3 players on him every time! He was still naive enough to try and take them on and he does need to learn. Let's not forget he hasn't had a full season in this country yet and was only playing in Ligue 2 before that. 

He does need to learn but I don't think it will be a case of Pearson dropping him for certain.

Again I don't think we can judge any performance on yesterday's game.

We did extremely well... Hazard, Ramires, Oscar, etc etc.. For God's sake, how much harder does it get?

Mahrez showed glimpses of good attacking play against that lot. We all know how good the lad can look.

We move on and just wait and see how we get on.

I'm giving it at least ten games before I start judging our aspirations in any way, shape or form really.

This isn't a dig but I did notice he was the only Leicester player not to clap the fans at the beginning on the match.

Today he was ok, corners were abysmal but that bit where he turned azpiliblahblah and shot shows what quality he has. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed Mahrez ignoring the fans, even at Burnley away last year we were 2-0 up in arguably the biggest game of the season and he didn't clap when he got taken off. Maybe he's just shy?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed Mahrez ignoring the fans, even at Burnley away last year we were 2-0 up in arguably the biggest game of the season and he didn't clap when he got taken off. Maybe he's just shy?

Maybe he's just shy?...are you being serious?

He plays in front of 30,000 people every week!

Ah bless him!

Only real criticism I have is, when he's playing on the right, please take the defender on the outside sometimes. Always cuts inside. Teams will catch on to this very soon

Actually he tried going outside 2 or 3 times on sat. Was read every time though

Only real criticism I have is, when he's playing on the right, please take the defender on the outside sometimes. Always cuts inside. Teams will catch on to this very soon

A consequence of playing a player who is predominantly left footed on the right.

I think his a player who's performance is always going to be scrutinised.

People need to accept that with his style of play makes him a game changer, 9 times out of 10 he's going to lose the ball or lead to nothing but there's always that chance of creating something.

There's still a lot of development to add to his game, I would like to see him more clinical and take the shot on and maybe getting that stroke of luck- Post and in, rebound, corner etc rather than playing like Arsenal and trying to run it into the goal.

Corner taking yesterday was poor but you never know if it's a set piece been practised, not sure if was yesterday though as there wasn't many making front post runs, we do normally have Knocky take corners too

He has to play in my opinion as Everton and Chelsea fans have said what a threat he was, would be interesting seeing him in a more central role with free movement

Two games into the Premiership, and he is expected to be a ninety minute wonder boy. Some people are totally daft, calling for him to be dropped. The lad has to find his feet in the Premiership, and learn what he needs to do, as others have to. Calling for him to be dropped, is ridiculous.

Those people should wake up, and shut up!  :shutup:  :shutup:

I bet you go out in the midday sun, maddogs n Englishman....

Another poor analyse of a top player, keep dropping players for mistakes or small errors.

Man city would never have won the title with your attitude.

Nugent worries me because not for the 1st time his 1 on 1 was poor, he had time to drag it right,.

but I wouldnt drop him for it......not yet.Though I would like to see a Schlupp or Wood in that postion.

The cup game could give Pearson that chance.....but we all would love to do something slightly different, and prove our

management skills...that why we are terrace stubble, sorry fans, we cant manage a team of jellybabys.Let That Nice mr Pearson get on with it.

Archived