Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Knockaert Interview

The trouble is for most of last season and the start of this, he has been largely unimpressive and frustrating. If he thinks a 'big' club are going to come in for him after his recent performances, he is very much mistaken.

I'd be happy for him to be acting billy big bollocks, if he was actually performing well, but the fact he can't even turn it on at Shrewsbury at the moment and comes out with wanting 'big clubs' to sign him from his springboard, well, the man needs to get a grip.

Give the guy a break. He's obviously said a couple ofthings he shouldn;t but every player at every club (including ours) will aspire to play for the real top teams. He's made a mistake in saying it out loud but he's still a young kid so cut him some slack. Nobody can accuse him of not enjoying his time at City or giving 100% to the cause which is all that is really important.

Whilst he is under contract with us he should be giving his all for the team.

I'd be happy for him to be acting billy big bollocks, if he was actually performing well, but the fact he can't even turn it on at Shrewsbury at the moment and comes out with wanting 'big clubs' to sign him from his springboard, well, the man needs to get a grip.

Exactly. You don't hear Riyad, or Drinky or Liam going on about how Leicester are a 'springboard' for their careers despite the fact the fact they could play for top 8 sides and hold their own. These players truly love the club. And to be quite honest, I am quite insulted by Knocky's actions considering all the club have done for him.

Talk about jump on a players back. He has had god like status up untill yesterday and now most fans want him moved on. Get a grip!!!

I'm not saying I want him moved on mate, I love the guy (as a player ;)) but if this type of thing is going to become a regular occurance, then the club will have some serious thinking to do. :thumbup:

It will be interesting to see what comes of this. If there is any truth in it then we will read about it in the Mercury tomorrow. Personally i hope not, however knocky is no where near the finished article and for his own sake this will be a pivitol season for him.

He will need to prove to the footballing world that he is capable of playing at the highest level and if he screws it this season then he may just disapear. Its up to him.

He needs to keep his head firmly on the ground. It's a shame because he seemed to be one of the most passionate players for us over the past couple of years. Let's hope Pearson puts him in place.

No surprise. With Knockaert it's always about Knockaert not the team.

That may be true of other players up & down the land, but it's rare to be as overt as what exudes from Knockaert's every pore.

He's got some talent in his boots, but his ego is a different level... At least until he's done the business at this level

People need a bit of perspective, he's a very young, ambitious kid. His comments may be misguided but they're honest. He's not Leicester born and bred, we can't expect him to want to be here forever and have our love for the club.

If our success matches his ambition I'm sure he'd happily stay. But what young player his age doesn't dream of being picked up by a champions league club or playing with the best players in the world?

Nothing in it for me. Some stupid over reactions here.

I don't think Tony is good enough to move on to a bigger club because there are too many flaws in his game but he should be good enough for Leicester City at present.

Riyad on the other hand...

Archived