Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Knockaert Interview

I'm sure Nigel will deal with it in a calm and collected manner rather than sticking him on the first Dover to Calais ferry like some people in this thread seem to be suggesting!

Quite. A bit of sensible man management from Pearson is needed. If he does have an attitude problem then maybe we should think about moving him on but that options a long way down the line.

People need a bit of perspective, he's a very young, ambitious kid. His comments may be misguided but they're honest. He's not Leicester born and bred, we can't expect him to want to be here forever and have our love for the club.

If our success matches his ambition I'm sure he'd happily stay. But what young player his age doesn't dream of being picked up by a champions league club or playing with the best players in the world?

Nothing in it for me. Some stupid over reactions here.

It may be a mistranslation, but in the interview he says he doesn't want to extend the contract he currently has at the end of THIS year. I hope it's not true, but that indicates he'll be gone by the summer.

People need a bit of perspective, he's a very young, ambitious kid. His comments may be misguided but they're honest. He's not Leicester born and bred, we can't expect him to want to be here forever and have our love for the club.

If our success matches his ambition I'm sure he'd happily stay. But what young player his age doesn't dream of being picked up by a champions league club or playing with the best players in the world?

Nothing in it for me. Some stupid over reactions here.

There's nothing wrong with being an ambitious kid or thinking these things, but it's disrespectful as anything to say them openly in an interview, especially as he effectively says that if we hadn't been promoted in 3 years he'd jog off to the next most promising club and he still hasn't extended his contract now with a year left whilst practically everybody else has. No problem thinking it but if he's trying to maintain the illusion that he's passionate for Leicester as he had been doing up until now you'd imagine he'd think twice before saying it to some journalist.

His attitude has always been poor, fame and ego driven, just look at his twitter. He is like a spoilt kid, as I said in a thread a couple of weeks ago he needs to show some maturity or will be off. You could easily see how he could rub his team-mates up the wrong way, all of which is such a shame as the kid possesses some great skill and potential.

Mahrez proved last year, and so far this, that he is a better player already.

Schlupp has come on leaps and bounds, and again looks a better player.

Albrighton is the most 'prem experienced' winger in the squad, and is better defensively.

Knocky - 4th choice...and completely overrated.

Where you heard this??

jamesmilner doesn't know what he is talking about, probably the most irritating poster on Foxes Talk. I'm not saying it's not happened, but there's definitely no point in paying any attention to anything he says.

Sad to hear/read this if it is all true. The maddening thing with Anthony K is that he has so much potential but he often tries just that little bit too hard, but, he could be a really good player. No excuse for inappropriate behaviour though and as I say, if that is true, Nigel won't tolerate it from what has gone before.

Such a shame.

The interviewer posed it to him in that form, he hardly went out of his way to say it. What's wrong with ambition for the young lad anyway? He always plays with passion and wears his heart on his sleeve, has created some magic moments in his time at the club so far.

NP came out with an interesting line towards the end of his Stringer interview. Talking about tomorrow's deadline (and whether or not we'll do any business or not), he said something along the lines of "perhaps Anthony might tip you the wink". Seemed light-hearted though, and he's spoken in the past that managing AK presents its challenges.

When all's said and done, he's a great talent, but someone who is always likely to be held back due to a lack of genuine pace. His attitude is questionable at times (there were a lot of Gallic shrugs and flailing arms on Tuesday, as there were in pre-season last year), but he's young and, to my mind, very immature. There might be an elment of the interview that was lost in translation, and training ground bust-ups are common place. Don't rule out NP getting the best out of him. One thing's for sure though, he won't suffer any funny stuff.

jamesmilner doesn't know what he is talking about, probably the most irritating poster on Foxes Talk. I'm not saying it's not happened, but there's definitely no point in paying any attention to anything he says.

Fair enough. It was confirmed by Steve_Walsh the poster! :)

Suppose it was extremely naive to think a player who has received nothing but support and also great individual support throughout his years here, including through his play off disaster, to appreciate the club.

If we are being brutally honest, all footballers are complete *****. We love the club but the individuals come and go and you could probably count on your hand the amount of players who genuinely end up loving the club. Might be an unpopular opinion but even someone like Liam Moore who never supported us, sees us a stepping stone and nothing more.

You only have the look at southampton. Players that had been shown nothing but support and loyalty from manager and fans but as the club progresses, do they stick by them or move on for personal gain?

Its just an interview inside the mind of a footballer and as we all feared, there is nothing but greed, self importance and disloyalty.

In relation to the interview he has been very naive and shown his age and that he needs to mature. I'm pretty sure most of our younger players are praying for a champions league club to come in and want to sign them one day. But they are proving on the pitch that they are top players, whereas Knockaert is not and openly saying it to the media instead.

Why are people being so precious about that interview lol I would be worried about a player if they didn't have aspirations to play for the Premier League big boys. He maybe didn't put it across in the best way, but English isn't his first language and it may have been lost in translation. Leicester can provide great experience for him, but as a professional footballer, I wouldn't expect him to turn down an offer to play for a bigger club, however much he loves Leicester. He should always be looking to better himself, as long as he continues to play his heart out while he wears our shirt. 

NP came out with an interesting line towards the end of his Stringer interview. Talking about tomorrow's deadline (and whether or not we'll do any business or not), he said something along the lines of "perhaps Anthony might tip you the wink". Seemed light-hearted though, and he's spoken in the past that managing AK presents its challenges.

When all's said and done, he's a great talent, but someone who is always likely to be held back due to a lack of genuine pace. His attitude is questionable at times (there were a lot of Gallic shrugs and flailing arms on Tuesday, as there were in pre-season last year), but he's young and, to my mind, very immature. There might be an elment of the interview that was lost in translation, and training ground bust-ups are common place. Don't rule out NP getting the best out of him. One thing's for sure though, he won't suffer any funny stuff.

I thought he was talking about the media guy at LCFC? Could be wrong. 

Why are people being so precious about that interview lol I would be worried about a player if they didn't have aspirations to play for the Premier League big boys. He maybe didn't put it across in the best way, but English isn't his first language and it may have been lost in translation. Leicester can provide great experience for him, but as a professional footballer, I wouldn't expect him to turn down an offer to play for a bigger club, however much he loves Leicester. He should always be looking to better himself, as long as he continues to play his heart out while he wears our shirt. 

French is though and it was a French interview

Archived