Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Knockaert Interview

Feel sorry for the guy. How was he to know Tim Berners Lee would develop the world wide web in 1989, a full 25 years before this interview thus allowing all and sundry to see his words. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

BERNERS LEE OUT

Quite a few idiots on this thread jumping to conclusions without having a clue of any circumstances. He's always come across as wanting to do his best for Leicester.

Personally, I think that he's not quick enough for the PL and he gives the ball away far too often, but some of the comments are OTT.  

Not bothered at all about the interview. Hasn't he said that before anyway? Look - he's not very bright, and he does think a lot of himself - that's quite obvious. But I've always thought he works hard on the pitch, and he respects the fans. So what if he wants to move onto bigger things? I can tell you the likes of Drinky, Mahrez and yes - Cambiasso (in a coaching role perhaps) think the same.

Finnegan is right - the only difference is he's honest about it. As long as he works hard for us and plays well I don't care.

If he's chinned one of his team mates he'll be rightly punished. He's not the first footballer to do it and he won't be the last, Claridge and Parker used to scrap with their manager ffs.

He does need to work on his attitude, and his form. But christ, get over it you bunch of pussies. This can all be resolved with an apology, a handshake, a head butt/stern talking to from Nigel, and a fine.

I can't believe people are writing off his Leicester City career.

Whether or not those comments were seen by Nigel, and that's the reason he was left out today who knows, but if it wasn't he deserved to be left out anyway.

I didn't go on Tuesday, but a lot of comments said he was shit, and the woman I sit next to today said she went to the Shrewsbury game, and he was by far the worst player.

I loved the kid in his first season, but towards the end of last season my opinions just started to change, there's been players that have really frustrated me in the past, but Knockaert has to be right near the top of that list unfortunately. 

Hogs the ball, doesn't play the right passes, thinks he can take five players on, it all became too frustrating, and against Everton there were glimpses of exactly the same, and by comments he was just woeful against Shrewsbury. 

As the saying goes, No player is bigger than the club, and right now Knockaert is acting like he is bigger than the club.

I thought he was talking about the media guy at LCFC? Could be wrong.

That was my first thought as well, but I don't know who "the media guy" is. I also heard about the training ground episode this afternoon, and having now seen the interview it would make sense if the comment was directed at AK. Open to misinterpretation though - a bit like the interview!

Who would he have been on the bench in place of? Possibly Albrighton...but why would you choose a player who had a stinker in midweek over an experienced Premier player?

I perhaps would've had only one striker on the bench, in Vardy and dropped Wood for Knockaert.

He has changed a lot I found an old article when he was at Guingamp

http://www.footmercato.net/ligue2/entretien-avec-anthony-knockaert-un-interet-de-newcastle-c-est-sur-que-c-est-flatteur_79192

FM: Can you tell us about your background?

AK: I started in Wasquehal, where I stayed for one year. Then I went to Leers, a small village. Lens picked me, I signed five years there. They were ultimately not kept me, they told me I was too small. So I left Belgium, Mouscron, two years. I wanted to return to French football, so I was in 18 years Lesquin. I alternated between the CFA and 18 national. And then I had the choice between Guingamp and Amiens, and I chose Guingamp. I did a year CFA2, then National, and there in Ligue 2 it's going well.

FM: What are your main characteristics of a field?

AK: I never missed a beat, I am someone who is always there for the team. I think this is one of my qualities. After that I think have some technical ease.

FM: Do you have any models, players that inspire you?

AK: Yes, Zidane and Messi.

FM: Your visiting Belgium motivated you to return to France. Why?

AK: The Belgian football appealed to me, it allowed me to revive me, to give me good in my head. I will not deny that on leaving Lens, I wanted to stop football and it was my father who encouraged me to continue, and he told me not to release. I was disgusted, and it allowed me to revive me. But I wanted to impose myself in France.

FM: Lens will not keep you because you were too small, that argument is often heard in France while Barca sparkles with small jigs. How do you explain that one attaches to both the template in France?

AK: We see that more and more big clubs need small templates that can make a difference, so it's unfortunate. But I think the clubs are now realizing it, and that's good for the generations that are coming. They will begin to see that it is not always consistent to have as large and small jigs leave aside.

FM: You joined Guingamp in 2009 why your choice is it focused on this club?

AK: Guingamp, for me, it's always been a good club. Good players have been there.When Xavier Gravelaine recruited me, I said I was going to a club I would succeed. And I am not wrong, I'm glad I signed here.

FM: How do you feel today at Forward?

AK: I feel good, frankly. When I arrived, they welcomed me really well. I could make my hole now. Last year, I was welcomed into the actual pro, they put me in the best conditions for me to succeed. I'm fine here, the staff is pleased with me.

FM: Yes, you make a good season in Ligue 2, either individually or collectively as elsewhere ...

AK: Yes, as of today, I'm starting to get really smooth. I continue dating for the past 10-12 games, the coach trusts me. Personally, I feel really good and I go, the better I feel.Collectively, we are fourth. We will try to continue and already maintain as soon as possible. Something else will be considered later.

FM: What are your ambitions for the rest of the season?

AK: As an individual, I will try to be more efficient and make better stats. For now, I'm three league goals and three to four assists, I'll try to increase these stats. Even if I make good games, try to do more and so I try to learn from my mistakes to progress. It is only the way I have. Collectively, although it is fourth, the goal maintenance. Do not get carried away, there are only three points away from fourth to tenth, we must take it one match at a time.

FM: Newcastle monitors your performance. What is it exactly?

AK: They are in touch with my agent. Now, I take care of my work and nothing else. My agent does not put all that in my head so I can move forward in the best way. He lets me work, I do not take myself too head. I do my job, many young burn steps and burn themselves, so I'm not taking my head.

FM: Still, it must be gratifying to see that this club is following you?

AK: Yes, for sure it's flattering. We were always told me that hard work paid, and it proves today. I will not let go for a day to be at the highest level. But now I work for the group, I try to go to staff the confidence it gives me.

FM: And then there are fine examples of success in Guingamp, between Bakary Kone, Florent Malouda and Didier Drogba much ...

AK: Yes! Always use such examples to move forward, to listen older to gain experience.Only way I could move forward.

•  

Don't care about the springboard thing. That's just to be expected. He's trying to big himself up in the media because that's the kind of kid he is. It's that same flashy arrogance that makes him an occasionally brilliant player, so you've got to take the rough with the smooth.

The bit about not wanting to sign a new contract, if translated correctly, is more alarming because if it's true we should be looking to offload now for a half decent fee. Trouble is I don't know where he would go. He'd do well to find a bigger club than us willing to take him on at present. He hasn't shown anything yet to suggest he's got a future in any top division.

I don't care if any of our players see us a step to a bigger future, I mean what player doesn't dream of playing for the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Man Utd? However what is not acceptable is saying it in public through the media and saying things like "I won't be extending my contract" is a recipe for disaster. Nigel will be raging and rightly so.

It's ok, he'll never play for a top club in the Premier League anyway, he doesn't have the intelligence or pace.

He comes across as a child at times, but I'm filing this under 'misguided' and ''misinterpreted' and moving on. He's dedicated on the pitch and that's all that matters.

Don't care about the springboard thing. That's just to be expected. He's trying to big himself up in the media because that's the kind of kid he is. It's that same flashy arrogance that makes him an occasionally brilliant player, so you've got to take the rough with the smooth.

The bit about not wanting to sign a new contract, if translated correctly, is more alarming because if it's true we should be looking to offload now for a half decent fee. Trouble is I don't know where he would go. He'd do well to find a bigger club than us willing to take him on at present. He hasn't shown anything yet to suggest he's got a future in any top division.

Pretty sure that part is translated incorrectly and he says that he doesn't think he will turn down a contract, but if somebody who's actually French wants to correct me carry on

Archived