Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

Biggest club in the Midlands?

We've been the biggest club in the East Midlands for a long time.

Last East Midlands club to win a trophy, last East Midlands club to play in Europe, highest attendances and the only current East Midlands club in the Premier League. The sepia tinted successes of Derby and Forest are long forgotten by all neutrals now.

Considering the size of Birmingham and the fact that Birmingham City hardly average huge gates, the attendances Villa get are sloppy at best.

Having lived here for 9 months, I find it plain odd that one of the teams isn't at least competing in the top 8 of the PL. The only explanation I can come to is that Brum is slowly going through a change from a working class city to a city of the underclass/middle class.

The working class took a massive hit when the industries closed down including the likes of Rover/MG. Increasingly if you are the average person on the average wage you will have probably been pushed out into the outskirts of Brum as the desire able areas are so expensive (and contain virtually no Brummies) and the non so nice areas you wouldn't want your worst enemy living in. Villa fans come from towns such as Lichfield, Sutton Coldfield etc etc

If Moseley Rugby Club got major backing, they would be a huge success.

Villa.

Villa have often been regarded by many as the biggest Midlands club, both from the point of view of crowds and honours.

However, they have had a lean few years and I can see us pushing them for who gets the biggest crowds this season. They should end up higher as they have a bigger capacity, but this could be the start of a new era for us.

Let's dream.

Premier survival this year.

Further advances with the team next year.

Ground expansion in 3 yrs to 42,000.

Established in top 8 in 5 years.

Ground expanded to 50,000 in 7 yrs .

10yrs time Champions of Europe.

Ok, I got a bit carried away there, sitting in the doctors waiting room waiting for him to look at my knee, I'm bored.

• 2 months later...

We've been the biggest club in the East Midlands for a long time.

Last East Midlands club to win a trophy, last East Midlands club to play in Europe, highest attendances and the only current East Midlands club in the Premier League. The sepia tinted successes of Derby and Forest are long forgotten by all neutrals now.

technically derby county was the last team to win a trophy, beating forest to 5-0 to raise the famous trophy

Archived