Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

Biggest club in the Midlands?

Villa have often been regarded by many as the biggest Midlands club, both from the point of view of crowds and honours.

However, they have had a lean few years and I can see us pushing them for who gets the biggest crowds this season. They should end up higher as they have a bigger capacity, but this could be the start of a new era for us.

Let's dream.

Premier survival this year.

Further advances with the team next year.

Ground expansion in 3 yrs to 42,000.

Established in top 8 in 5 years.

Ground expanded to 50,000 in 7 yrs .

10yrs time Champions of Europe.

Ok, I got a bit carried away there, sitting in the doctors waiting room waiting for him to look at my knee, I'm bored.

You should get him to feel your bumps mate !

We aint even biggest in EAST mids.

Quicker we realise the better for all...

Who is then?

Besides each other in their pathetic little circle-jerk, Derby and Forest are irrelevant, Notts County are barely a blip on the radar, likewise Mansfield and Chesterfield...

Fair play to us though, getting bigger crowds than a club like Villa is class.

Villa had 17k empty seats last night. We've only ever had that once in our stadium because of the snow v Middlesbrough. 

For our relative lack of success, and with neighbours who've had domestic and European success, I think our crowds are good. To get 24k average and one crowd below 20k in a relegation to the third tier season is impressive stuff.

Villa easily.

Derby are also a bigger club than us....Higher average attendance for both them and forest this season compared with ours last season.

So are forest.

Villa

forest

derby

Leicester

Anyone who thinks otherwise is just completely biased.

Villa easily.

Derby are also a bigger club than us....Higher average attendance for both them and forest this season compared with ours last season.

lol

They have had 9 home games in the league so far with another 14 to go it's not even December and attendances ALWAYS drop off during the cold months so best to wait until the end of the season to make that comparison

Villa easily.

So are forest.

Villa

forest

derby

Leicester

Anyone who thinks otherwise is just completely biased.

What was that Wonderstuff song... Oh yes,welcome to the cheap seats,welcome to the cheap seats..fits Derby perfectly.

Who is then?

Besides each other in their pathetic little circle-jerk, Derby and Forest are irrelevant, Notts County are barely a blip on the radar, likewise Mansfield and Chesterfield...

like corky says if it was over 20 yeats it'd be us.BUT historically its Forest and Derby above us.We aint eon The FA Cup, or the top league or in Europe.We can try and pretend it didnt happen and harp on about it being 40 odd years ago but its there in the history books.

like corky says if it was over 20 yeats it'd be us.BUT historically its Forest and Derby above us.We aint eon The FA Cup, or the top league or in Europe.We can try and pretend it didnt happen and harp on about it being 40 odd years ago but its there in the history books.

The double is in prestons history books, wolves used to be one of the best teams in Europe, Huddersfield have won the top league. History is good, but when you've fallen so far from it, it holds no bearing anymore.

It goes:

1. Villa
  2. Forest (sorry but true)

Then in joint third it’s that splurge of middling midlands clubs like WBA, Birmingham, Wolves, Derby, Stoke and us.

Whoever is ‘biggest’ out of this lot depends largely on who is doing the best at the time.

Then it’s Cov. Poor poor Cov.

So where do you stop?

.Wheres the cut off point??!

Who decides whos bigger?

who makes the criteria for massiveness?...

and lastly...who really cares...???

I'd say it needs to at least be memorable to the majority of fans - For forests european cup wins you need to be at least 40 to have any memory of it at all, and 50-55+ to remember it clearly. Aston Villa won the european cup more recently, but I don't think anyone would say that makes them a big club.

I'd say it needs to at least be memorable to the majority of fans - For forests european cup wins you need to be at least 40 to have any memory of it at all, and 50-55+ to remember it clearly. Aston Villa won the european cup more recently, but I don't think anyone would say that makes them a big club.

That's a bit like making a table out of a cricket bat.

Villa’s always been a big club. It is weird though how their European Cup win doesn’t seem as memorable as Forest’s win.

I spose cos Villa are a big club their fans don’t feel the need to constantly shove it down your throat - unlike our local ‘not rivals’ from up the road who can’t go more than 5 sentences without mentioning it.

That's a bit like making a table out of a cricket bat.

Villa’s always been a big club. It is weird though how their European Cup win doesn’t seem as memorable as Forest’s win.

I spose cos Villa are a big club their fans don’t feel the need to constantly shove it down your throat - unlike our local ‘not rivals’ from up the road who can’t go more than 5 sentences without mentioning it.

And why do Forest need to bang on about it when it's in the distant past? Because they've done nothing else of note. They're like Huddersfield - a couple of very good years which are quite far into the past now, and nothing since. Two good years and nothing else in over a century is not a big team.

Archived