Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Jeffrey Schlupp...yes or no?

he has everything Lloyd Dyer has with the added ability to cross, how many of you were wanking regularly over Lloyd last season? Jeff deserves his place in the team, needs to work on his consistency but that'll come with games

I wouldn't say he has the ability to cross regularly, to be honest. Put in a beautiful cross today, but how often does he do that? Also, Lloyd improved his finishing dramatically in his final season, which was probably a lot better than Jeff's.

However, Jeff still has loads of time to improve on these things, which I'm sure he will.

I wouldn't say he has the ability to cross regularly, to be honest. Put in a beautiful cross today, but how often does he do that? Also, Lloyd improved his finishing dramatically in his final season, which was probably a lot better than Jeff's.

However, Jeff still has loads of time to improve on these things, which I'm sure he will.

not so much this season so far but even last year when he was at left back Jeff was putting in some great crosses that chance against Everton aside I would back Jeff to score more chances than Dyer as well

One of my favourite players at the minute.

Yes he missed that one on one against Everton, but when we brought him on his pace troubled them. I thought he was excellent against Chelsea, one of our better players, troubled Ivanovic a few times made some very intelligent passes, and did a job defensively. Same again today, his decision making at times wasn't the best, but he also did some good things as well like getting that brilliant assist, even though Konchesky has held his own so far & looked good himself, Schlupp is capable of tracking back and doing a job whenever Konchesky is out of position, and we seen that today from him, tracked back and did a solid job.

Right now I think he deserves to be in the starting 11. 

Without Schlupp today we would have lost one -nil . That is a fact. Here is another fact , you can pontificate all you like but Pearson is the manager you are not . Another fact, people on here judging Schlupp should take in to consideration you also are NOT the manager , and there is a reason for that. Just think about that before posting any more  supercilious hypothetical nonsense that you normally do. :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :pearson:   

Without Schlupp today we would have lost one -nil . That is a fact. Here is another fact , you can pontificate all you like but Pearson is the manager you are not . Another fact, people on here judging Schlupp should take in to consideration you also are NOT the manager , and there is a reason for that. Just think about that before posting any more  supercilious hypothetical nonsense that you normally do. :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :pearson:

It's not fact, the person playing in his place could have made three.

To be honest, I'm still kind of confused what to make of Schlupp. Konchesky has been playing surprisingly well at LB so far and the tandem on the left with Schlupp further up front works very well.

Since we can all mostly agree that Schlupp will hardly ever feature as a striker in a Leicester shirt again, he's developing into a young Lloyd Dyer. And he's filling out that role rather neatly, I have to add. If only he could work some more on his finishing - both today as well as against Everton, he directed his shots... way past the opposing goal.

To be honest, I'm still kind of confused what to make of Schlupp. Konchesky has been playing surprisingly well at LB so far and the tandem on the left with Schlupp further up front works very well.

Since we can all mostly agree that Schlupp will hardly ever feature as a striker in a Leicester shirt again, he's developing into a young Lloyd Dyer. And he's filling out that role rather neatly, I have to add. If only he could work some more on his finishing - both today as well as against Everton, he directed his shots... way past the opposing goal.

that will come with increased composure, but that comes with playing games

Considering how little full first team football Schlupp has had there are plenty of positives and plenty of scope for improvement. Think he is talented but just lacks that intelligence at times. Is showing a lot of qualities at the moment and certainly deserves the starting spot he seems to have cemented!

Always wondered why it's taken him so long to play in the LM position. Indecisive with being a full back or a striker... Best thing? Play in between. Knew he'd play at his best in that position. Keep him for now I say or play him every other game.

I think rotation is a smart idea. Keeps everyone refreshed and satisfied.

It's a yes for me .....

Of course he's frustrating sometimes .... His decision making and his composure sometimes badly let him down .... but he's 21!!!! 

At 23 with a couple of years in the prem under his belt and he'll be awesome.

One thing I think when I look at Jeff is how much Vardy improved and he's 27. Just shows potential can be found at any age from 16 through to 30 and if schlupp can be similar to the player vardy is by the age of 23 with a solid season think about the player were gonna have on our hands when he is at the age of 26/27.

Yes.

Has so much pace! At times he just looks like he's walking past players. He's tireless and so far has been an asset both defensively and in attack. He's strong also!

If only he could become more consistent with his end product! Today he put in a decent cross for ulloas goal but also has the tendency to spoon the ball, like his shot against Everton and one of his crosses today which went straight out of play.

He was awesome today and instrumental in our win, not so much going forward, although that cross was just world class and demonstrated why we paid so much for Ulloa.

Defensively him and Konch were awesome, he was always back there helping out, as was Mahrez on the other side. We just looked so solid defensively against an irresistible midfield and 2 very attacking full backs. Schlupp ran himself into the ground today and I thought he would go off for Albrighton, wasn't surprised he went a few minutes later. Looked dead on his feet.

He was my man of the match today until he went off, just immense.

Yes, on balance. Needs to work on his decision making and his inconsistency (his first two crosses were ridiculous then sublime). I just want him to run at people more, he's got the pace and good close control skills.

There's enough to work with in him to see a good player.

He was awesome today and instrumental in our win, not so much going forward, although that cross was just world class and demonstrated why we paid so much for Ulloa.

Defensively him and Konch were awesome, he was always back there helping out, as was Mahrez on the other side. We just looked so solid defensively against an irresistible midfield and 2 very attacking full backs. Schlupp ran himself into the ground today and I thought he would go off for Albrighton, wasn't surprised he went a few minutes later. Looked dead on his feet.

He was my man of the match today until he went off, just immense.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news...!!

His cross for the goal would've made Beckham blush, but he also put in 2 or 3 poor balls. Sums him up. I forget he's still 21 though. Rough diamond. 

Archived