Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Nick Powell confirmed by SSN

I think the role he will play will be very similar to Lampard for Chelsea, or at least I think that's the position that will best use his strengths. He's a good long passer but his biggest strength is a terrific shot that should see him score 5-10 goals a season if used well. Although having said that about the 'lampard role', the player he most reminds me of is Le Tissier. Great potential but it remains to be seen if he can fulfil that...

Looking forward to seeing him play. Would have preferred a permanent deal, but I doubt Man Utd would have let him go.

Gives us a year to sell the club to him and then he'll be begging to make it permanent.....

:ph34r:

I think the role he will play will be very similar to Lampard for Chelsea, or at least I think that's the position that will best use his strengths. He's a good long passer but his biggest strength is a terrific shot that should see him score 5-10 goals a season if used well. Although having said that about the 'lampard role', the player he most reminds me of is Le Tissier. Great potential but it remains to be seen if he can fulfil that...

Thanks Eddie. We will take either of the 2 players you mentioned as his upside.  If he does become a Lampard (I think Powell is faster than Frank ever was) or even better a modern day Le Tissier we will be very happy fans.

Interesting that on the Wigan forums some people were saying that for most of the season he was their best player by far, but towards the end his performances were very lackluster. Also apparently he was one of the worst players for Man U against MK Dons so hopefully he can get his form back.

100% an upgrade to Nugent.

Pearson will get the best out of him. I lived in Crewe during his time there and after watching him I knew he would be a star.

Depending on his attitude and if he's willing to put a shift in every week he could possibly be our player of the season going forward.

As happy with this as I was with cambiasso!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that just made my night day. :D

Welcome to the club, Nick!

Care to impress and hopefully, we can sign you on a permanent after the loan spell.

If you can retrieve your early form and find back to your roots and basic strengths, you'll help us no end.

Not seen him a huge amount, but when I did I thought he was excellent for United. I think there was one particular Euro game where he came on and looked the best player on the pitch.

Concerns about whether his mentality is right, drink driving conviction and a few comments about him not being 100% committed. But it's a loan so Nigel will be able to get a good look at that, if it's not right he won't play.

Archived