Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

This Summer's Transfer Business

On face value looks like good buisness, some good signings without being spectacular, some at the end of their career, some at the beginning, so balance seems good.

Only time will tell how well we did in the transfer market as the season plays out, I'm sure not all will be a success this season, but we seem to be buying for the future, with a bit of experience brought in aswell.

On face value looks like good buisness, some good signings without being spectacular, some at the end of their career, some at the beginning, so balance seems good.

Only time will tell how well we did in the transfer market as the season plays out, I'm sure not all will be a success this season, but we seem to be buying for the future, with a bit of experience brought in aswell.

From what I can tell, the majority of our recent signings are either at the start of their career or just about reaching their peak, with only two nearing the end of their footballing life (Upson, Cambiasso).

Which all in all, is an exciting mixture adding to a promising outlook.

Kasper

Simpson

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Cambiasso

Mahrez

Drinkwater

King

Vardy

Ulloa

Subs

Hamer

Wasyl

James

Powell

Knockaert

Albrighton

Nuge

What a bench and it doesn't even include Schlupp, Hammond, De laet, lawrence, Wood, Upson - incredible

Strange how Vardy's not in his most threatening position, Knockaert's on the bench over Schlupp, who should be starting, and de Laet's now suddenly second choice to Simpson rather than the other way around?

Which ever way you look at it we are still short of experienced premiership players. We are on a roll at the moment and playing well enough to stop up, but bringing in Man united kids who did not make the grade is very risky indeed . When the injuries start to happen that is when we will really know if the players Nigel has brought in will be good enough.

Which ever way you look at it we are still short of experienced premiership players. We are on a roll at the moment and playing well enough to stop up, but bringing in Man united kids who did not make the grade is very risky indeed . When the injuries start to happen that is when we will really know if the players Nigel has brought in will be good enough.

a) They're not kids

b) They did not make the grade so far because Manchester United's buying policy is a joke at the moment - going for big names from abroad, purchasing starters so to speak. They'll be biting their arses when they see how Lawrence and Powell have developed at Leicester and curse themselves for letting them go (provided we can buy Powell off them at one point in the near future)

c) Both Lawrence and Powell will feature sparsely this season and not start every single game.

I can't see how that can be classified as "risky".

All in all, gather all your fears and unwarranted negativity and take it somewhere else.

Strange how Vardy's not in his most threatening position, Knockaert's on the bench over Schlupp, who should be starting, and de Laet's now suddenly second choice to Simpson rather than the other way around?

It's only my opinion. I went for vardy as an inside forward on that left hand side. Not as a left winger and IMO he's better than nuge. De laet looked shaky for me, my season ticket holder mate at Newcastle rates Simpson and says he is defensively sound therefore I went for him. Knockaert and schlupp was a tricky one but again it's my opinion. No need to jump down my neck because you don't agree with me!

The point with all these different potential line ups and benches is that, since before the signing of Cambiasso, we've added 4 players to the squad and now have no end of options. Seems like a great squad with cover in every position (CB is one I potentially worry about) and so much competition for places. 

It's only my opinion. I went for vardy as an inside forward on that left hand side. Not as a left winger and IMO he's better than nuge. De laet looked shaky for me, my season ticket holder mate at Newcastle rates Simpson and says he is defensively sound therefore I went for him. Knockaert and schlupp was a tricky one but again it's my opinion. No need to jump down my neck because you don't agree with me!

Not jumping down your neck, just though that it was strange and wondered what your thought process was, which you've given

Kasper

Delaet

Moore

Morgan

Konchesky

Cambiasso

Drinkwater

James

Mahrez

Nugent

Vardy

Subs: Simpson, Was, Knockaert, Schluup, Powell, Hamer, Albrighton

Not making the squad; Hammond, Upson, GTF, King, Wood, Lawrence,

Looking at the quality not even making the 18, you can see we have real depth now. Many will have difference line ups but to have 6 players who have played first team not making the bench each week, gives confidence we can cover a few injuries or suspensions now

The fact it's really hard to pick an 18 now without feeling bad for not starting someone or for not even picking them in the squad is a great headache to have.

Personally, this is what I would go with as our main team:

Kasper

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Mahrez

Drinkwater

James

Schlupp

Vardy

Ulloa

Subs:

Hamer

King

Wasyl

Nugent

Cambiasso

Simpson

Albrighton

That means Hammond, Powell, Lawrence, Wood, GTF, Knocky miss out (can't think of anything else).

Even though I do like Knocky I think he has a lot to learn, which is why Nigel left him out at the weekend.

Not only is that first XI exciting but it has real pace and athleticism. Vardy can easily play the Nuge role. He has the stamina to do so and the pace to cause a few more problems and I feel he just has to start now he is fit (same with Drinky and James).

Some players may play themselves into the team but for now that is my favourite 18.

Sensible spending on well thought out targets. Only players ive seen being transferred in the window and been slightly envious or thought they would have fit in well at Leicester would have been Sebastien Coates as cover or Sandro.

The fact it's really hard to pick an 18 now without feeling bad for not starting someone or for not even picking them in the squad is a great headache to have.

Personally, this is what I would go with as our main team:

Kasper

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Mahrez

Drinkwater

James

Schlupp

Vardy

Ulloa

Subs:

Hamer

King

Wasyl

Nugent

Cambiasso

Simpson

Albrighton

That means Hammond, Powell, Lawrence, Wood, GTF, Knocky miss out (can't think of anything else).

Even though I do like Knocky I think he has a lot to learn, which is why Nigel left him out at the weekend.

Not only is that first XI exciting but it has real pace and athleticism. Vardy can easily play the Nuge role. He has the stamina to do so and the pace to cause a few more problems and I feel he just has to start now he is fit (same with Drinky and James).

Some players may play themselves into the team but for now that is my favourite 18.

Some will be left out for now, but it's a long season, and we will pick up injuries, but what we have now is strength in depth.

Pearson will have a headache when they are all fit, but it's a good headache to have, and when players have fatigue, he can now rotate the squad

With a lot of signings joining Leicester not to sit on the bench how do you think this will effect the team as a whole, the team is playing well and many of the lads will feel they have no reason to be dropped, could it be a problem? or do you think its a good problem to create players fighting to get in the squad?

As soon as we got promoted I said that this window would make or break our season, this is the first time NP has dealt with the pressures of building a prem team and dealing with the agents and press and the money that comes with the Premier League.

A mini injury crisis exposed the lack of depth we have, but the first 3 games showed that we actually have the core of a very good team that can hold its own in the top flight. Ulloa has been a crucial signing as we lacked an aerial presence in both boxes.

The other additions have been sensible, players with something to prove, Albrighton and Simpson, players with experience Cambiasso and Upson, young players coming through Lawrence and Powell and additions to our development squad and a much needed back-up to Kasper. 

I think we have done great business bringing in quality and depth without unsettling the balance of the squad and the team spirit, and we well set for next season too.

With a lot of signings joining Leicester not to sit on the bench how do you think this will effect the team as a whole, the team is playing well and many of the lads will feel they have no reason to be dropped, could it be a problem? or do you think its a good problem to create players fighting to get in the squad?

I think a lot of the players we've signed will actually expect to be on the bench at times. Hamer knew what he was signing up for, Upson is aging and wouldn't play every game if fit, same for Was. Wood, Schlupp, King, Hammond, GTF were all used to plenty of time on the bench last year, Powell and Lawrence will also not expect to be in the team every week being young players. Simpson wasn't first choice at QPR  so he's swapping one bench for another.

I think the recruitment has actually been fairly smart in that respect.

I think a greater problem will be them pushing out established players, we have not signed anyone used to being a first team regular in the prem, with the possible exception of Simpson, but he was surplus to requirements at QPR. So I don't expect any of them to assume they should be starting every game for us.

Nige always gives players a chance and if you deserve to keep your place you will, but he has not been one to rotate players very much and in the Championship he often stuck with the same first 11 and didn't change tactics or personnel for the opposition. Obviously we have a better quality of opposition, so it will be interesting to see how he approaches this season.

Archived