Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Number 19

Very tough one, especially with King and Hammond being so impressive so far. I might argue that it could be worth not having Hamer on the bench to give a space to a more useful outfield option

...or is it like not having breakdown cover? As soon as your AA membership expires, your car goes pop 100 miles from home...

King and Hammond have looked immense, but they have mainly had to be reactive rather than dictate a game, we've had less than 50% possession in every game so far, against Chelsea and Arsenal Hammond and King will look better as their job is to break down the opposition attacks and move the ball on quickly to the flanks to do the creative work.

Hammond has had 0 shots and 2 key passes in 3 matches King a little better with 3 key passes and 2 blocked shots, we need more creativity in midfield when we play the lesser teams in the league. Particular with DD coming back we will see more drive and more creative force in the middle and hopefully better possession as well. I think we will see more from Nugent and the wide players with a bit more drive from the middle.

This is not a criticism of King or Hammond they have been superb but they are different players too Drinkwater and James, Hammond wins the ball and passes it on and holds, King wins the ball passes it and gets forward to receive it further up the field.

If Nige wants he can go 4231 against Man City with Hammond and Cambiasso holding Drinky Mahrez Albrighton playing behind Ulloa (if we want someone to hold it up) or Vardy (if we want a pacy counter attack.) Options, options, options.

What is good is that I am not too concerned if we have a few injuries.

Can we still loan out players to the championship or is that it now? GTF & Wood could really do with going out on loan.

Hammonds a tricky one, I thought he had no chance of making the step up and he does look incredibly slow at times but he has more stature than the likes of James and Drinkwater, who we haven't had chance to see yet if they can perform at this level.

We're going to spend a lot more time of the ball and using a massive amount of energy closing teams down much more than we did in the Championship.

This is where the sports science team will come in to ensure that players aren't overstretched I'd be amazed if we don't use a lot more players than last year and 3 subs will be the norm rather than the exception and they wont be purely tactical so expect some seemingly strange ones.

When everyone is fit, i think it will be as follows:

Schmeichel

De Laet

Konchesky

Moore

Morgan

Mahrez

Albrighton

Cambiasso/James

Drinwkater

Nugent/Vardy

Ulloa

Subs

Hamer

Wasilewski

Cambiasso/James

Nugent/Vardy

Powell

Lawrence/Schlupp

King

I struggle to see Hammond, GTF and even Knocky fitting in. Simpson and De Laet may be rotated but i think he'll always prioritise Wasilewski on the bench as cover for CB

Kasper

Simpson

Morgan

Moore

Koncheskey

Drinkwater

Hammond*

Mahrez

Powell

Schlupp

Ulloa

Subs: Hamer, Was, Cambiasso, Albrighton, Kingy, Nuge, Vardy.

*James in for Hammond if/when he's fit again and is in good form in training.

Weird to thing Knocky and Lawrence wouldn't get into the squad, what depth we have. What a difference a week makes. COYB.

Feel sorry for Hammond, not the most gifted of players but he has given his best with King for the first 3 games but he did look a bit knackered with 20 minutes to go on Sunday. Exciting times and every position now has options and players will have to perform well to keep their place. Think Knocky is the one who will miss out as he doesn't seem to have stepped up.....

Cambiasso, James both on the pitch, and Hammond on the bench, all of whom provide similar options, and no King?

James is nothing like Cambiasso! No way will Cambiasso be able to do the full 90 for a fair while until he is fully fit, and would much rather bring Hammond on to sure up a game rather than King. For me King either starts or doesn't play at all, don't really see what he will add as in 'impact sub' where as Hammond can come on and disrupt the opposition. This is nothing against King who as you rightly said has been top drawer in the 3 games so far. 

James is nothing like Cambiasso! No way will Cambiasso be able to do the full 90 for a fair while until he is fully fit, and would much rather bring Hammond on to sure up a game rather than King. For me King either starts or doesn't play at all, don't really see what he will add as in 'impact sub' where as Hammond can come on and disrupt the opposition. This is nothing against King who as you rightly said has been top drawer in the 3 games so far.

To be fair to Kingy, he'd be a good player to bring on for Hammond/Cambiasso if we're 1 down with 20 to play, he's much more of an attacking force.

Archived