Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Stoke City Pre Match

Kasper

De Laet

Moore 

Morgan

Konchesky

Mahrez

King

Drinkwater

Schlupp

Vardy

Ulloa

Subs

Hamer

Simpson

Was

Cambiasso

Albrighton

Nugent

Powell

Really strong squad, no room for some good players. Harsh on Hammond but would utilise him more against teams we are expected to lose heavily against. 

Team is easy. It's the subs I am unsure about.

Same team, but Drinkwater in for Hammond.

Subs: Hamer, Simpson, Wasyl, Cambiasso, Albrighton, Wood, Vardy

Where to put Powell, James, aaah

Good luck keeping everyone happy Nige

Starting with 2 strikers and now having a stronger squad I think Wood will be out.

So Powell gets that spot don't think he would have come here to not even make the bench.

Not sure Man U would loan him to get no game time at all.

Thinking Wood will go out till xmas to a championship side.

I'd love to know what someone thinks Nugent contributes to the side that Vardy can't. That's no disrespect to Nugent, I just really rate a lot or Vardy's all round game and think he'll compliment Ulloa much more.

Vardy is the better player, but they are different. Nugent fills the space behind Ulloa bolstering the midfield, whilst Vardy will be looking to get play on the last man and get beyond the defence. I'm sure both partnerships will be used this season, but to me they are not necessarily interchangeable in the same formation.

As if people are putting Cambiasso on the bench lolllll you think he came to Leicester to sit on the bench lol

As he has not had a pre season yes why not.

I doubt he could manage 90 mins and rather bring him on when Nige wants to than have to take him off cos he has an empty tank.

Infact it would not surprise me if we did not try to arrange a friendly for him to play in over the weekend or monday.

I imagine cambiasso will walk into the team, he'll have a few weeks to gel with the players in training. Drinky won't want to sit on the bench either, so it's a selection headache that Nigel will have to deal with!

Not sure where Powell fits into the jigsaw, I guess he's preparing for different formations and potential injuries that we've already saw so early this season effect our group. I would drop Hammond, purely because I have no idea how he managed to stay on the pitch against arsenal with the amount of silly fouls he made, but other then that, I can't see any more changes.

I see a few have mentioned Lawrence, I imagine he's been bought for the dev squad, as opposed to our first team? No risk really because he doesn't have to be registered in our final 25 as he's under 21!

Well played Nigel, a lot of options in our team now.. It's a long old season and we're bound to pick up a few knocks here and there. If I was being overly critical about our business it would be that we probably needed another CB, I'd not be surprised if we never saw upson wear the shirt.

Roll on Stoke, I think if we're positive like we have been so far this season we have a real good chance of a win. But Stoke are a different prospect to what many will think, they're not the same team they were under Pulis years ago. Hughes has got them playing some cracking stuff.

I'm predicting a score draw.

Kasper

Rdl

Morgan

Moore

Konch

Mahrez

King

Hammond

Schlupp

Vardy

Ulloa

So same team but Vardy in. Just feel although we've done ok, his pace is really needed and missed when he is out. Last season he won so many penalties he really is dangerous running at people.

Usually I dont really rate Nugent so he'd have to be dropped for Vardy.Think Nugent could actually have a very good impact from the bench. Although Vardy and Nuge is tried and tested and successful.

As for King and Hammond they have played very well so would be extremely unfair to leave either out

Kasper

Rdl

Morgan

Moore

Konch

Mahrez

King

Hammond

Schlupp

Vardy

Ulloa

So same team but Vardy in. Just feel although we've done ok, his pace is really needed and missed when he is out. Last season he won so many penalties he really is dangerous running at people.

Usually I dont really rate Nugent so he'd have to be dropped for Vardy.Think Nugent could actually have a very good impact from the bench. Although Vardy and Nuge is tried and tested and successful.

As for King and Hammond they have played very well so would be extremely unfair to leave either out

As has already been said Nugent's been playing a different role this season and Vardy won't be playing as Nugent has been, would definitely want Vardy playing but I think in Pearson's mind that position's now between Nugent and Powell

Assuming a fully fit squad to pick from:

Schmeichel

De Laet

Moore

Morgan

Konchesky

Mahrez

Drinkwater

King

Schlupp

Vardy (just off)

Ulloa

Bench: Hamer, Simpson, Cambiasso, Albrighton, Powell, James, Nugent

Our squad is looking incredibly strong. Even with minimal changes to the starting 11, im still benching a 50 cap Argentine midfielder, a 20 goal championship striker and James who was one of our players of last season, and thats without Wasilewski even making my bench or Knockaert, and the promising Lawrence to play his part at some point.

The game will be a tough one no doubt, but i do feel like a lot of the "tough place to go" descriptions were based on the crowd being up and the ugly but efective football Tony Pulis would throw at you. These days, Mark Hughes has them playing some better football, so it wont be long throws into the box and high tempo get it forward quickly and look for knockdowns and scraps football. That could play more into our hands certainly. But Stoke are a very decent outfit and with Bojan, Arnautovic, Adam, Odemwingie, Diouf theyve got players who are very technically good.

Stoke would go into the game as favourites, but im confident with a good performance we can pick something up.

I'd love to know what someone thinks Nugent contributes to the side that Vardy can't. That's no disrespect to Nugent, I just really rate a lot or Vardy's all round game and think he'll compliment Ulloa much more.

Nugent and Vardy perform different roles within the team. They’re not really interchangeable just because they’re both called ‘strikers’.

Nugent is essentially an advanced midfielder or ‘No. 10’.  He can drop into the midfield when required to give us five across the middle.

Vardy is a pure striker who lives on the shoulder of the last defender and uses his pace to get in behind them.

With Nugent in the team, we switch seamlessly from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1 as circumstances dictate. This then means that we can play two wingers like Mahrez and Schlupp because Nugent can drop deep to cover.

I’m sure Ulloa/Vardy probably would work well together. But then we’re just playing an old-fashioned and conventional 4-4-2, which has long been considered to be less effective than the 5 man midfield, which generally just streams through the 4-4-2 midfield.

Look at the goal we scored against Arsenal. Nugent pulls out to the left midfield position to play a lovely one-two with Schlupp and puts him in down the left. Cross. Ulloa. Goal. Neither Vardy nor Ulloa will do that.

Nugent’s tremendous workrate and ability to drop between the front and the midfield essentially allows us to play 4-5-2

Kasper

De Laet  Moore  Morgan  Konchesky

Cambiasso

Mahrez  King  Schluup

Nugent   Ulloa

For me id like to see Cambiasso start depending if he is match fit. If not id stick with Hammond. Hammond and King have both been great for us so i wouldnt be disappointed to see them continue in the team.  

i would like to see Vardy return soon but Nugent has been an absolute nuisance to opposition defenses. he has ran his absolute socks off putting defenders under pressure. He has given Ulloa the freedom upfront. I still think Vardy could do with being a sub and coming on after 60 minutes.

Dont know how anyone can drop anyone from the way we have played the last three league games, Vardy and Drinkwater will have to bind there time

Because, with better players, we can play better. Nobody deserves to be dropped but, as has been said, we have match winners coming back to fitness and have to use them.

If we signed Messi or Ronaldo yesterday you'd want them straight in the side, wouldn't you? Our players returning from injury should be viewed the same way. Drinkwater is better than Hammond, Vardy is better than Nugent.

It's harsh but it's fair, especially if we want to make a real impression on the league. Yes, it'll be tricky to manage everyone's expectations in the squad but then nobody said Premiership football would be easy for Pearson and the team.

If Drinkwater is fit to start at Stoke and doesn't, I'll be hugely disappointed.

Kasper

De Laet/Simpson (I've no idea whose best)

Morgan

Moore

Konch

Cambiasso

Drinky

Mahrez

Powell

Schlupp

Ulloa

4-2-3-1

Harsh on King but Drinky is the better player and cambiasso adds experience in the middle third.

Subs: Hamer, wasyl, King, nuge, vardy, knock, Albrighton.

Because, with better players, we can play better. Nobody deserves to be dropped but, as has been said, we have match winners coming back to fitness and have to use them.

If we signed Messi or Ronaldo yesterday you'd want them straight in the side, wouldn't you? Our players returning from injury should be viewed the same way. Drinkwater is better than Hammond, Vardy is better than Nugent.

It's harsh but it's fair, especially if we want to make a real impression on the league. Yes, it'll be tricky to manage everyone's expectations in the squad but then nobody said Premiership football would be easy for Pearson and the team.

If Drinkwater is fit to start at Stoke and doesn't, I'll be hugely disappointed.

So on that basis we drop Da Laet for Simpson and Schlupp for Albrighton??

Football is about a bit more than just picking the best 11 players... If it were that simple then we could just pick the team by a poll on Foxestalk.

You say Vardy is 'better' than Nugent... At what??

Archived