Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Can The Last One Out

Yes its goodbye to this sort of drivel that has been spouted all summer.

'Clubs will have our pants down now our owners have said we have £150 million to spend!' - Well 11 new signings (13 if include re-signing of Nugent & Schmeichel) for the same amount in transfer fees as Ross McCormack - We've really been done over!

'What have our scouting network been doing all summer?' Working on complimenting our existing squad and strengthening area's needed to balance the squad thats what!

'Anything we do now will be panic buys!' (referring to last week of the window) - Cambaisso, Simpson, Powell & Lawrence - Major panic there. NOT!

I have seen Leicester promoted to the top flight of football six times and this group of players are best set that we have had in that time.

Said it at the start of the summer we would be closer to top 10 than bottom 3, seen nothing so far to change my mind.

A short story, I made a statement standing outside the Torch Pub (Wembley) to the people I was with, "Savour this time as it was as good as it gets!" (I went to wembley 7 times and 2 European trips as a fan in my twenty's) now in my 40's

So if you're just in your twenty's then my advice would be enjoy this ride as it won't last for ever and when it's gone you never know when it will comeback. 

We're a long away from the dark days of 2004 - 2007 when we only won a total of 50 matches over 4 season's 

until Jan................

Yes its goodbye to this sort of drivel that has been spouted all summer.

'Clubs will have our pants down now our owners have said we have £150 million to spend!' - Well 11 new signings (13 if include re-signing of Nugent & Schmeichel) for the same amount in transfer fees as Ross McCormack - We've really been done over!

'What have our scouting network been doing all summer?' Working on complimenting our existing squad and strengthening area's needed to balance the squad thats what!

'Anything we do now will be panic buys!' (referring to last week of the window) - Cambaisso, Simpson, Powell & Lawrence - Major panic there. NOT!

I have seen Leicester promoted to the top flight of football six times and this group of players are best set that we have had in that time.

Said it at the start of the summer we would be closer to top 10 than bottom 3, seen nothing so far to change my mind.

A short story, I made a statement standing outside the Torch Pub (Wembley) to the people I was with, "Savour this time as it was as good as it gets!" (I went to wembley 7 times and 2 European trips as a fan in my twenty's) now in my 40's

So if you're just in your twenty's then my advice would be enjoy this ride as it won't last for ever and when it's gone you never know when it will comeback. 

We're a long away from the dark days of 2004 - 2007 when we only won a total of 50 matches over 4 season's 

until Jan................

Well said that man. 

I must admit some of the shite spouted on this forum makes me smile - but then it's a forum and everybody is entitled in their own opinions. At times I actually find it rather entertaining. 

And very true about good times. Like you, I was around for the most recent purple patch under MoN. Must admit I didn't have your foresight (maybe because I was a bit younger than you), but would very much echo that sentiment now. I would encourage everybody to fully enjoy what looks likely to be a good few seasons ahead!

I was in my early teens during the Bloomfield era and that was a fantastic time, The same goes for O Neills era (well past my teens), i have the same feeling for Pearsons current squad and after last seasons heroic efforts i reckon this season will be as exciting...

I really hope this guy is being sarcastic - if not then I think you've lost the plot mate

I think he means some of the comments left on these boards not what NP and the club have done.

Some comments are beyond a joke we are not Man U or Man City and some need to understand that.

We can still sign free agents though can't we?

Defender crisis, we may have to call on Titus Bramble.

Yes we can sign free agents but at this level this late on not sure we should unless they have been playing in a league thats just finished.

Some great comments and like many of you I'm that old I can remember back as far as Bloomfield :-(

The only difference for me is for the first time, we have owmers that won't sell at the first offer and I'm confident that NP can fulfil his ambitions @ LCFC

I'll be honest I did not trust them to start with and took a long time.

But now I am with you on this I do think they are here long haul and will back Nige.

I also think this could now be the start of something big but us fans have to be patient and don't start crowing after a few wins or a few losses.

I'll be honest I did not trust them to start with and took a long time.

But now I am with you on this I do think they are here long haul and will back Nige.

I also think this could now be the start of something big but us fans have to be patient and don't start crowing after a few wins or a few losses.

Tbh I never trusted NP when he returned..but I'm happy to eat humble Crumble if there is custard going

Archived