Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Bakayogo

Played the first 45 minutes in the Friendly against MK Dons, so is now back from injury.  I guess he'll be loaned out again now ?

Also see my post on 'Squad Numbers for new players' - Bakayogo seems to have lost his number (21) in the last few days !!

Strange signing considering his lack of appearances (I know he has had an injury, but prior to that). I don't recall him ever playing a first team game for us in the League? Again, I know he played against Derby in the Cup if I recall correctly.

We have options at left full back excluding Bakayogo. Konchesky, Sclupp and even Simpson and De Laet can all play there.

he was never mentioned when we announced our squad numbers

Wikipedia had him at 21 three days ago - but now they don't have him in the squad list at all (and he's played since) !  I know Wiki can be a bit dodgy - apparently someone (on the thread about squad numbers for the new signings) has said that it had Powell at Number 25 - pointing out that Logan is 25 (I know he's on loan, but loanees keep their numbers, don't they ?)

Ive heard rumours this was not a pearson signing and robinson got him in behind his back.

I thought someone said a while back that Walsh had been scouting him and told Nigel to sign him, then after seeing him in training Nigel didn't fancy him.

Certainly he was sacked off pretty quickly.

Think he'll go on loan to MK Dons, the reason for the friendly was because MK Dons were looking at taking 'one or two' of our players on loan. The only 2 I can think of are Kennedy and Bakayogo. 

The reason for the friendly was for their, and our own match fitness - we wouldn't put out a full team like that just for them to look at a few players to sign on loan...

Pearson putting Bakayogo in that team, is him telling Bakayogo to perform for Leicester and show him why he should still be here. Everyone in that 11 needs to either get fit, stay fit, or prove a point.

Wikipedia had him at 21 three days ago - but now they don't have him in the squad list at all (and he's played since) !  I know Wiki can be a bit dodgy - apparently someone (on the thread about squad numbers for the new signings) has said that it had Powell at Number 25 - pointing out that Logan is 25 (I know he's on loan, but loanees keep their numbers, don't they ?)

he hasn't played since he played a reserve friendly

The reason for the friendly was for their, and our own match fitness - we wouldn't put out a full team like that just for them to look at a few players to sign on loan...

Pearson putting Bakayogo in that team, is him telling Bakayogo to perform for Leicester and show him why he should still be here. Everyone in that 11 needs to either get fit, stay fit, or prove a point.

Steve Beaglehole: "They (MK Dons) are looking at 1 or 2 of our players in terms of loans."

The game was originally planned as an U21 but with so many players coming back from injuries (Vardy, Drinky etc.) and a couple needing some match fitness (Cambiasso, Simpson) it turned into more of a first team game than it was planned to be. 

Steve Beaglehole: "They (MK Dons) are looking at 1 or 2 of our players in terms of loans."

The game was originally planned as an U21 but with so many players coming back from injuries (Vardy, Drinky etc.) and a couple needing some match fitness (Cambiasso, Simpson) it turned into more of a first team game than it was planned to be. 

Turned in to a game for our fitness :) But I see what you mean after the Beaglehole quote, reckon it would be Bakayogo and Hopper.

Wikipedia had him at 21 three days ago - but now they don't have him in the squad list at all (and he's played since) ! I know Wiki can be a bit dodgy - apparently someone (on the thread about squad numbers for the new signings) has said that it had Powell at Number 25 - pointing out that Logan is 25 (I know he's on loan, but loanees keep their numbers, don't they ?)

If Football Manager is accurate lol, then the squad number of a player leaving on loan is freed up again. Once the player returns from his loan, the club can assign him any number that is free, the same as with a new signing.

Archived