Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

Ongoing 'Transfer Talk' Aug-Dec 2014

This probably just lazy journalism at it's finest, Arsenal suddenly having a big influx of British players plus they've got Chambers so that definitely won't happen and Man City apparently need more British players but highly doubt he'd be on their list of priorities. I mean Moore's been good this season but hasn't been outstanding either.

I don't want him to go and I doubt he will, but if he does, it will be for a monumental fee. He's in the first team of the club he loves, in the PL, and he's just signed a (4 year?) contract - it will take several (not necessarily 7) pound notes to get him.

It would be sad to see him sold, but I'd be confident that NP would find a good replacement should the worst happen.

He is nowhere near good enough yet to start for either of them. Started this year quite well but has gone off a little. Is he not supposed to be an Arsenal fan though?

Moore?

Leicester through and through.

Wouldn't consider anything less than £15 million for him. It might sound a stupid amount for him but that's what the going rate is for young English defenders.

Knowing us we'd accept £3m

http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Premier-League-transfer-news-Leicester-City/story-23335747-detail/story.html?

Manchester City and Arsenal have both reportedly been scouting Leicester City defender Liam Moore in the early stages of the season.

Moore has been praised for his performances in the centre of the Foxes defence, and his form is believed to have attracted the attention of the Premier League champions and the Gunners, according to The Mirror.

City are reported to be keen to add to the number of home-grown players in their squad, and consider Moore a possible long-term solution to that problem.

Arsenal have been linked with a number of defenders in recent months due to the injury problems they have had early in the campaign, and the versatile 21-year-old could be an option for Arsene Wenger in January.

Moore signed a new three-year contract with Leicester in the summer.

In this day and age you'd want a minimum of 12mil with the price of English defenders.

He'd have to suffer a severe stall in his career though, he won't get near Man City or Arsenals first eleven and at his age playing football should be everything.

If he did go wouldn't surprise to see him turn into a defensive version of Scott Sinclair.

Moore?

Leicester through and through.

Supported United when I knew him, but that's up until about age 13/14. Think he said somewhere that as soon as he started to progress with Leicester he's been a fan.

My guess is that it's just paper talk anyway, you couldn't blame him for considering it at all. Arsenal would definitely be a better move out of the two, Chambers is already an England squad regular as have the Ox and Walcott since their moves. As has been said, he'd just be another Rodwell, Sinclair etc at City. Would love him to stay at City for at least a few more season yet though, he's getting better and better with us.

There is no way a club will pay above that besides its not the leicester way to recieve big money for a player apart from Heskey

Is that just because we're never really in a position to command a large fee? Look at when Heskey went. We were an established top flight side and he was already in the international setup, and still relatively young. If Moore was to go now for say £5m, it would be a terrible bit of business on our part, especially considering we turned that down as a championship side. Give it 2 years and provided we don't go down, he will be worth a minimum of £15m as he will probably be in and around the national side by then.

If we were to lose Liam Moore in January or the Summer window I'd;

(a) Be absolutely gutted we'd lost one of our best young talents, a local, academy reared home grown player and one of the most committed and hard working players on the pitch.

(b) Want the sums of £10mil+ for a young English defender people are asking for. If Chambers is worth £16mil then Moore, who isn't too far behind him is worth about £10mil in todays market.

© Then see that money reinvested in the defence to bring a centre back and a left back of a decent age and with some development still to occur so we can mould them into our system to keep the team moving forward.

I'd rather just keep Moore though as I genuinely believe that if he stays he will be the future club captain and achieve many an England cap which would be an amazing achievement for our academy and the player.

Archived