Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

Ongoing 'Transfer Talk' Aug-Dec 2014

Why a new striker Nige keeps playing Vardy out of position.

Until Nige sorts his head out whats the point.

I do wish Nige would stick to our 442 from last season at least if it don't work we would know the players are not good enough.

His system and how he is playing gives us no clue and sure he can't be getting much from it.

Half the players must be lost and as a defender he should have know we were weak at the back.

Why a new striker Nige keeps playing Vardy out of position.

Until Nige sorts his head out whats the point.

I do wish Nige would stick to our 442 from last season at least if it don't work we would know the players are not good enough.

His system and how he is playing gives us no clue and sure he can't be getting much from it.

Half the players must be lost and as a defender he should have know we were weak at the back.

1. Because we are not scoring many goals?

2. And thats why he wants a midfielder sitting in front of the defence maybe?

1. Because we are not scoring many goals?

2. And thats why he wants a midfielder sitting in front of the defence maybe?

Well we score five and he changes tactics.

Now playing Vardy out wide and no wingers and very little creation in what he is playing.

My comment about the defence was going back to preseason.

We were not the strongest defence last season was that not a something that should have been looked at in the summer.

Buying in in the main bench players was a huge mistake and No I do not want Pearson gone.

But I would rather we go down trying to take the game to the opposition than defend a 0-0.

Would much rather us give teams a game at least we stand a chance of scoring than defend at 0-0.

Well we score five and he changes tactics.

Now playing Vardy out wide and no wingers and very little creation in what he is playing.

My comment about the defence was going back to preseason.

We were not the strongest defence last season was that not a something that should have been looked at in the summer.

Buying in in the main bench players was a huge mistake and No I do not want Pearson gone.

But I would rather we go down trying to take the game to the opposition than defend a 0-0.

Would much rather us give teams a game at least we stand a chance of scoring than defend at 0-0.

On the left of a front three. something he did very well  at his previous club.

This could very well go the same way as many other threads.... But he could of afforded other players ( like QPR) but that again is not gaurenteeing they would come for the love of football and the desire to wear our shirt , neither does it gaurentee survival...

On the left of a front three. something he did very well  at his previous club.

This could very well go the same way as many other threads.... But he could of afforded other players ( like QPR) but that again is not gaurenteeing they would come for the love of football and the desire to wear our shirt , neither does it gaurentee survival...

HMMMMM they were a premier league club then?

He struggled in his first season with us and unlike a lot I thought he would this season.

But I do think he would have played better in a 442 than being a wide man.

Who are all these premier league starting quality players we should have filled the squad out with... for £10m?

Easier said than done.

Just think we could have signed George Boyd for £3 million :nigel:

Who are all these premier league starting quality players we should have filled the squad out with... for £10m?

Easier said than done.

I would rather have got in 3 or 4 3m players than waste  10m on one player that for half our games so far we have not played to his strengths.

Or praps you think paying prem wages to players you have bought in and not played is good business.

I still scratch my head as to why we gave GTF enough games so we had to offer him a contract.

No I do not want Pearson gone atm but I do wonder at some of his decisions But in your eyes I must be wrong to question him.

I would rather have got in 3 or 4 3m players than waste 10m on one player that for half our games so far we have not played to his strengths.

Or praps you think paying prem wages to players you have bought in and not played is good business.

I still scratch my head as to why we gave GTF enough games so we had to offer him a contract.

No I do not want Pearson gone atm but I do wonder at some of his decisions But in your eyes I must be wrong to question him.

Firstly as pointed out by someone above £3m doesn't get you much, finding rough diamonds cheap isn't easy, if it was everyone would do it.

Do I think paying premier wages to players we don't play is a good idea? Well if you want enough players to cover injuries and suspensions, then yes I'm ok paying people who don't play very often. Point me out a team that doesn't have that, that's the point in having 25 man squads.

Do I think you are wrong to question him? You can do what you want, but I think you are a) not aware of all the facts and b) making it sound rather easier than it actually is to do.

From what you are saying you expect loads premier quality starting players for £3m and a load of players outside the first 11 who are decent back up but earning championship wages. It's fantasy football stuff.

And he hold what position in our club remind me?

And what position do you hold?

He's got a track record with us of being correct, and knows rather more than you I'd think.

He said at the start of the summer we had Ulloa and Powell as targets and £10m to spend. We signed Ulloa and Powell and spent about £10m.

You can rubbish him if you want but most people on here know that he's got the inside track here and his article was fairly accurate considering it was very early in the summer.

Oh and the same man that said we had a 30k wage cap.

Yet rumours say kasper is on 40k (one that Bert seems to back up) and we got Chambiasso who most think is on way more.

The key word being rumours.

I find it hard to criticise someone when I don't have the facts at hand, some people don't.

Saying you would have wanted x number of better quality players is one thing. Blaming Pearson for it is another, when he could very well have been working on a fairly limited budget for the premier league.

Firstly as pointed out by someone above £3m doesn't get you much, finding rough diamonds cheap isn't easy, if it was everyone would do it.

Do I think paying premier wages to players we don't play is a good idea? Well if you want enough players to cover injuries and suspensions, then yes I'm ok paying people who don't play very often. Point me out a team that doesn't have that, that's the point in having 25 man squads.

Do I think you are wrong to question him? You can do what you want, but I think you are a) not aware of all the facts and b) making it sound rather easier than it actually is to do.

From what you are saying you expect loads premier quality starting players for £3m and a load of players outside the first 11 who are decent back up but earning championship wages. It's fantasy football stuff.

A lot of squads have bench players they have moved down hence a prem wage and not bought in bench players unless young players.

And not saying 3m players are prem quality but praps better than we bought up.

Our management team have a good record upto this summer with signings and yes Chambiasso and Ulloa no problems.

But Nigels you wil not of heard of any of our targets (smoke screen) was bollox.

Just like his I do not know if I have money in Jan comment. (Really)

If he don't know and I was him I would be worried how can he plan.

So if true he is off otherwise it is bollox so why did he not say yes I have one but is not up for discussion. (or praps he should ask john percy?)

He's got a track record with us of being correct, and knows rather more than you I'd think.

He said at the start of the summer we had Ulloa and Powell as targets and £10m to spend. We signed Ulloa and Powell and spent about £10m.

You can rubbish him if you want but most people on here know that he's got the inside track here and his article was fairly accurate considering it was very early in the summer.

None. But do you see our owners telling him our business.

As for Powell was no secret I was told by friends of his family (crew fans) he was coming to us and no other club.

And people on here took the piss.

Was the worst kept secret of the summer. The only thing I could not work out was why it took so long.

If Percy was right with his 10m seems a little crazy to put all your eggs in one basket and then not play to his strengths.

Also a good job Ulloa did not break a leg first game.

None. But do you see our owners telling him our business.

No, but by the same token I don't expect Powell to tell you his, but you found out.  Information trickles down and I'm not sure what more John Percy could actually have done to be a trusted source, in fact he's been the ONLY source of decent information for some time.

But Nigels you wil not of heard of any of our targets (smoke screen) was bollox.

Just like his I do not know if I have money in Jan comment. (Really)

If he don't know and I was him I would be worried how can he plan.

So if true he is off otherwise it is bollox so why did he not say yes I have one but is not up for discussion. (or praps he should ask john percy?)

Again, you don't know that we weren't in for a load of players you hadn't heard of. So you can't say whether it's bollux or not.

As for budget, he might not know. How do you know the owners haven't discussed it yet. But as he's said before (see interview at end of season that talked about scouting) his team will have dossiers about players of differing values for differing budgets. That's their job day in day out, not knowing the budget two months before the window opens doesn't change how they will have been going about their job that drastically as they will plan for all eventualities.

I'm not saying you don't have a point, it's just apportioning blame on the manager without all the information can be quite unfair. We went through all of this before where people were quick to blame Pearson for problems with Beckford, Danns, Mills etc and as it turns out it looks like he was right.

Again, you don't know that we weren't in for a load of players you hadn't heard of. So you can't say whether it's bollux or not.

As for budget, he might not know. How do you know the owners haven't discussed it yet. But as he's said before (see interview at end of season that talked about scouting) his team will have dossiers about players of differing values for differing budgets. That's their job day in day out, not knowing the budget two months before the window opens doesn't change how they will have been going about their job that drastically as they will plan for all eventualities.

I'm not saying you don't have a point, it's just apportioning blame on the manager without all the information can be quite unfair. We went through all of this before where people were quick to blame Pearson for problems with Beckford, Danns, Mills etc and as it turns out it looks like he was right.

Who is blaming Pearson I think you keep missing the fact I do not want him gone I do not want facts and figures.

Just a little honesty If we only had 10m in the summer fine. If we had 24m just say I know I have money I did not spend in the summer. Or we have a budget for jan. I do not for one minute believe our owners have not sorted a budget for jan yet.

Yes we have a manager but he could be gone for whatever reason tomorrow.

So our owners are going to sit down and not have a clue to the first question a perspective manager is going to ask.

I do not for one minute believe our owners are not planning 3 months in advance.

If that is the case I fear we may not be in business long.

Who is blaming Pearson I think you keep missing the fact I do not want him gone I do not want facts and figures.

Just a little honesty If we only had 10m in the summer fine. If we had 24m just say I know I have money I did not spend in the summer. Or we have a budget for jan. I do not for one minute believe our owners have not sorted a budget for jan yet.

Yes we have a manager but he could be gone for whatever reason tomorrow.

So our owners are going to sit down and not have a clue to the first question a perspective manager is going to ask.

I do not for one minute believe our owners are not planning 3 months in advance.

If that is the case I fear we may not be in business long.

Why would they talk publicly about the amount of money we have to spend?

Are you mad?

Why would they talk publicly about the amount of money we have to spend?

Are you mad?

Do I not say I do not want facts and figures.

Just a simple yes I know what my budget is is all I expect.

If you have to rip someone at least read what they have put.

Everyone knows every prem club will have a budget in Jan.

Do I not say I do not want facts and figures.

Just a simple yes I know what my budget is is all I expect.

If you have to rip someone at least read what they have put.

Everyone knows every prem club will have a budget in Jan.

Would you be happy with the club paying massively over the odds for a player, or even worse and more realistically, miss out on a target just for the sake of letting you know that they have a budget? Regardless whether they state what the budget is, even publically announcing they have one puts them at a disadvantage to a selling club, or even to a club looking to buy one of our players!

The owners are businessmen, to think they don't have a budget would be rediculous. They know what the maximum is they'll spend, it all comes down to how much they're willing to lose on a gamble to keep us up. Its essentially stick or twist for the owners.

Also, if NP thought he'd harvested the transfer market for everything he could, he's hardly going to say he had another £14m to spend, but didn't, as this would just put his at a disadvantage in the next window. If he did have that, and just spent it for the sake of it (something I believe NP would never do), it'd just have put more pressure on him if the results didn't go our way.

So the bids for Deeney and McGoldrick didn't happen?

Archived