Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Stoke Post Match Thread - 0 - 1

Are we really going to argue that we weren't awful for a lot of the match?

You really dont get it do you..We got 3 points, we stifled them even when backs to the wall to few real shots on target.NP. Knew he had to change it, he did showing yes even under ,the cosh we can compete and change the flow of the game.We are the new boys, we have players who can influence a game, players who show poor form, can change during the substitutes while being kept on.Plans A, B, and C flexability.

Its whether that 'awfull' can be counteracted, for me sofar so good.

I dont read fans getting carried away, just enjoying the moment, this 1st 3pt weekend.

I reckon Paul looks better as we are having to defend more and that is the strongest point of his game. That being said he has been class when he has been attacking too, which is less frequently than last season.

I can never read one of your serious posts with a straight face.

Has anyone mentioned that Liam Moore run in the second half yet?! It just epitomised not only his individual commitment but the spirit of the whole team that's got us where we are.

He's relishing being in The Prem and it's great to see.

Love Liam. The progress he's made in 2 years has been unbelievable. Much like Vardy.

The character in this side never fails to amaze me. Nige has got these boys all playing for each other and seems to have created a bit of a siege mentality.

The job he has done to offload mercenaries like Beckford and Mills and replace them with young and hungry players with a fee older heads for experience should never be underestimated

The character in this side never fails to amaze me. Nige has got these boys all playing for each other and seems to have created a bit of a siege mentality.

The job he has done to offload mercenaries like Beckford and Mills and replace them with young and hungry players with a fee older heads for experience should never be underestimated

Christ. Read that and thought, "I'll just check how Bolton are getting on this season".

Aaaaaand.... bottom 3.

Just got back. We were great today. I don't believe in this "smash and grab", I thought second half after Drinkwater and Cambiasso came on we were excellent and matched Stoke. Ok they could have scored, but so could we again. A couple of times we broke and it either didn't work out or we made the wrong decision.

This game was always going to be a grind. A grinder if you will. To take all three points was something, we could have had another goal, and if not for some serious defending, and some Hamertime, the most we should have really deserved was a sneaky draw.

If I was a Stoke fan, I'd be more than pissed at some of the refs foul decisions against them, as it did if I'm honest seem a bit unbalanced.

I think Stoke are going to suffer if their 2nd choice striker is Peter Crouch. He's really awful and he could have been sent off on another day.

Cambiasso is seriously going to make his doubters eat their words.

Absolutely right. It's like NP has a secret weapon, but it's not a secret, it is in fact just basic common sense. Things such as team spirit, attitude, character and stamina go a long, long way in this sport. NP obviously understands this and knows how to instil these things into a team. Maybe he's just better at this than most of the competition.

Not the best of performances but was always going to be hard there.

Glad to get the 3 points as it's the points that count at the end of the day.

Although was little below par performance (especially 1st half) I thought Schlupp had a real shocker today! Can't really think of one productive thing he done and when had the ball he either lost it or voluntary knocked the ball out of play.

I think Stoke seen our wingers as a threat and set up a game plan to make them ineffective which personally felt worked for them as we did struggle to ask them questions until change in formation- Great tactical play by Pearson!!

Absolutely right. It's like NP has a secret weapon, but it's not a secret, it is in fact just basic common sense. Things such as team spirit, attitude, character and stamina go a long, long way in this sport. NP obviously understands this and knows how to instil these things into a team. Maybe he's just better at this than most of the competition.

Market leader. :thumbup::D

Archived