Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Russ112112

Hammond took his chance

Dean Hammond has arguable been leicester best proformer this year he deserves a lot of credit. A lot of fans calling for him to be dropped before the game great that he's proving the doubters wrong don't care who the players are if they are proformer well for the club that's all that matters.

You really can't judge a player until they get a solid run in the first team. Having got that, Hammond is showing that he is at least as good as any of our other midfielders. With his form and the arrival of Cambiasso, I can see King and James struggling for a starting place for a while.

He's done brilliant, same with King but I am very excited about seeing a fully fit Matty James back in the squad.

Just goes to show though how different we we're when Cambiasso and Drinkwater came on. They ran the midfield with Hammond just sitting in behind.

Also with King being in form and James just getting back to fitness we look very strong in the CM role. It's a good headache to have having such depth in that position.

Have a word with yourself Spider !!! "crap"  been superb and thoroughly deserves his place.

Read my post pal - I said he was crap, I didn't say he's been crap.

Like I also said if he keeps it simple he can be a diamond for us this year. Sometimes he tries balls and things that are above him and he fails big time, but when he sit's, breaks up play and keeps it simple, passing to better players he great........Makelele made a career out of this!

You have to think right now our best side is with Hammond & Cambiasso sitting behind Drinky, with Vardy/Schlupp/Mahrez/Nugent playing off Ulloa. James won't walk in ahead of Hammond, he'll have to play his way in, but amazing the options we have vs the start of the season.

Kasper

RDL, Wes, Moore, Konch

Cambiasso, Hammond

Drinkwater

Vardy Mahrez

Ulloa

Mix Lawrence, Schlupp, Nugent, Knockaert, Powell into those front 3, Wood backing up Ulloa, James and King challenging Hammond, we have one hell of a squad. Hamer able backup to Kasper, Was backing up Moore and Wes, Simpson as cover at fullback. Yes..

Read my post pal - I said he was crap, I didn't say he's been crap.

Like I also said if he keeps it simple he can be a diamond for us this year. Sometimes he tries balls and things that are above him and he fails big time, but when he sit's, breaks up play and keeps it simple, passing to better players he great........Makelele made a career out of this!

You said "He's crap" which can be "He IS" or "He was" but usually the later has "been" following it, so you can understand why he took it the other way.

You have to think right now our best side is with Hammond & Cambiasso sitting behind Drinky, with Vardy/Schlupp/Mahrez/Nugent playing off Ulloa. James won't walk in ahead of Hammond, he'll have to play his way in, but amazing the options we have vs the start of the season.

Kasper

RDL, Wes, Moore, Konch

Cambiasso, Hammond

Drinkwater

Vardy Mahrez

Ulloa

Mix Lawrence, Schlupp, Nugent, Knockaert, Powell into those front 3, Wood backing up Ulloa, James and King challenging Hammond, we have one hell of a squad. Hamer able backup to Kasper, Was backing up Moore and Wes, Simpson as cover at fullback. Yes..

I agree. I'm pretty shocked at how well Hammond has played this season. I do still think James will end up ahead of him in the picking order when he's fully fit, but I'd have no reservations about seeing Hammond's name on the team sheet like I would have done before the season kicked off.

I like the team you picked. I think that's our best XI with everyone fit, except I'd put James in for Hammond.

It's incredible how much improvement there's been in the squad over just a couple of league matches. Who remembers the bench for the Everton match, and GTF in central midfield?

You said "He's crap" which can be "He IS" or "He was" but usually the later has "been" following it, so you can understand why he took it the other way.

That would be "He has", surely? I agree though, "He's crap" is short for "He is crap". Actually, I don't think "He's" can be short for "He was".

Dean Hammond has arguable been leicester best proformer this year he deserves a lot of credit. A lot of fans calling for him to be dropped before the game great that he's proving the doubters wrong don't care who the players are if they are proformer well for the club that's all that matters.

Wot!!

Best performer!!!!!!!

He's been good in 2 of the games, average in 1 and poor in the other.

Then against Stoke he was non-existent in the first half and had a good second half (but not as good as Camby or Drinks).

Certainly better than most people expected before the season (though I think you'll find I said he was decent) but not as good as some are making out now.

behind Drinky, James and Camby in the pecking order. an excellent 4th choice. 

Wut!!

He's is NEVER he was - he is or he has!!!!

Wut!!

He's is NEVER he was - he is or he has!!!!

Whichever way he meant it, it's clearly bullsh1t- crap players don't make the step up into the Premier League like he has done-particularly at Everton where he was arguably the best player on our side. His first half yesterday was pretty shoddy, but then so was everyone's beyond the back 5. Second half he more than held his own and was a great foil for our two best players.

No question that at some stage he will lose his place to James, but if that knowledge keeps him performing then I'll be chuffed to see him on the team sheet....

He does the simple things that allow the more technical players to do what they need to do, these sorts of players are in every team that does well from league 2 to champions league but often because they don't score/assist they go unnoticed!

He's stepped his game up and probably has something to prove seeing as when he got promoted he got sold so looks as if he wants to show he's capable in the Premier League and so far he's shown he can do a job for us

Wot!!

Best performer!!!!!!!

He's been good in 2 of the games, average in 1 and poor in the other.

Then against Stoke he was non-existent in the first half and had a good second half (but not as good as Camby or Drinks).

Certainly better than most people expected before the season (though I think you'll find I said he was decent) but not as good as some are making out now.

behind Drinky, James and Camby in the pecking order. an excellent 4th choice.

Who was he poor against?

Archived